BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    19" wheels

08-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #23
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by northtorque View Post
nlaak - seriously, crossing into Windsor isn't so bad lol (my hometown). I was looking at the 19" FastWheels for a winter setup as well but I am undecided still. I have summers on current stock 20" 706M bicolors and am torn between getting a 19" winter set-up (gives some sidewall) versus converting my stock 20" into the winter set with winter rubber and enjoying an aftermarket custom summer setup next spring. If I was you and if your car is not coming until say Nov or so I would swing a deal with your dealer to put winter rubber on your stock 19" wheels as part of the deal. Then you have an OEM winter set-up with no worries and then you can get a custom 20" set for summers or whatever. Just a thought. In Canada, the F90 came with the 20" as standard so the 19" conversion option was a no go for me.
No, I've been through Canada a million times - my ex was born there and had family - though almost all of it through Sarnia to London. My problem is the US requires either a passport or an enhanced drivers license to cross AFAIK, and I have neither. And I need to go the the county and get a copy of my birth certificate (which was lost in a fire years ago) to get either. So, that's a bit of a non-starter in the short term. And I'm not sure I want to deal with customs and stuff. I haven't bought anything over there in years, but it used to be a pain depending on who you met at the border crossing.

My car will be here either the last week of August or the first week of Sept, so I have a little time there and more before tires are needed. In the US the base M5 is standard with 19" and the 20" are a cost option. Given the crappy roads here, 20s were not something I wanted to deal with, there's just too little sidewall.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 09:26 AM   #24
northtorque
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlaak View Post
No, I've been through Canada a million times - my ex was born there and had family - though almost all of it through Sarnia to London. My problem is the US requires either a passport or an enhanced drivers license to cross AFAIK, and I have neither. And I need to go the the county and get a copy of my birth certificate (which was lost in a fire years ago) to get either. So, that's a bit of a non-starter in the short term. And I'm not sure I want to deal with customs and stuff. I haven't bought anything over there in years, but it used to be a pain depending on who you met at the border crossing.

My car will be here either the last week of August or the first week of Sept, so I have a little time there and more before tires are needed. In the US the base M5 is standard with 19" and the 20" are a cost option. Given the crappy roads here, 20s were not something I wanted to deal with, there's just too little sidewall.
Understand, sounds like a logistical nightmare! Also feel your pain regarding road issue for sure - damn freeze thaw cycles and poor road maintenance! We have the same problem in Ontario as well. Good luck! PS there was talk of a "Great Lakes" F90 get together at some point. Keep an eye on the regional subforum.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 02:29 PM   #25
bradleyjs
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5B, 2006 E60 550i

Garage List
Here’s what I got from the factory: 19” Yokohama ADVAN SPORT V105

They seem ok and from what Ive read it specifically designed for “high powered sports cars”.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ire=84YR9ADSXL
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 03:10 PM   #26
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyjs View Post
Here’s what I got from the factory: 19” Yokohama ADVAN SPORT V105

They seem ok and from what Ive read it specifically designed for “high powered sports cars”.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ire=84YR9ADSXL
I haven't had anything but all season tires on my cars in years so anything summer performance will likely be better than what I have.

Right now I'm focused on figuring out what to do about wheels/tires for winter.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 12:31 PM   #27
bradleyjs
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5B, 2006 E60 550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlaak View Post
I haven't had anything but all season tires on my cars in years so anything summer performance will likely be better than what I have.

Right now I'm focused on figuring out what to do about wheels/tires for winter.
We really have it rough here in the states - with all of our daily 1st World Problems to contend with... lol
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 12:25 AM   #28
skyjunky
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

I had those on mine and the outer edges were destroyed by one track day.
2001 325ci - sold
1998 318is - gone
Appreciate 0