BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    19" wheels

07-16-2019, 08:27 AM   #1
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5

19" wheels

Anyone have links to 19" wheels that will fit the M5 base? I chose the 19s because of crappy roads here and need to get some wheels for winter tires.

I've checked Tire Rack and a few other places but they don't seem to have anything. I'll contact them directly once I have the car and started looking a little harder, but I've literally found none. I'm assuming it's a brake size issue from some short comments I've seen around the net.

At this point I'm seeing my only sure option is buying BMW wheels from the dealer, and I have to assume that will be expensive.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 01:50 PM   #2
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

There isn't even a winter 19" option other than the stock 705m wheels and I think you'll find just about every aftermarket option is a 20"

You wouldn't consider a 20" for summer and keep the current 19" for winter?
      07-18-2019, 09:59 AM   #3
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
There isn't even a winter 19" option other than the stock 705m wheels and I think you'll find just about every aftermarket option is a 20"

You wouldn't consider a 20" for summer and keep the current 19" for winter?
Switching the 19's I'm getting to being winters is more expense and effort than I want at this point, considering it would mean jettisoning the existing tires or finding someone to sell them to.

Roads are terrible here and running 20's at any time is more risk than I want and running them in the winters is just asking for trouble, lol.

Do you know if the problem is the brakes not fitting on most 19's? I know 19's in this bolt pattern are available since you can get them
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 01:26 PM   #4
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

No idea about what wheels would or wouldn't fit over the brakes but I would definitely think you'll find it a bit tricky!
      07-24-2019, 11:34 PM   #5
goatfarmer1970
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

Subscribed. Given how small the clearance is with the 20s, I am curious about 19s...seems like it would be crazy-tight upfront. Excited for people to add to this thread as we get closer to winter. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 08:36 AM   #6
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatfarmer1970 View Post
Subscribed. Given how small the clearance is with the 20s, I am curious about 19s...seems like it would be crazy-tight upfront. Excited for people to add to this thread as we get closer to winter. Thanks.
We know that the stock wheels work fine, since you can order it that way. I found a place claiming to sell them at $449/each (same price for fronts and rears), though it's 'call for availability'. I've not yet asked my dealer for a quote, but I'll do that as well, probably as I pick my car up.

I wouldn't get too excited, these cars have been out for a couple winters and info is sparse at best for 19" wheels. If I find anything other than the stock wheels I'll post it here.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 02:02 PM   #7
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

please keep suggestions coming
getting my car next week and debating between high performance all season tires and unfortunately only one option available on TR .. Potenza something
or a dedicated winter set including wheels and tires
I have used high performance tires maily DWS 06 on my E63 for 3 seasons and had no issues with traction or stopping
unfortunately DWS not available in OEM tire size for M5
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 06:03 PM   #8
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PGH View Post
please keep suggestions coming
getting my car next week and debating between high performance all season tires and unfortunately only one option available on TR .. Potenza something
or a dedicated winter set including wheels and tires
I have used high performance tires maily DWS 06 on my E63 for 3 seasons and had no issues with traction or stopping
unfortunately DWS not available in OEM tire size for M5
I've driven all season tires for a lot of years (though never on anything with as much power as an M5) but the performance specs of dedicated summer and dedicated winter tires are much better than any all season tire.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 04:04 PM   #9
wisti
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

BMW offers the 706 wheels in 19'' and they fit the F90 M5.

As far as after market is concerned, so far, I found GTS wheels (the G505). I wrote an email to the manufacturer and they assured me that their 19'' wheels do fit the F90 M5. It even comes in two (2) different colors: Matte Black or Titanium.

Being form Montreal, no way I will drive 20'' wheels in the winter.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 04:16 PM   #10
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisti View Post
BMW offers the 706 wheels in 19'' and they fit the F90 M5.

As far as after market is concerned, so far, I found GTS wheels (the G505). I wrote an email to the manufacturer and they assured me that their 19'' wheels do fit the F90 M5. It even comes in two (2) different colors: Matte Black or Titanium.

Being form Montreal, no way I will drive 20'' wheels in the winter.
I'm going to have my dealer quote me the 706 wheels, since that's what my car is coming with anyway. I was hoping for some choice. TireRack has a million decent looking wheels, but they don't seem to say any of the 19" ones will fit the M5. I will contact them about that as well, at some point.

Do you have a link to the G505 wheels you're talking about? I'm looking for something inexpensive (which is the opposite from most M5 owners).

I'm from the metro Detroit area and I can assure you I won't be riding on 20" wheels here either. Our roads are trash most of the year.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #11
wisti
Rep

Hi guys,

Just ordered GTS510 wheels in 19'' for a winter set up for my M5Comp. I reached out to GTS Wheels and they referred me to a super nice guy in the Montreal area (Laval) and together, we looked at the options for a winter set up of 19's. GTS just put out the GTS 510 on top of the GTS 505. The ETA is even closer to our original summer set up.

I opted for a square set up of 265 40 R19. The tires are Michelin Alpin. I do not know these tires for I am a big fan of Nokian. However, Nokian does not make tires of this size.

The GTS link goes as follows : http://gtswheels.com/

Will post pics of the GTS 505 and the 510
Appreciate 1
nlaak85.50
      08-09-2019, 09:28 AM   #12
wisti
Rep

Name:  gts_g510_matte_graphite.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  281.4 KB

gts510
Appreciate 1
nlaak85.50
      08-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #13
wisti
Rep

Name:  g505-matte-twoside-final[1].jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  225.7 KB

gts 505
Appreciate 1
nlaak85.50
      08-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #14
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi guys,

Just ordered GTS510 wheels in 19'' for a winter set up for my M5Comp. I reached out to GTS Wheels and they referred me to a super nice guy in the Montreal area (Laval) and together, we looked at the options for a winter set up of 19's. GTS just put out the GTS 510 on top of the GTS 505. The ETA is even closer to our original summer set up.

I opted for a square set up of 265 40 R19. The tires are Michelin Alpin. I do not know these tires for I am a big fan of Nokian. However, Nokian does not make tires of this size.

The GTS link goes as follows : http://gtswheels.com/

Will post pics of the GTS 505 and the 510
Huh, I like them both. What kind of price range are they?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 03:05 PM   #15
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep

would appreciate if you can share pricing
you can send via pm if you prefer
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 03:27 PM   #16
wisti
Rep

All in (including 14% taxes), I paid $3300 Cdn dollars. This includes:
- TPMS (4X)
- Michelin PILOT ALPIN PA4 DIREZIONALE (265 40 R19)
- GTS 510 (4X)
- Installation

To give you an idea, BMW dealers in Montreal charge $6000 (PLUS taxes) for a set of 705's BMW wheels with the same tires. I do not know if it includes TPMS or not and if the installation is covered or not. All things considered, my set up is 50% cheaper. I also think the GTS wheels look better. But it is only my personal taste !
Appreciate 1
nlaak85.50
      08-09-2019, 03:28 PM   #17
wisti
Rep

- TPMS (4X)
- GTS 510 (4X)
- Installation

To give you an idea, BMW dealers in Montreal charge $6000 (PLUS taxes) for a set of 705's BMW wheels with the same tires. I do not know if it includes TPMS or not and if the installation is covered or not. All things considered, my set up is 50% cheaper. I also think the GTS wheels look better. But it is only my personal taste !
Appreciate 1
nlaak85.50
      08-10-2019, 05:36 AM   #18
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep

thanks for sharing details
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 07:46 AM   #19
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
- TPMS (4X)
- GTS 510 (4X)
- Installation

Wow, seems like you got an incredible deal, especially considering the exchange rate. Thanks for the info.

Stupid question, you haven't actually put them on yet, right? Obviously it's not time for winter wheels yet, but was curious if you checked that they do fit. The front brakes are huge and the lack of 19"s that fit is making me a little paranoid about getting something and having to go through the effort of returning them. Having a local shop would obviously mitigate that a bunch.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 08:26 AM   #20
wisti
Rep

They are not on yet. I do not have them yet either. I placed the order this week for I did not want to be left waiting for back orders when the rush for winter tires comes. Bear in mind that winter tires are mandatory in Quebec starting Dec. 15. So there really is a rush around that time and many people are facing availability issues...

As far as fitment is concerned, GTS were adamant on the fact that they fit perfectly. I took the time to write to them first. They told me that they only had the 505's available in 19'' but that they were coming with the 510's in September. The 510's are the ones I ordered.

I also read somewhere on this Forum that a guy from around here was able to fit Fast Wheels (19'') for his winter set up. He even posted pics. This is what he rode for last winter (2018-19).

As soon as I get them, I will do a fit test and post pics.
Appreciate 1
nlaak85.50
      08-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #21
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
They are not on yet. I do not have them yet either. I placed the order this week for I did not want to be left waiting for back orders when the rush for winter tires comes. Bear in mind that winter tires are mandatory in Quebec starting Dec. 15. So there really is a rush around that time and many people are facing availability issues...

As far as fitment is concerned, GTS were adamant on the fact that they fit perfectly. I took the time to write to them first. They told me that they only had the 505's available in 19'' but that they were coming with the 510's in September. The 510's are the ones I ordered.

I also read somewhere on this Forum that a guy from around here was able to fit Fast Wheels (19'') for his winter set up. He even posted pics. This is what he rode for last winter (2018-19).

As soon as I get them, I will do a fit test and post pics.
I'm somewhat in the same boat with winters. I live in the Metro Detroit area and sometime before Christmas will want winter tires on. And like you I won't want to wait get them ordered. As I don't actually have my M5 yet, I'm waiting until then to actually order wheels, but I'll want to do that in the first week or two. Hopefully I'll have it before the end of the first week of Sept.

I mean, if the manf not only insist they're a good fit, then you'll probably be fine. And if not, you're getting them locally so you have somewhere to walk in to and complain, unlike an online retailer.

I Googled FastWheels, but they don't appear to have any SE Michigan dealers and I really don't want to cross into Windor or Sarnia to do this.

Hopefully you'll get yours before I feel compelled to order mine. I guess I can start with emailing GTS and see if they have a dealer near me.

Last edited by nlaak; 08-10-2019 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 10:33 PM   #22
northtorque
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlaak View Post
I'm somewhat in the same boat with winters. I live in the Metro Detroit area and sometime before Christmas will want winter tires on. And like you I won't want to wait get them ordered. As I don't actually have my M5 yet, I'm waiting until then to actually order wheels, but I'll want to do that in the first week or two. Hopefully I'll have it before the end of the first week of Sept.

I mean, if the manf not only insist they're a good fit, then you'll probably be fine. And if not, you're getting them locally so you have somewhere to walk in to and complain, unlike an online retailer.

I Googled FastWheels, but they don't appear to have any SE Michigan dealers and I really don't want to cross into Windor or Sarnia to do this.

Hopefully you'll get yours before I feel compelled to order mine. I guess I can start with emailing GTS and see if they have a dealer near me.
nlaak - seriously, crossing into Windsor isn't so bad lol (my hometown). I was looking at the 19" FastWheels for a winter setup as well but I am undecided still. I have summers on current stock 20" 706M bicolors and am torn between getting a 19" winter set-up (gives some sidewall) versus converting my stock 20" into the winter set with winter rubber and enjoying an aftermarket custom summer setup next spring. If I was you and if your car is not coming until say Nov or so I would swing a deal with your dealer to put winter rubber on your stock 19" wheels as part of the deal. Then you have an OEM winter set-up with no worries and then you can get a custom 20" set for summers or whatever. Just a thought. In Canada, the F90 came with the 20" as standard so the 19" conversion option was a no go for me.
Appreciate 0