BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls    driveshaft noise??

05-21-2019, 11:37 PM   #1
jc16
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f90 m5 comp

driveshaft noise??

hey I am new here just picked up a marina bay blue m5c 3 weeks ago and was brought in for the 2000km service today.

This morning before I service I noticed a clunking noise coming from the rear of the vehicle when downshifting or giving the car half throttle around 2-3k rpm.

The dealer said it could be the drift shaft making noise. They have had a few previous m5 have a similar issue. There could be a loose piece of plastic in the area? have anyone had similar issues? just frustrated this is happening on a brand new car. Hopefully its nothing serious. Besides that the car has been perfect and couldn't wait to finish the service to really push the car!!

ps I have to confess I did push the car to 6-7k rpm at full throttle up to 230kph yesterday right be fore noticed the noise this morning.....

Last edited by jc16; 05-21-2019 at 11:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #2
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

It's hard to resist not to push the car
It sucks having some problems but car is under warranty and it can happened to any new car.

Most off us at the beginning needed to go to recall ( full pump ) I had mine died in mid cornering.
No matter what hat car you buy they are not perfect.