BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls    P0456 Check Engine Light

12-16-2023, 09:33 AM   #1
kirkM5FL
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Competition

P0456 Check Engine Light

I purchased a new to me 2020 M5 competition in October. I had noticed some smell of fuel after driving but thought it may be normal. I recently had the check engine light kick on and took it to local Autopart store to identify it as the P0456 code. Fuel system leak. I replaced the gas cap but light is still on. Has anyone had this happen? I am trying to see if I can fix it on my own before taking to the shop. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2023, 11:43 AM   #2
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkM5FL View Post
I purchased a new to me 2020 M5 competition in October. I had noticed some smell of fuel after driving but thought it may be normal. I recently had the check engine light kick on and took it to local Autopart store to identify it as the P0456 code. Fuel system leak. I replaced the gas cap but light is still on. Has anyone had this happen? I am trying to see if I can fix it on my own before taking to the shop. Thanks!
Check DMTL valve
Appreciate 0