BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion    BMW X3 30I FEATURES Absent (2019)

12-23-2022, 12:03 PM   #1
DATK
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Garage List
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
Angry BMW X3 30I FEATURES Absent (2019)

I purchased my car from BMW in August of this year. It is a 2019 X3 30i. I have found that some features don't exist. The main option I was shocked at was door sensors to lock and unlock by touching the handle and ambient lighting. I would think this would be standard. The salesperson decided not to tell me on.purpose I'm sure. I tried to get after market but no deal for that either. The car does not have Nav so maybe that was part of that package. Just odd to me. All luxury cars like Infiniti, Audi, Acura, benz and even cadillac had door sensors as standard. Live and learn. Otherwise, I'm happy.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 05:03 PM   #2
Rahul29
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i F30 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATK View Post
I purchased my car from BMW in August of this year. It is a 2019 X3 30i. I have found that some features don't exist. The main option I was shocked at was door sensors to lock and unlock by touching the handle and ambient lighting. I would think this would be standard. The salesperson decided not to tell me on.purpose I'm sure. I tried to get after market but no deal for that either. The car does not have Nav so maybe that was part of that package. Just odd to me. All luxury cars like Infiniti, Audi, Acura, benz and even cadillac had door sensors as standard. Live and learn. Otherwise, I'm happy.
A 2019 X3 without Nav sounds ridiculous. A 50 grand car should come with Nav and ambient lights as standard. Or, at least I thought they did. The door sensors you are referring to are a part of the comfort access pack which I think is an option.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 07:31 AM   #3
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Well this may sound harsh but the worst bmw to buy is a cheap basic model without optional packages. It has been this way for the last 20+ years. You gotta pay to play.

Also, some of us don't consider Infiniti, audi and acura as lux brands.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 08:56 AM   #4
dailym340i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i X-Drive Exc Pkg

Garage List
In search of a new SUV for my wife, I checked out a couple of BMW dealers in my area. Including the one where I picked up my M340i. Due to chip shortages, there were brand new vehicles coming in with upgraded packages but smaller features within those packages missing. For example, no HUD with models with Premium Enhanced package.

For me, paying $70-85k for a luxury BMW (or MB/Audi for that matter) missing features like that is unacceptable.

My M340i has every option available for it’s MY. Yet my 2017 Infiniti had more options standard and overall more individual features than my BMW. It was definitely a luxury car, albeit with less performance tuning and overall build quality wasn’t on par with German cars. You would be ignorant to dismiss it as a non-luxury car.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 09:21 AM   #5
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailym340i View Post
You would be ignorant to dismiss it as a non-luxury car.
One is ignorant when they dismiss another as being ignorant based on not agreeing.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 08:12 PM   #6
dailym340i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i X-Drive Exc Pkg

Garage List
Based on definition alone, Audi Infiniti Lexus and the like are indeed classified as “luxury” autos. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even snotty folks on forums.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 08:55 PM   #7
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Sounds like you didn’t do your research or look at the car very closely. If those features were ones you wanted, you could easily have spotted the lack of comfort access by the absence of ribs in the door handle, and the ambient lighting is obvious in my 2020 X3 even in the daytime.

Why would you expect a sales person to highlight all the features a vehicle doesn’t have?
Appreciate 2
VipinLJ1949.00
      12-24-2022, 10:02 PM   #8
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBO View Post
Sounds like you didn’t do your research or look at the car very closely. If those features were ones you wanted, you could easily have spotted the lack of comfort access by the absence of ribs in the door handle, and the ambient lighting is obvious in my 2020 X3 even in the daytime.

Why would you expect a sales person to highlight all the features a vehicle doesn’t have?
I agree! Expecting a salesperson to tell you this and that is missing makes one sound like they've never bought a car before.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1
MJBO2663.00
      12-25-2022, 01:38 AM   #9
POBEP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 E90 E91

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
I agree! Expecting a salesperson to tell you this and that is missing makes one sound like they've never bought a car before.
I agree that core issue here is that basic homework/research was not completed before the purchase.

I somewhat disagree about salesperson's job expectation (applies to any sales, not just cars):

IMO, it is SP job to ensure that
1) customer is happy with his purchase
2) sales quota is satisfied

The (1) implies being educated and able to educate his customer on the product being sold. I met (1 time only) experienced SP - he was very detailed, patient (sale took 4 weeks).

(2) implies selecting appropriate product and correct sales strategy. not every potential customer who walks into dealership is ready to buy. But those who are should not leave without some form of sales agreement - formal or informal
      12-26-2022, 09:53 AM   #10
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailym340i View Post
Based on definition alone, Audi Infiniti Lexus and the like are indeed classified as “luxury” autos. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even snotty folks on forums.
In my book there are three variants: performance; luxury; and performance and luxury. The latter is usually found in very large vehicles but much harder to find in smaller vehicles (my preference).

IMO, Infiniti, Lexus and Acura tend to run in the luxury category while Audi I think actually belongs in both.

If your car was decontented (I know, a made up word but give the dictionary folks a couple of years to catch up) from spec you should have been notified of that. Your car is supposed to the Maroney.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 12:23 PM   #11
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
for a BMW, luxury starts at the 5 series nowadays
Appreciate 0