BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Do piggyback tunes get flagged like flash tunes?

10-23-2020, 07:33 AM   #23
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDriverX View Post
I agree you should be ready to pay up if you tune and something happens but what you outlined means they can deny warranty for flooring your car. There's a reason why i drive a BMW and not a Nissan. IMO BMW is out to help their customers because they want them back, Nissan knows that after you get into a GTR you run away to BMW or Porsche so they want to squeeze every penny they can out of their customers before they run away, it's not like you're going to go from a GTR to a Maxima, they only have one real performance model. Unless you are completely obvious with how you have modified your car, like heavy engine mods and your engine blows sure you're going to pay but even then BMW NA will help you with costs and cover some, Nissan will feed you a dick sandwich. I have been with BMW since 2007 with the 335 when it came out and i have been part of the community since then and i can tell you from many experiences that BMW works a lot better with their customers than a lot of other car brands.
I agree with most of that. I disagree on your statement of voiding cause you floor the car. THAT WOULD NEVER HOLD UP. I was just pointing out the amount of info stored now a days. I've had many M cars also and you are right about them being a bit better than NISSAN. Not sure though you spin your hub at 650 ft/lbs and NUKE the engine,they are going to be like hey, we will help you with the bill. One thing I can say, I have beat my GTR to hell. I have not had a single problem with it. NONE. No annoying lights, or electrical bullshit.
Appreciate 1