BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Carbahn Autoworks Tune

07-09-2020, 07:42 PM   #45
mm5300
Private
Rep
Drives: M5C

Has anyone in the Atlanta area used the Carbahn tune? I know there's a shop in Atlanta area (Autohaus Social) that is an authorized Carbahn dealer. I was thinking about getting this for my '19 Comp.

This seems like the best option for power and with a warranty, unless someone knows of a better option that would include a warranty. And I know people don't believe the warranty stuff, but I'd certainly rather have something that says a warranty and have a lawyer fight that then to not and have to prove that I didn't use any piggyback options. If you have a warranty with BMW and with the tune company, under normal use, one of them has to cover it. I only have 10K miles so I prefer a warranty option.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 10:47 PM   #46
Next Phase
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Phase View Post
I just contacted my dealership (and Carbahn directly) and they are an authorized installer (Durham, NC dealer). My dealership was an authorized Dinan installer by the way.

Just wanted to pass on the information as I was patiently waiting for this to become available.

774 flywheel HP & 726 LB/FT flywheel torque for $3169.99 + tax is what I was quoted.
I was getting a tune scheduled earlier this year and then Covid hit, so decided to punt for the time being. Fast forward to this week, took the car into the dealer for service and brakes - long story short, Carbahn tune is getting done.

I will report back once I get it back.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 01:38 AM   #47
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp First Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I just contacted my dealership (and Carbahn directly) and they are an authorized installer (Durham, NC dealer). My dealership was an authorized Dinan installer by the way.

Just wanted to pass on the information as I was patiently waiting for this to become available.

774 flywheel HP & 726 LB/FT flywheel torque for $3169.99 + tax is what I was quoted.
I was getting a tune scheduled earlier this year and then Covid hit, so decided to punt for the time being. Fast forward to this week, took the car into the dealer for service and brakes - long story short, Carbahn tune is getting done.

Please do n good luck.
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 05:22 PM   #48
TrecNY
Private
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp; X7

Quote:

Congrats! Exciting stuff.

I take delivery of my M5 in December and thinking about going with Carbahn tune after the break in period. Looking forward to hear what you have to say about it.
      10-26-2020, 06:37 PM   #49
Next Phase
Private
Rep

Just picked up the car tonight and didn't have too much room to mess around on the way home. It feels good. More initial grunt and speeds were climbing faster at 100-120. Did not get a chance to go more than 120 due to traffic.

I did get behind a new Panamera Turbo on the back roads after exiting the highway and was all in his bumper on a few zero to 100 mph runs.

I can say that in sport plus mode - the differences are more pronounced and I could feel for the first time the front tires pulling the car forward (in turns it almost had some torque steer).

I typically drive in sports mode for all settings. My M2 button is sport plus everything with D3. My settings were off from the dealer so I did not get a chance to play with that setting on the way home.

Will update the post with more as I get more seat time. So far, feels very close to stock with some noticeable power.
Appreciate 1
TrecNY141.00
      10-30-2020, 07:51 PM   #50
Next Phase
Private
Rep

Confirmed top speed limiter was removed. 173 mph on the way to work yesterday. It seems to break traction when boost hits on the highway in Sport+. Probably the result of the Potenza's - they are new. (Trashed the MP's on track in Feb - just one weekend).

I typically drive in Sport mode - for daily driving. Tune is hardly noticeable except you get more throttle than you normally do. Noticeable MPG drop, but that's expected. More throttle - she eats...

I assume the power increase at the crank is advertised based on wheel horsepower - down side to that is they dyNo 600 at the wheels stock. From my research - 40 to 60 whp increase. At this power level - law of diminishing returns.

I didn't dyno before the tune but I am hoping to dyno it in rwd mode soon. If you are looking for a leap forward in power - you'll need to look further and void the warranty. It does make the car fun and it will give me some enjoyment learning the limits. My brother says 30 to 60 days I really want to take it to VIR next month and see if I can get to 170 on the back straight. (I have hit the Top speed limiter on the back straight )

Happy motoring!

Last edited by Next Phase; 10-30-2020 at 08:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 05:08 PM   #51
flanast
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Confirmed top speed limiter was removed. 173 mph on the way to work yesterday. It seems to break traction when boost hits on the highway in Sport+. Probably the result of the Potenza's - they are new. (Trashed the MP's on track in Feb - just one weekend).

I typically drive in Sport mode - for daily driving. Tune is hardly noticeable except you get more throttle than you normally do. Noticeable MPG drop, but that's expected. More throttle - she eats...

I assume the power increase at the crank is advertised based on wheel horsepower - down side to that is they dyNo 600 at the wheels stock. From my research - 40 to 60 whp increase. At this power level - law of diminishing returns.

I didn't dyno before the tune but I am hoping to dyno it in rwd mode soon. If you are looking for a leap forward in power - you'll need to look further and void the warranty. It does make the car fun and it will give me some enjoyment learning the limits. My brother says 30 to 60 days I really want to take it to VIR next month and see if I can get to 170 on the back straight. (I have hit the Top speed limiter on the back straight )

Happy motoring!
Sounds disappointing for what they charge and the terrible customer service they have.
Appreciate 0