BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    Side Skirts and Vinyl Decals

11-03-2018, 01:20 AM   #1
mrjayo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Side Skirts and Vinyl Decals

Has anyone removed the vinyl decal and has the m performance side skirts. If so did you have to take the side skirts off to fully remove the vinyl or is it not wrapped under the side skirts. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 05:44 AM   #2
GUNGASLOW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Good question!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 07:25 AM   #3
BlueBMWM5CP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition Marina Bay

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjayo View Post
Has anyone removed the vinyl decal and has the m performance side skirts. If so did you have to take the side skirts off to fully remove the vinyl or is it not wrapped under the side skirts. Thanks in advance.
Not sure if its wrapped under but the decal is a separate line item and charge. I did not know if I was getting it or not until the car showed up at the dealer. I did not want the decal they said they could remove it easy if need be. But it showed up with out it likeI thought but the wording on the option is not clear.
My guess is it does not wrap under.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 07:34 AM   #4
BlueBMWM5CP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBMWM5CP View Post
Quote:
Not sure if its wrapped under but the decal is a separate line item and charge. I did not know if I was getting it or not until the car showed up at the dealer. I did not want the decal they said they could remove it easy if need be. But it showed up with out it likeI thought but the wording on the option is not clear.
Maybe they do wrap under I just counted 18 screws on each side holding up the carbon side skirts
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 09:16 AM   #5
mrjayo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe they do wrap under I just counted 18 screws on each side holding up the carbon side skirts
The side skirts are most likely installed at the port so they probably apply the vinyl sticker before installing the side skirts but before I take the side skirts off I was wondering if I can just peel off the vinyl sticker.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 09:38 AM   #6
BlueBMWM5CP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The side skirts are most likely installed at the port so they probably apply the vinyl sticker before installing the side skirts but before I take the side skirts off I was wondering if I can just peel off the vinyl sticker.
They are installed at the port for sure can you send a pic of your with the decals love to see how it looks with the decals and skirts.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 09:42 AM   #7
mrjayo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They are installed at the port for sure can you send a pic of your with the decals love to see how it looks with the decals and skirts.
I will snap some pics later today and post them
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 06:00 PM   #8
mrjayo
Private First Class
Rep

Here are a couple pics I snapped real quick
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
norbtx337.00
      10-19-2020, 12:42 PM   #9
huntm2000
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5

M5 Side skirt decals

Can you install BMW M Performance Logo Side Skirt Adhesives without buying the carbon fiber side skirts? I have white M5, these side logos in black would really pop on my car
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 03:27 PM   #10
Duff Ace
Adam
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Lusso, GT3, 360, Vaquish, bike

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntm2000 View Post
Can you install BMW M Performance Logo Side Skirt Adhesives without buying the carbon fiber side skirts? I have white M5, these side logos in black would really pop on my car
Yes. Plenty of options on eBay and Amazon
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 06:14 PM   #11
ski1972
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 finally

After installing vinyl and oem side skirt notice they overlap less than 1/2 inch .You can easily pull them off without removing skirts, in my case i used additional molding tape , that might create a little hassle. My advise take your time .
Appreciate 0