BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    BMS Angle Cut F90 BMW M5 Billet Exhaust Tips

06-14-2020, 06:00 AM   #23
JRod1980
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
Mine are coming Monday. According to a post above, you have to screw them in? Are the oem screwed in? Didn't seem that way in the video.
Correct. They come with two small hex screws that you'll need screw in after you've inserted the tips in. Make sure the tips are all the way in (lightly tap the end of the tips with the mallet once you have them all the way in) and then add the two small screws. I wouldn't torque them in too hard so not to damage the actual tip of the exhaust, but screw them in firm enough so they're securely tighten.
Appreciate 1
MDJAK82.00
      06-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #24
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

deleted. dumb question.

Last edited by MDJAK; 06-15-2020 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 02:17 PM   #25
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

deleted. Got them installed. Pics to follow.

Last edited by MDJAK; 06-15-2020 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
JRod1980391.50
      07-26-2020, 04:56 PM   #26
Clarkey
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i M Sport Touring

Black chrome - I ordered chrome as I wanted slash cut, now I'm having them painted in high gloss black with temperature proof paint.
Also, I'm cutting the existing pipes on the car as they stop the trims being pushed in far enough and I'm also making the notch that is already cut in the trim longer so you can slide it further on. I should be done on Wednesday so photos to follow!!
Appreciate 1
JRod1980391.50
      07-27-2020, 03:15 PM   #27
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post
Black chrome - I ordered chrome as I wanted slash cut, now I'm having them painted in high gloss black with temperature proof paint.
Also, I'm cutting the existing pipes on the car as they stop the trims being pushed in far enough and I'm also making the notch that is already cut in the trim longer so you can slide it further on. I should be done on Wednesday so photos to follow!!
As you wanted "slash cut" what does that mean. And I didn't see an option for black other than matte.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 03:17 PM   #28
Clarkey
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
As you wanted "slash cut" what does that mean. And I didn't see an option for black other than matte.
Quote:
Quote:
The black ones from BMS are angle cut rolled and matte black. I'm taking the slash angle cut chrome ones and painting them black gloss. Should look ace.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 06:30 AM   #29
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The black ones from BMS are angle cut rolled and matte black. I'm taking the slash angle cut chrome ones and painting them black gloss. Should look ace.
Cool. Still don't know the difference. They're website only has angle cut for both the black and chrime
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #30
Clarkey
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Cool. Still don't know the difference. They're website only has angle cut for both the black and chrime
Yeah, angle cut/ slash cut is the same. The chrome ones are not rolled and the black ones are rolled and matte.
Here are mine (originally chrome) now high gloss black and adjusted to better fit the rear end.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
jko200136.00
JRod1980391.50
      08-04-2020, 03:49 PM   #31
jko2001
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Comp

Quote:
Yeah, angle cut/ slash cut is the same. The chrome ones are not rolled and the black ones are rolled and matte.
Here are mine (originally chrome) now high gloss black and adjusted to better fit the rear end.
Very nice - hopefully the paint holds up. I think this is the way to go for replacing the tips.
Appreciate 0