BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Questions: Selling car out of state.

02-03-2017, 05:18 PM   #1
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Questions: Selling car out of state.

I am selling my car from California to a buyer in AZ. I have a payoff quote from BMW that is good till the 13th of Feb. I have financed my car and my next payment is on the last day of February.

I have the following questions:
1, Will the payoff quote become lesser if I request it again towards the end of the month (Like February 25th).
2, If I made the payment right away, will BMW financial services return me some of the money later (End of February).

Also how do you transfer a title from CA to a buyer in AZ if you have financed your car.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 05:42 PM   #2
Tralfaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Long Beach Blue M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
I am selling my car from California to a buyer in AZ. I have a payoff quote from BMW that is good till the 13th of Feb. I have financed my car and my next payment is on the last day of February.

I have the following questions:
1, Will the payoff quote become lesser if I request it again towards the end of the month (Like February 25th).
2, If I made the payment right away, will BMW financial services return me some of the money later (End of February).

Also how do you transfer a title from CA to a buyer in AZ if you have financed your car.
They should give you an exact date on which the payoff would need to be made. After that date I would expect the payoff amount to go up (due to interest). So if you request the quote again for the 25th it will likely be a little higher since you will owe the interest that accrued from the 13th to the 25th.

When I bought a motorcycle from a guy with a loan I basically met him at a bank, paid off his loan and wrote him a check for the amount above his payoff he was asking for. Then I believe the lender was informed that the title should be mailed to and transferred to me. At that point the rest was in my hands. I had to go to the vehicle registration office, pay the sales tax, and fill out the registration paperwork.
Appreciate 0