F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Test drive a Tesla….
ARMA SPEED

05-05-2024, 01:21 AM   #2003
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Life is short and I don't want to be associated with Tesla anymore.

gangzoom has taken up the bottle?
      05-07-2024, 04:10 AM   #2004
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Odd you say that, Tesla’s trajectory appears to be along the lines that it always has been.

I can see why you wouldn’t want another, when all their cars are pretty much the same there’s nothing compelling to say buy another. We all like something new when we buy.

I like the Macan too, just a bit small as a family car with two kids. The same went for the Cayenne when I tested one, but would revisit now that pushchairs are no longer part of the equation.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
JustChris17550.50
      05-10-2024, 11:17 PM   #2005
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Life is short and I don't want to be associated with Tesla anymore.

gangzoom has taken up the bottle?
Musk now appears to have understood leadership roles comes with some responsibility and now looks like his trying to do the right thing, and back track on the madness last week.

Leaders are paper weights if they don't have consent of the organisation/people (or have an army supporting them). Doing the right thing for Tesla/EV community by continuing to expand the SC network is what he should be supporting at the CEO of Tesla. It looks like he now recognises just how bad a decision he made about a week ago.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...ion-1033364870
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 10:45 AM   #2006
Wolverine
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F36 420D GC M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
I like the Macan too, just a bit small as a family car with two kids. The same went for the Cayenne when I tested one, but would revisit now that pushchairs are no longer part of the equation.
I’m currently equipped with 3 child seats in the back of a Macan. It’s surprisingly good for the twin 2 year olds and our 5 year old.

It was the one criteria I had to enable purchase, fitting 3 seats across the rear bench
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 11:23 AM   #2007
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
I’m currently equipped with 3 child seats in the back of a Macan. It’s surprisingly good for the twin 2 year olds and our 5 year old.

It was the one criteria I had to enable purchase, fitting 3 seats across the rear bench
That’s impressive, I don’t think even the Disco would have done three across, but I guess specific seats may vary.

It was more the boot space for me, and in fairness both the immediate family (us four) and the wider family tend to travel heavy

Appreciate 1
Wolverine492.00
      05-12-2024, 11:25 AM   #2008
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post
Musk now appears to have understood leadership roles comes with some responsibility and now looks like his trying to do the right thing, and back track on the madness last week.

Leaders are paper weights if they don't have consent of the organisation/people (or have an army supporting them). Doing the right thing for Tesla/EV community by continuing to expand the SC network is what he should be supporting at the CEO of Tesla. It looks like he now recognises just how bad a decision he made about a week ago.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...ion-1033364870
I doubt that Musk’s modus operandi had changed in a week. But a corporation’s CEO has very rarely factored in a buying decision for me. It’s been a very Tesla fan boi thing to talk about Musk for the last decade as some kind of demo-god.

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 05:38 PM   #2009
Bryans69
Major
Rep
Drives: TTT, MGB (in bits), VW Camper

Garage List
Quote:

I'm guessing they aren't standard iso fix seats, as I've never come across a car that could fit 3 of them on a rear back seat. We had two in the 540, and the space between was tiny
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 01:13 AM   #2010
Wolverine
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryans69 View Post
I'm guessing they aren't standard iso fix seats, as I've never come across a car that could fit 3 of them on a rear back seat. We had two in the 540, and the space between was tiny
You’d be right. They’re specifically slimmer belt attached seats. Not ideal for long family days out perhaps, but that’s what we use the XC90 for. The Macan is a second car and only occasionally needs to handle a full complement of kids on the school run or similar local pootling.

The seats I chose meet the latest standard and are specifically slimmer than ones I’ve had before.

We’d get away with isofix seats if our eldest sat in the middle seat as it is more useable than when we did it in the 4 GC. However the isofix seats I bought for my car somehow ended up in the XC90…
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 03:58 AM   #2011
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
You’d be right. They’re specifically slimmer belt attached seats. Not ideal for long family days out perhaps, but that’s what we use the XC90 for. The Macan is a second car and only occasionally needs to handle a full complement of kids on the school run or similar local pootling.

The seats I chose meet the latest standard and are specifically slimmer than ones I’ve had before.

We’d get away with isofix seats if our eldest sat in the middle seat as it is more useable than when we did it in the 4 GC. However the isofix seats I bought for my car somehow ended up in the XC90…
Ah, my comparison was based on full Isofix seats. The disco you could seat an adult between two isofix seats in the second row. Having isofix in the third row (never used) and front passenger seat (often used) was a bonus in that car.

Appreciate 1
Wolverine492.00
      05-13-2024, 04:19 AM   #2012
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
I doubt that Musk’s modus operandi had changed in a week. But a corporation’s CEO has very rarely factored in a buying decision for me. It’s been a very Tesla fan boi thing to talk about Musk for the last decade as some kind of demo-god.

And let's remember the supercharger team remain fired, it is interesting though to compare and contrast the pedestal the original tesla fanboys and girls put him on and the reality of their demi God now.

I don't think Musk has changed as a person it's more that people often just choose to see what they want.
      05-13-2024, 04:40 AM   #2013
Wolverine
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ah, my comparison was based on full Isofix seats. The disco you could seat an adult between two isofix seats in the second row. Having isofix in the third row (never used) and front passenger seat (often used) was a bonus in that car.
First choice was a Land Rover product, but in the end the current issues with insurance derailed that plan. Which is a shame.

Not that I’m sad with the overall outcome, but it did mean planning to have two 7 seaters became keeping one and going for a larger 5 seater as the second car. Means ultimately we have no redundancy if the XC90 topples over but at least we can fit the driver plus all the kids in the Macan, which we couldn’t in the F36.

I’d likely have gone EV if there was a place to charge at work, but with a 200 mile commute (albeit once a week or so), it didn’t seem the right time for me to go full EV, which is a shame given some of the things available at circa £25k…
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2024, 07:41 AM   #2014
Bryans69
Major
Rep
Drives: TTT, MGB (in bits), VW Camper

Garage List
Quote:

OK. There was a company selling 3 car seats fixed to a rail that had ISO connectors on, but looked 'snug'. I think pretty much everyone I know with 3 (or more) kids ended up with something like an S Max or VW Touran
Appreciate 1
Wolverine492.00