BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    M5 Production Status Regresses

05-16-2022, 12:39 PM   #89
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
@MilwaukeeM5 finally moved. Where are you at? Also I wonder when we will see our actual color reflected here
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
dweston40.50
KB30052.00
      05-16-2022, 03:17 PM   #90
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 Nissan Maxima 40th Anniv.

I'm dispatched from factory as of today! Does this mean the genius will have the vessel information for me now and I can track it on one of those vessel tracker sites?
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      05-16-2022, 05:21 PM   #91
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweston View Post
I'm dispatched from factory as of today! Does this mean the genius will have the vessel information for me now and I can track it on one of those vessel tracker sites?
Congratulations! So happy for you!

Generally, if it was just dispatched from the factory, vessel information is likely not yet available.
      05-16-2022, 05:25 PM   #92
TFBravo
Some Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 GX460, 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Next will be "at the port" and then once it says "In Transit" its on a ship, that status won't change till its at the dealer. Once its on a ship your dealer can tell you the date when it lands in US port and if its scheduled for any delays for chips or port installations at the VPC before getting ground transport to the dealer.

You'll just drive yourself crazy, tracking the ships route won't make the ship go any faster. Better to find out the date when the ship lands at US port and check up then to see if the ship made it and not check again until the dealer tells you the car is about to arrive.

For reference mine was west coast port, took around 30-35 days of ship transit. If the ship did make it in on time on the 8th of May, I'm still waiting for the car to arrive on the lot. So if it does arrive as promised by Wednesday that's 10 days from ship arrival. That's linehaul from California to Colorado. Your time might vary, but honestly just put your head in the sand for another 6-8 weeks and check up then if you haven't heard anything. Best case scenario it'll get on a ship within two weeks, 20 days or so to east coast and a week-10 days to the dealer, that's 40-45 days still my friend.
Appreciate 2
zb26031055.50
dweston40.50
      05-17-2022, 06:56 AM   #93
MilwaukeeM5
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M, 2022 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zb2603 View Post
@MilwaukeeM5 finally moved. Where are you at? Also I wonder when we will see our actual color reflected here
Just checked when I woke up this morning and it was at assembly in progress. Checked again and it’s in quality check now. Moving fast, but trying to keep my optimism in check until it’s on a boat lol. I’ve seen the posts about people waiting months at that step, so we will see.

I’d expect yours to move quite a few steps the next day or two.
Appreciate 1
dweston40.50
      05-17-2022, 12:01 PM   #94
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilwaukeeM5 View Post
Quote:
Just checked when I woke up this morning and it was at assembly in progress. Checked again and it’s in quality check now. Moving fast, but trying to keep my optimism in check until it’s on a boat lol. I’ve seen the posts about people waiting months at that step, so we will see.

I’d expect yours to move quite a few steps the next day or two.
Lol I feel you, we shall see. I am also trying not to get too excited about it until I'm on a boat. Says Exterior Body Assembly now, scheduled to finish tomorrow which it looks like it will on schedule. I wish they could send us "class pictures" of all malachites together from week 20

I am trying to login onto the mygarage now but it keeps saying my credentials are wrong (which is not possible since its autofilled) and when I request a new password link it says an error occurred. Maybe they banned me from the website for checking it excessively lmao.
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      05-17-2022, 12:18 PM   #95
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just checked when I woke up this morning and it was at assembly in progress. Checked again and it's in quality check now. Moving fast, but trying to keep my optimism in check until it's on a boat lol. I've seen the posts about people waiting months at that step, so we will see.

I'd expect yours to move quite a few steps the next day or two.
Lol I feel you, we shall see. I am also trying not to get too excited about it until I'm on a boat. Says Exterior Body Assembly now, scheduled to finish tomorrow which it looks like it will on schedule. I wish they could send us "class pictures" of all malachites together from week 20

I am trying to login onto the mygarage now but it keeps saying my credentials are wrong (which is not possible since its autofilled) and when I request a new password link it says an error occurred. Maybe they banned me from the website for checking it excessively lmao.
LOL, I was told earlier when I spoke to the Genius that the site was down!
dweston40.50
      05-17-2022, 12:19 PM   #96
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
M5 Production Status Regresses

Quote:
Quote:
Just checked when I woke up this morning and it was at assembly in progress. Checked again and it's in quality check now. Moving fast, but trying to keep my optimism in check until it's on a boat lol. I've seen the posts about people waiting months at that step, so we will see.

I'd expect yours to move quite a few steps the next day or two.
Such good news! Congratulations!
      05-17-2022, 01:40 PM   #97
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post

Generally, if it was just dispatched from the factory, vessel information is likely not yet available.
Thank you!! so excited!! I may follow someone's advice and not even get that vessel information lol these trackers really do drive me insane
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      05-17-2022, 01:41 PM   #98
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post

Thank you!! so excited!! I may follow someone's advice and not even get that vessel information lol these trackers really do drive me insane
A blessing and a curse brother.
dweston40.50
      05-17-2022, 01:43 PM   #99
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFBravo View Post
Next will be "at the port" and then once it says "In Transit" its on a ship, that status won't change till its at the dealer. Once its on a ship your dealer can tell you the date when it lands in US port and if its scheduled for any delays for chips or port installations at the VPC before getting ground transport to the dealer.

You'll just drive yourself crazy, tracking the ships route won't make the ship go any faster. Better to find out the date when the ship lands at US port and check up then to see if the ship made it and not check again until the dealer tells you the car is about to arrive.

For reference mine was west coast port, took around 30-35 days of ship transit. If the ship did make it in on time on the 8th of May, I'm still waiting for the car to arrive on the lot. So if it does arrive as promised by Wednesday that's 10 days from ship arrival. That's linehaul from California to Colorado. Your time might vary, but honestly just put your head in the sand for another 6-8 weeks and check up then if you haven't heard anything. Best case scenario it'll get on a ship within two weeks, 20 days or so to east coast and a week-10 days to the dealer, that's 40-45 days still my friend.
I definitely need that kind of will power!! Hope you're getting yours soon and congratulations on being so close! I'll follow this advice and maybe just look up after a couple of weeks and see where I'm at. I'm pretty sure I've gotten some grays worrying about this car lol
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      05-17-2022, 01:45 PM   #100
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

That was happening to me too! I thought the same thing that I was banned lol they really should have some kind of ad revenue on that page because I know it has to be up there in the top 10 most visited sites lol
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      05-17-2022, 06:06 PM   #101
TFBravo
Some Guy
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I definitely need that kind of will power!! Hope you're getting yours soon and congratulations on being so close! I'll follow this advice and maybe just look up after a couple of weeks and see where I'm at. I'm pretty sure I've gotten some grays worrying about this car lol
When I had the status of "production begins" I would check only once a week on Fridays, that was in February, during the wiring harness delay I stopped, I gave it two week after the delay was lifted, checked that Friday and to my surprise the status was already "at the port", following Friday it was "in transit". I called my salesman, he told me May 8th date which was a month away, and I stopped contact until the salesman let me know the ground transport is arriving, about 5 weeks. Today the status changed to second to last "at the dealership", so I assume the car is physically at the dealer and being prepared for customer delivery, haven't heard from my salesman. I'm still holding out patience, my insurance coverage doesn't start till Thursday so even if tomorrow I get the call the car is ready, I will wait till Thursday.

It wasn't that hard waiting, I guess I'm lucky that once my production started, there was no delays. But I made it a point not to contact my dealer, there is just no point, except once to find out when the ship lands, meaning the car is on US soil. Dealer won't be able to speed up the process and you always get the "It should" answer. May 8th ship date was the only guaranteed date or solid peace of information I got in this whole six months process. My salesman wasn't even tracking the wiring harness delay.

For those that are in a production queue, just be happy that you have a vin number meaning sooner or later you car will be build. Then if its actually physically build that's another victory meaning you car exists and no longer just a vin floating in cyberspace. And getting a ship is a final victory meaning it left European soil and has very high statistic it will land on US soil without catching fire, all the wait time or delays in between are no matter. Remember some people will be waiting till 2023, its a 12 month wait right now at some dealers if not all or desperately hoping their dealer will get an allocation these last 2.5 months that's left for 2022 models, assuming July is the last build month.
Appreciate 2
dweston40.50
zb26031055.50
      05-17-2022, 09:15 PM   #102
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
When I had the status of "production begins" I would check only once a week on Fridays, that was in February, during the wiring harness delay I stopped, I gave it two week after the delay was lifted, checked that Friday and to my surprise the status was already "at the port", following Friday it was "in transit". I called my salesman, he told me May 8th date which was a month away, and I stopped contact until the salesman let me know the ground transport is arriving, about 5 weeks. Today the status changed to second to last "at the dealership", so I assume the car is physically at the dealer and being prepared for customer delivery, haven't heard from my salesman. I'm still holding out patience, my insurance coverage doesn't start till Thursday so even if tomorrow I get the call the car is ready, I will wait till Thursday.

It wasn't that hard waiting, I guess I'm lucky that once my production started, there was no delays. But I made it a point not to contact my dealer, there is just no point, except once to find out when the ship lands, meaning the car is on US soil. Dealer won't be able to speed up the process and you always get the "It should" answer. May 8th ship date was the only guaranteed date or solid peace of information I got in this whole six months process. My salesman wasn't even tracking the wiring harness delay.

For those that are in a production queue, just be happy that you have a vin number meaning sooner or later you car will be build. Then if its actually physically build that's another victory meaning you car exists and no longer just a vin floating in cyberspace. And getting a ship is a final victory meaning it left European soil and has very high statistic it will land on US soil without catching fire, all the wait time or delays in between are no matter. Remember some people will be waiting till 2023, its a 12 month wait right now at some dealers if not all or desperately hoping their dealer will get an allocation these last 2.5 months that's left for 2022 models, assuming July is the last build month.
ohhhh yeah that "it should" answer is the absolute worst lol You're a very positive guy, so am I! I'm just glad I was able to find an open allocation after calling around. My local NC dealer had me on a wait list that was a year long, but after finding this forum I picked up some tips and tricks and placed my order April 1st and hopefully the thing will be here before the end of the year. I'm so happy and excited. My first BMW!! I was on the way to purchase my first HellCat Challenger when I discovered the beautiful M5!!!
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      05-19-2022, 08:18 PM   #103
alpinef10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 550xi M sport

Individual

I was told that BMW no longer offers Individual colors on the M5, would like to confirm if it's true.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 10:08 PM   #104
CGM
Private
Rep
Drives: tbd

My individual color was in the paint booth today.
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      05-19-2022, 11:18 PM   #105
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM View Post
My individual color was in the paint booth today.
Maybe he meant moving forward if one was to place an order today. Congratulations!
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      05-20-2022, 08:57 AM   #106
MilwaukeeM5
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M, 2022 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinef10 View Post
I was told that BMW no longer offers Individual colors on the M5, would like to confirm if it's true.
Agreed with zb2603 ’s comment that this is probably tied to moving forward. I’d guess model year changeover and limited production slots remaining, so they can’t group enough custom colors to run the paint booth.

zb2603 i still can’t send direct messages, or I’d have sent this to you there. What’s your production status? Im still in Quality Check for the last 3 days. Wondering if it’s everyone or just me…
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      05-20-2022, 10:43 AM   #107
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinef10 View Post
Agreed with zb2603 's comment that this is probably tied to moving forward. I'd guess model year changeover and limited production slots remaining, so they can't group enough custom colors to run the paint booth.

zb2603 i still can't send direct messages, or I'd have sent this to you there. What's your production status? Im still in Quality Check for the last 3 days. Wondering if it's everyone or just me…
*** EDIT: It said your settings were set to not receive any private messages so I have copy pasted it to here***

Good morning, saw your message on the tread so wanted to reach out from here. I was at Paint Booth on 5/16 then when I checked midnight of 5/16 with (US Time and early morning of 5/17 there) I was at Entering Assembly Line. I went to sleep woke up, morning of 5/17 for us it was at QC. Then I logged in again morning of 5/18 (our time) and it had went from QC to Awaiting Carrier Assignment.

To me the tracker doesn't make sense as it jumped so many steps. I checked other peoples experiences, there are people like Dweston where it flies and then there are other people whose seem like slow but in reality the system is lagging.

I'm pretty sure your cars production is done as yours started 1 day earlier than mine so I'm assuming your production date is 5/17? The system also sometimes updates at weird hours. I got my 150 status update on a Saturday night so I'm pretty sure yours will go from QC directly to ACA or Dispatched from the Factory either later today or tomorrow.

Feel free to ask anything, hope this helps a little bit to out your mind at ease
Appreciate 2
dweston40.50
KB30052.00
      05-20-2022, 12:11 PM   #108
aj_g80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 720s

Quote:
*** EDIT: It said your settings were set to not receive any private messages so I have copy pasted it to here***

Good morning, saw your message on the tread so wanted to reach out from here. I was at Paint Booth on 5/16 then when I checked midnight of 5/16 with (US Time and early morning of 5/17 there) I was at Entering Assembly Line. I went to sleep woke up, morning of 5/17 for us it was at QC. Then I logged in again morning of 5/18 (our time) and it had went from QC to Awaiting Carrier Assignment.

To me the tracker doesn't make sense as it jumped so many steps. I checked other peoples experiences, there are people like Dweston where it flies and then there are other people whose seem like slow but in reality the system is lagging.

I'm pretty sure your cars production is done as yours started 1 day earlier than mine so I'm assuming your production date is 5/17? The system also sometimes updates at weird hours. I got my 150 status update on a Saturday night so I'm pretty sure yours will go from QC directly to ACA or Dispatched from the Factory either later today or tomorrow.

Feel free to ask anything, hope this helps a little bit to out your mind at ease

online tracker is always behind. Whatever you see online, the car is already done with that step....
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      05-22-2022, 01:49 PM   #109
TFBravo
Some Guy
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
ohhhh yeah that "it should" answer is the absolute worst lol You're a very positive guy, so am I! I'm just glad I was able to find an open allocation after calling around. My local NC dealer had me on a wait list that was a year long, but after finding this forum I picked up some tips and tricks and placed my order April 1st and hopefully the thing will be here before the end of the year. I'm so happy and excited. My first BMW!! I was on the way to purchase my first HellCat Challenger when I discovered the beautiful M5!!!
I think you will not regret getting the M5 over the Hellcat, I know its a different price range and the Hellcat engine has 2023 as its last year, which is sad seeing the HEMI go away, at least its going away with a Roar.

I pciked up mine on the 18th and man I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it inside, the LCI Competitoin is strikingly beautiful, it made my 2020 E63 look like plain jane. Which is what I thought about E63S looks vs the Pre LCI F90s! Pictures online of the bluestone metalic does not do it justice, I was afraid it looked too silver, but its just the right shade of Grey and the dark accents on the headlight and blacked out grill just makes the car look menacing. I had them take the rear M5 badge off for a "sleeper" look but that front end screams anything but sleeper.

It came in with a M2 and an M4 all with yellow tags saying "SOLD", so they graced the floor of a dealer for a couple days, as their only stock right now are used cars, they only have 2 cars on the lot that are new, thats it, otherwise its an empty floor, they resort to putting 2021 5 series and M5 to have something there. So for those of you that are still waiting, just be patient, it'll be worth it when you walk in on to that floor and see that beautiful machine. For reference I ordered mine December 8th and picked up May 18th, that's west coast port, actual allocation happened mid February. But the dealer said back in December to expect May delivery, so complaints from me, its right on schedule and even slightly below MSRP due to military incentive.
Appreciate 2
zb26031055.50
dweston40.50
      05-22-2022, 07:45 PM   #110
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I think you will not regret getting the M5 over the Hellcat, I know its a different price range and the Hellcat engine has 2023 as its last year, which is sad seeing the HEMI go away, at least its going away with a Roar.

I pciked up mine on the 18th and man I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it inside, the LCI Competitoin is strikingly beautiful, it made my 2020 E63 look like plain jane. Which is what I thought about E63S looks vs the Pre LCI F90s! Pictures online of the bluestone metalic does not do it justice, I was afraid it looked too silver, but its just the right shade of Grey and the dark accents on the headlight and blacked out grill just makes the car look menacing. I had them take the rear M5 badge off for a "sleeper" look but that front end screams anything but sleeper.

It came in with a M2 and an M4 all with yellow tags saying "SOLD", so they graced the floor of a dealer for a couple days, as their only stock right now are used cars, they only have 2 cars on the lot that are new, thats it, otherwise its an empty floor, they resort to putting 2021 5 series and M5 to have something there. So for those of you that are still waiting, just be patient, it'll be worth it when you walk in on to that floor and see that beautiful machine. For reference I ordered mine December 8th and picked up May 18th, that's west coast port, actual allocation happened mid February. But the dealer said back in December to expect May delivery, so complaints from me, its right on schedule and even slightly below MSRP due to military incentive.
I'm definitely excited...I've had a charger sxt plus, challenger sxt plus, challenger scat pack, but no smile was brighter on my face then those few minutes I test drove an m5 lol I was thinking about removing some of the badging too because whenever I mention m5 to any of my local custom shops they immediately go crazyyyyy lol I feel like this car is going to draw a bunch of attention especially with the blue I chose (I'm typically a marron or grey kinda guy)

Oh by the way: mine is at port now!!!

Last edited by dweston; 05-22-2022 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: forgot to add my vehicle status at the end
Appreciate 2
zb26031055.50