BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    Front license plate adapter for M5

07-26-2022, 10:50 AM   #23
rabbutler
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition 2019

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [0.00]
Here in the UK it's a legal requirement to have plates front & back,and if you don't have either you will get stopped and fined, no excuses.
They also have to conform to a specific size and colour.
I got stopped because my front plate had the wrong size font, the police proceeded to remove the plate then issue me with a fine. I had to get a new plate made, then take the car to an MOT centre to get them to reissue a cert to state the front plate was now legal.
So was fined, had to pay for new plate, pay for the MOT cert and then go back to the police with the cert to show I had it changed.
Not worth the hassle.
I currently use double sided padded strips, no need to drill the bumper, they are really strong.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 09:30 AM   #24
ChuggerChug
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkishM5C View Post
Does the STO N SHO Front License Plate Bracket for M5C 2019-2020 fit on an LCI with adaptive cruise control?
Did you get an answer to this, I am looking to pick up the same for a 22 w/o adaptive cruise control and can’t seem to get answers from the seller. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 10:56 AM   #25
DarkishM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 Dark Graphite M5C

Garage List
2023 M5C  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuggerChug View Post
Did you get an answer to this, I am looking to pick up the same for a 22 w/o adaptive cruise control and can’t seem to get answers from the seller. Cheers!
I did not get an answer. But I did ordered the 2019 - 2020 M5 bracket which did not fit. The one you want is the 2021 - 2022 BMW M550i bracket https://stonsho.com/front-license-pl...cruise-sns282/
It fits perfect.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 05:26 PM   #26
DryBark
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M5 / X5

Garage List
2023 BMW X5  [0.00]
2018 BMW M5  [10.00]
You can also get an adaptor / bracket that attaches to the tow hook. That's where mine used to be.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 06:28 PM   #27
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuggerChug View Post
Did you get an answer to this, I am looking to pick up the same for a 22 w/o adaptive cruise control and can't seem to get answers from the seller. Cheers!
I did not get an answer. But I did ordered the 2019 - 2020 M5 bracket which did not fit. The one you want is the 2021 - 2022 BMW M550i bracket https://stonsho.com/front-license-pl...cruise-sns282/
It fits perfect.
As much as I love your specific actual plate (but wholeheartedly wish the "D" portion did not apply to you), it kills my soul a little bit to have what I think is the most beautiful modern BMW front end ruined by a license plate. (Obviously, not knocking on you or yours specifically by any means — you're (I assume &#128512 not part of the state legislature that enacted this law. I mean just any front plate at all on an M5).
      11-15-2022, 07:07 AM   #28
DarkishM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 Dark Graphite M5C

Garage List
2023 M5C  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
As much as I love your specific actual plate (but wholeheartedly wish the "D" portion did not apply to you), it kills my soul a little bit to have what I think is the most beautiful modern BMW front end ruined by a license plate. (Obviously, not knocking on you or yours specifically by any means — you're (I assume &#128512 not part of the state legislature that enacted this law. I mean just any front plate at all on an M5).
Unfortunately, the "D" does apply to me. The military can put a toll on the body, but at least I am mobile and still have all my limbs.
I completely agree, I hate having to put a front license plate on this beautiful car. However, I can mount and unmount the plate so fast that I only put it on when I am driving between cities during the day. City cops don't care about the front license plate, but them State Troopers and Hiway Patrol are just looking for any reason to pull you over.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2022, 08:07 AM   #29
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Unfortunately, the "D" does apply to me. The military can put a toll on the body, but at least I am mobile and still have all my limbs.
I completely agree, I hate having to put a front license plate on this beautiful car. However, I can mount and unmount the plate so fast that I only put it on when I am driving between cities during the day. City cops don't care about the front license plate, but them State Troopers and Hiway Patrol are just looking for any reason to pull you over.
So thankful for that! 🙏