Currently have 2019 M5C, already has some nice factory fitted Carbon additions,
front spoiler lips
Rear spoiler
Side skirts.
Rear diffuser.
Looking to add a few more,
kidney grill carbon surround
carbon mirror caps.
Where or who in the UK would you recommend to source these items from, or am I better going direct to BMW for them.
Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 10:57 AM   #2
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbutler View Post
Currently have 2019 M5C, already has some nice factory fitted Carbon additions,
front spoiler lips
Rear spoiler
Side skirts.
Rear diffuser.
Looking to add a few more,
kidney grill carbon surround
carbon mirror caps.
Where or who in the UK would you recommend to source these items from, or am I better going direct to BMW for them.
Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated thank you.
Always go OEM in my opinion, at least for parts that BMW make. I have mostly OEM parts and the only bit I'm not getting OEM is the filler splitter between the two front canards as BMW don't make one. My advice though is don't go OTT on carbon, obviously it's your car so it's up to you but I think just the right amount of carbon is good, if you start putting carbon on everything that can be made carbon, it starts to look a little tacky IMO
Appreciate 1
DGM M5C176.00
      08-01-2022, 11:42 AM   #3
rabbutler
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition 2019

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
Always go OEM in my opinion, at least for parts that BMW make. I have mostly OEM parts and the only bit I'm not getting OEM is the filler splitter between the two front canards as BMW don't make one. My advice though is don't go OTT on carbon, obviously it's your car so it's up to you but I think just the right amount of carbon is good, if you start putting carbon on everything that can be made carbon, it starts to look a little tacky IMO
Yeah completely agrees, can easily go over board, have decided against the mirror caps, and just the kidney grill outers. Will check out the BMW accessories and see what they have here in the UK 👍
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 09:12 AM   #4
DJTonesNY
Rep
Drives: M550i

also worth considering a CF PPF for the parts you want. I had roof, rear diffuser, kidney grills, spoiler and anything that was light gray or chrome wrapped on my M550 and it looks great even 5 years later. Plus it didnt cost me anything additional since I had made a deal to get the whole car done in clear PPF Xpel at the time.
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2022, 09:14 AM   #5
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbutler View Post
Yeah completely agrees, can easily go over board, have decided against the mirror caps, and just the kidney grill outers. Will check out the BMW accessories and see what they have here in the UK 👍
I actually bought the carbon mirror caps, and when I fitted them I realised it was just a little OTT for me, so I had the original black ones painted body coloured, as I preferred that to the black that comes as standard on the competition, and I think it's a good compromise now
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 11:16 PM   #6
rabbutler
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition 2019

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
I actually bought the carbon mirror caps, and when I fitted them I realised it was just a little OTT for me, so I had the original black ones painted body coloured, as I preferred that to the black that comes as standard on the competition, and I think it's a good compromise now
That does sound interesting, do you have any pictures you can share?
Appreciate 0