BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    NEW RELEASE: Dinan BMW F90 M5 Resonator Delete Kit / X-Pipe

04-21-2021, 07:05 PM   #45
TomK
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46

Did anyone notice that the logo Dinan used in their video actually spells MS and not M5?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 05:07 AM   #46
NC M550 VADER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M550i x-drive

Will this fit M550i with Dinan axle back already installed?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 06:59 AM   #47
M2COMP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5, 2013 550xi, M2C

I used to have Dinan on my M2 comp, loved it. Not sure if it was the same or something like this is in works for M2 comp.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 07:40 AM   #48
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC M550 VADER View Post
Will this fit M550i with Dinan axle back already installed?
Would not. The M550i system utilizes a full mid-pipe (https://www.dinancars.com/products/e...arts/D660-0080)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2COMP View Post
I used to have Dinan on my M2 comp, loved it. Not sure if it was the same or something like this is in works for M2 comp.
The M2 Comp has the X/Resonator Delete built into the base "axle-back" kit. I consider that system more of a hybrid and a "half-back" kit personally. Made the most sense with how it was configured stock rather then do 2 seperate pieces.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 07:53 AM   #49
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Just put my order in. Says 5/20 to ship, but any chance will be sooner?

Thanks!

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 08:21 AM   #50
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post

Thanks!
There's a chance. There's a build order in the system which means all the pieces are here to weld at least. Just a matter of where it is in the welding queue. That said there is a logjam on the welding side given the stupid demand for exhausts products this past year and the backorders that have built up given supply chain hurdles (which are finally starting to normalize a little bit again). Working through everything as best we can to try and catch up but demand also has not stopped rising. All I can say is be patient. =/
Appreciate 1
spuntyb4054.50
      04-22-2021, 09:14 AM   #51
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Quote:

Thanks!
There's a chance. There's a build order in the system which means all the pieces are here to weld at least. Just a matter of where it is in the welding queue. That said there is a logjam on the welding side given the stupid demand for exhausts products this past year and the backorders that have built up given supply chain hurdles (which are finally starting to normalize a little bit again). Working through everything as best we can to try and catch up but demand also has not stopped rising. All I can say is be patient. =/
Not a problem. Thanks for the reply!

2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 09:58 AM   #52
njdangelo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5 50i

Quote:
Attachment 2314230

Dinan BMW F90 M5 Resonator Delete Kit

Part Number(s): D660-0081
Applications:
  • 2018-2020 F90 M5
Product Page(s) / Pricing: https://dinan.info/F90-M5-RDK
Release Date: Available Now!

Description: The Dinan Resonator Delete Kit for the F90 M5 introduces a more aggressive tone and an increase in volume over the stock system. Coupled with the associated Dinan exhaust, the sound is further enhanced into a smoother, fuller and more aggressive note that is to be expected of a stately performance sedan.

This piece removes the hydro-formed factory resonated section and replaces it with 80mm T304 stainless steel tubing for freer flowing capabilities. In place of the factory resonator itself, Dinan incorporates a beautifully crafted X-pipe made from mandrel-bent tubing for minimum restriction, unlike stamped X-pipes, which are commonplace in the market. This sophisticated 'X' is not only the focal point of the system in terms of aesthetics but also the star when it comes to the effects on the sound. Promoting even flow to both banks of tips, the 'X' removes unwanted nuances in sound caused by uneven exhaust flow that is often in stock systems.

Features/Benefits:
  • Louder, smoother and fuller sound.
  • Deletes resonator between catalyst and rear muffler for increased volume.
  • Includes X-pipe crossover made from mandrel bent tubing to promote even flow with minimum restriction.
  • 3.15" (80mm) tubing replaces stock hydro-formed piping.
  • 100% 304 Stainless Steel construction with a brushed finish.
  • Easy bolt-on installation with included mounting hardware.

Attachment 2314231
Attachment 2314232
Attachment 2314233
Why are you wasting time and resources on developing new exhaust systems when you can't even get products out to customers who have already paid for exhaust systems OVER 6 MONTHS AGO. Get your act together DINAN, you're embarrassing yourself. Oh and its not just exhaust. Les than 5% of your products are actually available, the other 95% are on rolling back orders. I canceled a CAI and a full exhaust system already. Stop trolling us and fix yourself.
      04-22-2021, 10:06 AM   #53
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdangelo View Post
Why are you wasting time and resources on developing new exhaust systems when you can't even get products out to customers who have already paid for exhaust systems OVER 6 MONTHS AGO. Get your act together DINAN, you're embarrassing yourself. Oh and its not just exhaust. Les than 5% of your products are actually available, the other 95% are on rolling back orders. I canceled a CAI and a full exhaust system already. Stop trolling us and fix yourself.
You do realize this original post is a year old, right?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 10:34 AM   #54
njdangelo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Quote:
Nope lol I do now though. Weird that it was on the main welcome page of the forums
      04-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #55
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Quote:
Nope lol I do now though. Weird that it was on the main welcome page of the forums
Threw me for a loop when I saw it this morning as well. I couldnt figure out why a release from over a year ago was promoted to the front page but I'll take it.

Quote:
As noted a couple posts up -- demand coupled with supply chain shortfalls have caused some nasty backlogs. Primarily this has affected the exhaust and intake product categories the most. Although it is now spreading a bit to the electronics as chips are becoming incredibly scarce for suppliers as well.

Exhausts are simply labor/time intensive and even though raw materials are finally coming back into a more normal delivery schedule the sheer amount of backorders (and continuing demand) means there is a welding bottleneck that is "challenging" to say the least. Working as best we can to alleviate the situation but there is still a lot to be done. Additional machinery due in next month should help but what would help more is more hours in a day so we can add more welding shifts.

Intake hurdle is filters of all things -- our original supplier has had a number of problems over the last year which has caused us to move that elsewhere. Unfortunately that means a lot of new molds and capital which takes time and the new vendor(s) are seeing increased demand as well so bandwidth on that end is stretched as well. Our biggest single culprit there should be rectified within 30-45 days however.

As far as availble products go --- its actually much lower than 95% out of stock. In fact, of our total finish good SKUs its around 24%. A lot higher then we would like for sure but a far cry away from 95%. Given, a fair amount of the most popular exhausts and intakes are in that 24% but still.
Appreciate 2
      04-23-2021, 08:16 PM   #56
ApFiore
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F01 Msport

Hello. Will this fit with supersprint downpipes and if so, will I lose exhaust burble/pops on decel?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 09:32 PM   #57
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApFiore View Post
Hello. Will this fit with supersprint downpipes and if so, will I lose exhaust burble/pops on decel?
Assuming the SS DO is right at the flange the Dinan section and it would retain a section of OEM piping between them so should work. I would encourage you to check out the install instructions on the product page and compare those images and cut points to what you have to verify it would work however. The x-pipe would have no meaningful bearing on burbles.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 07:34 AM   #58
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!
Not a problem. Thanks for the reply!
Jumping in here to say my order just shipped, only 5 days after ordering. Nice work getting production and wait times in line.

Thanks!

2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 03:07 PM   #59
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
@Dinan_Engineering
, ordered one or these in July. Just curious why the ship date keeps getting pushed back and back. Can't get the tubing? Are y'all shipping these from international locations to the US? Was suppose to receive last week after the second delay and just got told End of January now.

Thanks

All my love
Just need the M5 to sound better. Haha
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 09:48 PM   #60
Dreaming
IG: estoril.f90
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C Estoril Blue

anyone have a decent video of the before and after with the X-pipe paired on a stock exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 11:22 AM   #61
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
@Dinan_Engineering
, ordered one or these in July. Just curious why the ship date keeps getting pushed back and back. Can't get the tubing? Are y'all shipping these from international locations to the US? Was suppose to receive last week after the second delay and just got told End of January now.

Thanks

All my love
did you ever get your x pipe post a video on it !

Previous BMW model 2018 bmw 340i FBO custom e50 tune 500 wheel
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 10:17 PM   #62
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97hoh View Post
Quote:
@Dinan_Engineering

Thanks

All my love
did you ever get your x pipe post a video on it !
Nope. Dinan seems to have stopped making them or something. Idk ordered in July and still no word. Who would have thought some simple rolled Stainless would be this hard to get a hold of! Lol
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 11:47 PM   #63
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nope. Dinan seems to have stopped making them or something. Idk ordered in July and still no word. Who would have thought some simple rolled Stainless would be this hard to get a hold of! Lol
thats actually insane so if i ordered mine i wouldnt get mine eithert lmaoo

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 12:11 PM   #64
28m5
India
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Assuming the SS DO is right at the flange the Dinan section and it would retain a section of OEM piping between them so should work. I would encourage you to check out the install instructions on the product page and compare those images and cut points to what you have to verify it would work however. The x-pipe would have no meaningful bearing on burbles.
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone here installed catless Downpipes and x pipe with stock mufflers? Would appreciate a video if possible.
      01-19-2022, 12:55 PM   #65
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28m5 View Post
Anyone here installed catless Downpipes and x pipe with stock mufflers? Would appreciate a video if possible.
wow what a combo I'm assuming if primary and secondaries are out it would be really loud I have a video
upper and lower downpipes and x pipe

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 10:53 AM   #66
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
I'm in the same boat, ordered one in August. The shop I ordered through spoke to Dinan yesterday and apparently the current ship date of April on their website is their best estimate. No color on why this particular part seems to be impossible to source.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0