BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    FSHNGRY's 2021 F90M5 Comp Fashion Grey Build Journal

12-21-2021, 12:47 AM   #1
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
FSHNGRY's 2021 F90M5 Comp Fashion Grey Build Journal

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I've been meaning to piece together the entire build chronologically for some time now. So here it goes...

I'm finally giving a properly formatted 'Build Journal' to my 4 door-ed passion; My Individual F90 M5 Competition LCI.

Shout outs:
IND DISTRIBUTION IND-Distribution Ryan@IND and Cat@IND for the greatest customer service, product inquiry, REAL eta's on inventory, impeccable paint work, and what else, the best and most perfectly taped and packaged boxes to ever arrive.

EUROWERKS
JOHN@EUROWERKS for the only hands to work on all of my cars. What can I say, epic team of guys.

BMW OF FORT LAUDERDALE: Steve Pelkey, Christian, Wes, Gimel and the guys. For the Allocation, customer service, experience during delivery and any time I stop by.

Lastly to m5 guy for the instructions on how to get this going..

The Specs of my Build are as follows....

Chassis:
-2021 F90 M5
Exterior:
- Individual Fashion Grey
Interior:
- Full Tartufo
Trim:
- Piano black
Options:
- Bowers & Wilkins
- Executive
- Competition
- Drivers Assistance Plus
- Carbon Ceramic Brakes
- 20” Y Spoke wheels Style 789
M Performance:
- CF Front Splitter
- CF Mirrors
- CF Side vents
- CF Side blades
- CF M5CS trunk spoiler
- CF Diffuser
- MPE (Titanium Exhaust)

Tires:
- Michelin 285/35/20 & 305/35/20

Spacers:
- Macht Schnell 15mm (front)
- Future Classic 5mm (rear)

Suspension:
- KW H.A.S. kit
- Dinan Rear Tension Link kit
- CarBahn Ball Joint Kit

IND:
- Eventuri Intake System (V.2)
- Eventuri “V” Trunk badge
- Eisenmann Secondary Down Pipe (Lower)
- Gloss black roundels (hood and trunk)
- Floating wheel caps
- Fashion Grey Reflector delete (front)
- Gloss Black Honeycomb inserts (rear)
- Fashion Grey & Gloss Black “M5” trunk Badge
- Fashion Grey plate frame
- Fashion Grey Key chain
- Fashion Grey coolant cap
- Fashion Grey Anniversary Oil cap
- Fashion Grey expansion cap
- M Performance Alcantara key fob
- M Performance floor matts
- Fashion Grey | Gloss Black painted engine cover
- 3D Design key fobs (Black and white)
- 3D Design paddle shifters brushed aluminum, “+/-“ painted in Gloss Black
- Future Classic Titanium 80mm stud replacements

AZA AUTOWHEEL:
- Custom flat bottom steering wheel / Alcantara, leather, piano black

MISC:
- BimmerCode Via OBD Link CX
- Valentine1 Gen. 2 (hardwired)
- 15% tint side all 4 side windows and rear
- 50% windshield

Name:  IMG_0418.JPG
Views: 9524
Size:  759.9 KB
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY

Last edited by FSHNGRY; 04-29-2022 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 18
m5 guy1662.00
astris607.50
cfm56d7b5849.00
AndrewC198910903.50
ggunn9160.00
AlexFL7833.00
CarMan77424.50
Alberta1975.00
F30Andy1748.50
AP_M5134.00
TFERG30.50
TonyTone200.00
      12-21-2021, 12:49 AM   #2
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 Fashion Grey Individual LCI M5 Competition

UPDATED: April 27, 2021: car is at the dealership. Taking delivery in the morning... here's a teaser photo...

UPDATED: March 26, 2021 : Finished production! At the port awaiting to board a ship!

March 7, 2021 FashionGreyM5C officially begins production. Spoke with my SA and timed out an early-mid May 2021 arrival and delivery.

Good Afternoon to everyone and Happy Friday, and a happy Friday indeed it is!

Happy to share that I have had my colors and options APPROVED on my Individual F90 M5 LCI build. I've had my F82 M4 (loaded and lots of MPE) for 6 years now and have absolutely loved every moment. I've also spent COUNTLESS hours over those years on all the boards and model threads on Bimmerpost and have kept up with much of the chatter here. Now that I have a 6 month-old son,Wife, and completed my year-long home renovation process, it's time to close the chapter of "bright, loud, 2 door car" and transition into a more serious "capable of all things" ride that still makes me grin in the morning when I start it up. I've always seen the M5 as the ultimate 4-door Super Sedan and have always seen myself driving one. I'm not a Mercedes fan, never cared for Audi, and not impressed with the Panamera line up enough to justify the very noticeable price difference. No disrespect to any of the brands and the models produced that compare to the M5, I'm just a BMW M guy.
Below is my build, I'm sure this waiting period is going to be brutal, especially near the final days. I'm not even remotely close someone you would classify as "patient," but this project will bring it out of me, as details are of monumental importance in my book. Although this is not your "everyday" color, I hope that it will blend better than my Yas Marina Blue.

Model:
• BMW M5
Year:
Exterior:
• Fashion Grey
Interior:
• Full Merino Individual Tartufo
Trim:
• Piano Black
Packages:
• Competition Package
• Executive Package
• Drivers Assistance Plus Package
Wheels:
• 20" Y-Spoke Style 789M

Options:
• Carbon Ceramic Brakes
• Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System

Accessories:
• M Performance Titanium Exhaust
• M Performance Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
• M Performance Carbon Fiber Spoiler Pro
• M Performance Carbon Fiber Side Grilles
• M Performance Side Skirts
• M Performance Steering Wheel Pro

**I'd like to know if anyone has had any luck in the past with BMW sending the individual leather roll/pieces to have the steering wheel "black leather" replaced with Tartufo. Any help or contacts would be great!

I'll keep updating here as the build progresses!

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1619500839

Appreciate 1
TFERG30.50
      12-21-2021, 12:51 AM   #3
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Hope all is well with everyone.

So I did in fact, confirm that my car is on the "Sirus Highway" set to arrive Georgia on the 19th. There, as many of you know, she will have all of the MPE parts installed before getting on the final transport phase.

You guys weren't lying when you said the wait from the time it leaves Germany, to when you actually take delivery is WAY worse. I'm checking the BMW site a couple of times a day.

I've been hoarding away whatever necessary parts from IND over the last few weeks, the last of which arrive tmrw. I'll update on another thread with all of the parts prior to install.

I was able to in fact confirm, rather IND confirmed for me (Thanks Ryan) that the MPE steering wheel can not be installed on LCI M5's equipped with Driver Assistance Plus package. It hasn't been done to much extent apparently, and the error codes are not what i'm prepared to deal with. We've already set plan B in motion, and yes, it will be epic.

I was also a bit bummed when ordering floor matts for this car. I got a set of the MPE ones, thats not the issue- my issue is that there isn't a factory or genuine BMW M all weather floor matt set for these. Sure, its an "M" car, but lets get serious here, BMW will sell anything with the M logo on it. It rains 2/3 of the year here in South Florida, so they are crucial. I ended up ordering the WeatherTech kit, although that God awful logo is huge on the drivers matt. oh well.

If all goes well, or even a day late with arrival, install, transport, delivery prep, and the actual delivery then my Individual F90 LCI Comp, dressed with Fashion grey and Tartufo, loaded to the max.. comes home no later then the first week of May

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 12:52 AM   #4
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
As promised… my thoughts and photos of the my 10 day old M5C. Finally got it cleaned, and all parts installed

2021 INDIVIDUAL F90 M5 COMPETITION
BRCHP V.2

BUILD
• FASHION GREY
• TARTUFO
• PIANO BLK TRIM
• 20" Y-SPOKE WHEELS
• BOWERS & WILKINS
• COMPETITION PACKAGE
• DRIVERS ASSISSTANCE PLUS
• EXECUTIVE PACKAGE
• MP EXHAUST WITH CARBON TIPS
• MP CARBON MIRRORS
• MP SIDE VENTS
• MP PRO SPOILER
• MP DIFFUSER
• MP CARBON FIBER SIDE BLADES
• MP CARPETED FLOOR MATS
• MP GAS COVER

IND
• BLACKLINE OIL CAP- PAINTED FASHION GREY
• BLACKLINE COOLANT CAP- PAINTED FASHION GREY
• GLOSS BLACK BMW ROUNDEL (HOOD AND TRUNK)
• GLOSS BLACK FLOATER BMW WHEEL ROUNDELS
• FASHION GREY REFLECTOR REPLACEMENT
• GLOSS BLACK HONEYCOMB INSERTS
• FASHION GREY "M5" TRUNK BADGE W/ GLOSS BLACK "COMPETITION"
• FASHION GREY LICENSE PLATE FRAME
• KW H.A.S. KIT
• 12MM FUTURE CLASSIC SPACERS (X4)
• HARDWIRED VALENTINE 1 (GEN. 2)
• MPE ALCANTARA KEY FOBS (BLK AND RED)
• FASHION GREY "IND" KEY CHAIN
• TINT: "XPEL" 55% WINDSHIELD / 15% ALL AROUND
• VALENTINE 1 / GENERATION 2 (HARDWIRED)

So, this all began when I joked around with a friend who has sold me a few cars in the past about my interests in an individual spec M5. About a week later, Steve calls me and says, "send me your ultimate build"

January 20, 2021 I was given a production number, and the process began. April 27, 2021 the car was brought to her new home. I've taken the time to put down my thoughts over the last 10 days of ownership. Some may be interested, and some may only want the pics! SCROLL DOWN!

(Note: All comparisons I notate are between my previous car, 2015 M4 Coupe and my new car, 2021 M5C.)

2015 F82 M4
YAS MARINA BLUE
EXTENDED BLACK LEATHER
UPGRADED SOUND
DCT
SUNSHADE
EXECUTIVE PACKAGE
MP TITANIUM EXHAUST
MP MIRRORS
MP SPLITTERS (UPPERS ONLY)
MP TRUNKLID
MP INTERIOR DCT KNOB
MP E-BRAKE
MP V2 STEERING WHEEL
MP BLK SIDE SKIRTS
PEDAL HAUS PEDALSET
VALENTINE 1 (GEN 2) HARDWIRE
IND CARBON DOOR PULLS
IND GLOSS BLACK GRILL
IND YMB FRONT AND REAR COLOR MATCHED REFLECTOR
IND RED "START STOP" BUTTON
IND KEYHOLE DELETE
IND GLOSS BLK ROUNDELS (4 WHEELS / TRUNK / HOOD)
KW H.A.S. KIT
MACHT SCHNELL 12MM SPACERS
BM3 STAGE 1/93 OCTANE TUNE
BIMMERCODE
MICHELIN PS4:
265/35/19
295/35/19

THANK YOU
STEVE PELKEY / BMW OF FORT LAUDERDALE – THE REASON FOR THIS EVEN COMING TOGETHER. THANK YOU

JORDAN BUPP – FOR ALL THE LATE NIGHT "DILEMMAS" 1:45 AM: DO YOU THINK THE CCB'S ARE REALLY WORTH DOING? HAS HAD MORE CARS THAN ANYONE ELSE I KNOW. Also, the best driver I personally know, THANK YOU

JOHN HORTON / EUROWERKS TEAM – This is the 3rd of my 4 BMW's that John has worked on. He knows the drill. New car+ stance/sound. He deals with my lack of patience like a pro. I'd never take my cars anywhere else. THANK YOU

RYAN / IND- DISTRIBUTION – Always, always, ALWAYS the best quality and the best packaged boxes. It's like Christmas and my 5th Birthday all at once every time a box arrives.

ADAM'S POLISHES – What else do I say? Let's just get a subscription going already so I can just skip the website and remembering what to order!

**all the above names beat me up and took all my money, help!
LOL

DELIEVERY
My dealership, BMW of Fort Lauderdale, knocked it out of the park regarding making this as special as can be. I arrived with mixed emotions, as I LOVED my 2015 M4. I drove to the dealership for the final time in that car, and I couldn't help but feel a bit down. I had made one dream come true years ago buying my first M car. And now fulfilling yet another dream, my DREAM CAR, picking up an M5 that I built to a "T". Getting 3 thumbs up during my test drive is why I bought it, and getting a thumbs up on the way to send her off was just as good a feeling.
That quickly changed when I arrived and saw my car in the delivery bay with a black cloth over the entire car, a large red bow, and my name on the screen above, congratulating me for my new car. Considering the car was north of $150k, the entire process from start to finish seemed effortless, without any hiccup/regroup whatsoever. A job well done! Steve Pelkey KILLED IT.

INTERIOR
WOW.. As many of you know, the interior cabin of the F90 LCI is stunning. A completely different animal then my outgoing F82 is lightly putting it. The attention to details on BMW's part is something to admire and appreciate. Yet again, build quality, use of materials, and design functionality are spot on. Tartufo seemed a lot lighter in pictures. I was surprised to see how much of a deep/dark cinnamon the color is (in a good way). Truth be told, I had never seen it in person prior to ordering. I would always enjoy seeing fellow owners post their photos of the interior, but I had never seen one in person. Piano black is gorgeous- but the fingerprints that seem to always find their way on there is an OCD persons nightmare. Trying to not drag any debris or dust across it when I clean to avoid the scratches, although I hear its inevitable. The various color combinations of the interior ambient lighting are also a nice feature I was not used to before this. The Tartufo colored stitching in the black leather dashboard is so elegant, and an appreciated touch, and the full Alcantara headliner is just gorgeous. This car most defiantly exudes luxury touches, far beyond what I imagined. I love the glass buttons on the dash for the stereo and a/c controls as well.
The two front seats, my Lord, Thank you for these seats. Big, beautiful, multifunctional seats, with what seems like a dozen different ways to move, support, hug, and love you all while you drive. Ventilated, heated, AND massaging.. AMAZING. I'm VERY pleased. FINALLY a REAL car seat. Love the F82M4's seats for what they were, but for other than spirited drives, they were not very comfortable at all, especially long distance, and they promoted back sweat like no other (Florida problems). I also love the thigh extension piece that I missed from previous cars. One of my favorite BMW seat features.

I am however a tad let down with the steering wheel thickness. I thought the V2 wheel I had on my M4 was epic. Really made the car feel "special." I had planned to have the MPE wheel ordered to swap out almost immediately upon delivery, but unfortunately, LCI's equipped with the Drivers Assistance Plus Package cannot have the steering wheel installed. Still can't understand why it's THAT much of a big deal, but I'll take that as my only "loss." I just wish it had less leather and mix some alcantara and a bit more thickness, solely preference. The Bowers and Wilkins sound option adds a beautiful finish to the door speakers aesthetically in the car in day light and during the night. The lighting inside the door speakers is beautiful. The silver is a nice touch for sure, and the sound is so crisp it's incredible. Still haven't had much time to really crank it up, as I don't listen to music overly loud anyway, and my drive time is always relatively short, so the V8 will do. But overall, sound quality is tremendous. The shifter is still something I'm getting used to. Truth be told, I loved the DCT knob in outgoing M models, and saw it as kind of a "staple" to their transmission and interior cabin. The P button just seems to be in the wrong place. I'm always using my pointer finger to park it, like I'm in an elevator pre- covid. Save your money on the "M Performance Floor Mats" though, I'm 1 week in and the "M" is already peeling off. The stock carpets are stitched. Still Don't understand why there are no all weather floor mats with "M-Performance" written on it, but there are literally entire seasons of clothing for men and women. The awkward "no place to put my cell phone" dilemma still exists. I had a separate phone mount installed in the side area near the passanger seat knee area in my M4. It was angled towards me and very easy to reach, operate. Also loved that I was able to clip it under the stock panel so my phone would never move. The M5 has the wireless charging station, which is cool, but if anything is in the cup holder in the center, your phone is inaccessible.

TRANSMISSION
We all know, it is an 8-speed automatic, and the shift perfection and quickness say just that. I do miss the intensity of the DCT downshift blips though. The E92 had the best bark like blips, and the F82 wasn't disappointing at all- But I've yet to hear it really come alive and scream- I was expecting more from the V8. I hope that post break in I hear it and feel it way more. I felt like I was able to swing the car into Reverse, drive, N much easier with the DCT, and with less brake pressure than I can with this car, I find out of habit I am still in N when attempting to back into my driveway, and giving the MPE a nice ring late at night when I'm home from work. The brake force applied just seems to be far more then with my M4. Again, by no means a deal breaker.

EXTERIOR
Fashion Grey was a color I was on the fence about, even up until the day of delivery. I was sent a picture the moment it came off the truck and I'll admit, I was a bit uneasy at my option. It doesn't photograph nicely from a lot of angles, especially if you don't spend some time with it to really get to know the color and its hues. In person it is something to admire.

Other exterior colors that I came very close to ordering were: Lime Rock grey and Grigio Telesto. Both of which seemed too "common" amongst the grey colors all over the road now. Fashion is VERY unique. I love it more and more every time I see it. The sunlight gives it a taupe, LIGHT brown hues, almost yellow. In the shade it has a dark grey vibe. Both give it a tough appearance without a doubt, and the longer you look at it, the quicker you realize it is not a color you see every day. The flat-ness to the paint does give me a bit of anxiety when it comes down to the long haul of maintenance and washes, but nothing that a proper ceramic coating and wax won't fix. I'm VERY happy with my selection, especially when paired with the carbon roof, mirrors, and side skirts, not to mention the tartufo interior and tints. It's unique enough to be admired by anyone with Porsche or BMW color knowledge, and "standard" enough to be dismissed by anyone who doesn't know the difference between an M5 and a 5 series, which is what I wanted. YMB was a beautiful color, and again- one that I HATED in the launch pictures for the F82, but it was SO sexy. I grew tired of the "I SAW YOU" texts. The rear diffuser and Pro spoiler are a nice touch, that goes without say. The rear end of the car doesn't disappoint. I do wish the Pro Spoiler wasn't so much of a kick "outwards" and more of a kick "upwards" if that makes sense to anyone. Not a deal breaker, or anything I regret whatsoever, rather, what I would've like more. The carbon exhaust tips tie it together beautifully.

The Carbon Ceramic brakes. Yes. So much YES. Just a thing of beauty. The gold calipers, massive gold calipers go perfectly with the exterior color. The rotors, with the cracked ceramic, mirror like finish is screen saver worthy. My brother in laws, and some co-workers all commented on how massive the brakes are. Both parties have little knowledge of cars if that says anything. And the stopping power and brake force is tremendous. Happy to report ABSOLUTELY no squeal sounds. I can confirm that with certainty. I was nervous of the stories of buyers remorse due to the squealing. And the best part about them, and worth every penny of the $8500 option- NO BRAKE DUST. 100 miles? NOT A THING
I like to detail my own cars. It has always been a hobby of mine, and a great destress method for me. I use Adam's Polishes line for everything cleaning related. It's obvious, it is larger than the M4, but not by much- I noticed I was noticeably more exhausted and challenged when detailing this car initially. The panels are WAY easier to clean and to wax. I also love no more plastic rocker sticker on the rear hips. I will also comment that this car is MUCH easier to park (I bet you weren't expecting to hear that) and takes up less space when parking in my garage with my Wife's Cayenne next to me. I guess it is the lack of the hips?

EXHAUST
I'm happy that I ordered the car with this option. I had the M-Performance exhaust installed on my F82 M4 and to this day, I'd say that was one of my favorite options on that car. The startup "roar" on the M5 is impressive, loud, and glorious. No matter where you are, whoever is walking by will turn around when you start this car up. It makes me smile every single time. Anyone within earshot can identify that something very angry just woke up. It says, "Don't mess with me." The backpressure/burble when releasing the gas pedal in 2nd and 3rd gear is also very nice, something that I had to tune my M4 to do. I do love that it is significantly deeper and louder, without the rattling of aluminum can sounds coming from the car. I felt embarrassed at times when driving the M4 and downshifting at too high RPM. When the M5 is at idle, and you're walking up to the rear of the car- WOW.

I am however a bit bummed with the sound from within the car. Even in the driver's seat, with the windows down, I was expecting this car to have the same loudness to It while cruising, ill update as time goes on and the car is broken in properly. I'm guessing the new technology, and overall better build quality of the car have meant less drone sounds. Or maybe the placement of the turbos? I can understand now why so many owners have opted for downpipe or x-pipe to increase the sound. The carbon Fiber tips on the exhaust are just incredible. I will say that the exhaust is a MUST to anyone ordering. I would have been VERY regretful if I decided against it. A MUST DO.

EXPERIENCE
With the very little time I've had to drive and get to know this car, I feel as though I can't add much here, but I am enjoying it more and more each day. The additional space (came from a 2dr) the soft close door features, power tailgate in Executive Package (another MUST DO), the overall massive step-up from the M4 is something I admire. I'm not completely sold on Drivers Assistance Package, but the night vision thing in the front bumper is "advanced" looking enough to seem worthy, HATE how in the highest settings, you are getting a shoulder work out fighting to change lanes without a blinker. M1 and M2 settings are great. Same satisfaction level with the M4's, minus the 4wheel/RWD capabilities, again I'm still in my break in period so I'm positive I'll leave the dealership giggling like a 5th grader. I look forward to many years and miles with this car. This is my 4th BMW and my 2nd M car, and I am still a VERY happy customer!

KW HAS KIT
The finishing touch to say the least. John at EuroWerks has worked on just about every car I have owned and has killed it each time. Installed the KW HAS kit, along with 12MM spacers all the way around, and NOW she looks like an M5. That god awful ride height kills the vibe. As usual, I showed him some pictures of other cars lowered just enough to "86" the wheel gap, and make it look exponentially more aggressive. The ride is noticeably stiffer, and I don't mind it at all. You get the vibe that the car is finally planted to the ground. I can't wait for on ramps that curve, and post break in period experiences. KW always has a great product. Another happy repeat customer.

TIRES
I lost this battle. I received the car with Pirellis. I'm a Michelin man. These are soft, and don't beef out like the PS4's did. I will be changing to them once I chew through these. Something tells me it won't be long

VALENTINE 1 / GEN 2

Still getting the hang of it. Same concept, annoying that it needs the app to calibrate to your settings.

In summation, what I can report after making the switch, and with exception of the BM3 software, I did the exact same OEM+ look I strive for, just about identical modifications on both cars- The F90 M5LCI is just SO DAMN WORTH IT, So damn comfortable, SO improved in every way possible over the F8x M, and the perfect fit at this stage in my life, and as someone who wanted to stay in the M family. The V8 symphony is drool worthy. Although The M4 was a fun, agile and nimble to drive around, it lacked a sense of "seriousness" The M5 Checks off all the same boxes, and more.

Side note: My service rep told me immediately to NOT tune this car. Apparently, BMW has a way of seeing that the ECU has been modified and that it is pinged immediately via satellite and immediately flag your car, most likely resulting in a loss of warranty. I guess there are A LOT of unhappy customers who have had this already happen. Beware!

ENJOY THE PICS
Attachment 2597373

Attachment 2597374

Attachment 2597375

Attachment 2597376

Attachment 2597377

Attachment 2597378

Attachment 2597379

Attachment 2597380

Attachment 2597381

Attachment 2597382

Attachment 2597382

Attachment 2597385

Attachment 2597386

Attachment 2597387

FSHNGRY

Appreciate 3
      12-21-2021, 12:54 AM   #5
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Morning!

I finally took delivery of my Individual spec F90 M5 LCI. After 5 months of exhausting the "refresh" button for the ETA on this car, she's now home! I'll be posting a detailed write up, along with pictures once the KW kit and spacers are installed. Proper pictures after ceramic coating will be in line as well! I couldn't wait until then though, as I'm far too excited and wanted to show everyone! Yes- I know the reflector pieces need to be changed, they are in the box along with the spacers and KW's being installed a week from today. ALSO- tint being applied this afternoon. Next post will show completed form, along with a proper detail and pictures. Enjoy!

Just snapped a few quick pics for the purpose of everyone seeing this beautiful build!
Build:
Fashion Grey 2021 M5
Tartufo
Piano Black trim
Bowers & Wilkins
Competition
Executive
Drivers Assistance
CCB's
MPE Exhaust
MPE Pro Spoiler
MPE Diffuser
MPE Carbon Mirrors
MPE Carbon Side Blades
MPE carbon side vents
IND Color Matched Badge
IND Gloss Black Roundels (hood and trunk)
IND Gloss Blk Honeycomb
IND Plate Frame
IND Floating Wheel Caps

BRCHP

Attachment 2591571

Attachment 2591572

Attachment 2591573

Attachment 2591574

Attachment 2591575

Attachment 2591576

Attachment 2591577

Attachment 2591578

Attachment 2591579

Attachment 2591580

Appreciate 5
bigj505359.00
ggunn9160.00
DNYC1919478.00
TFERG30.50
      12-21-2021, 12:56 AM   #6
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Tweaked the suspension/tires set up since last posting

Michelin PS4's

285/35/20 - Front
295/35/20 - Rear

Macht Schnell 15MM spacers - Front
Future classic 12MM spacers -Rear

Previously installed:

KW H.A.S. Kit

Also ditched my vanity plate

Before (12MM all 4 corners)

15MM felt instantly different. Not sure if it was my mind playing a trick, but the car just stays perfectly planted.

Shoutout to Cat at IND for epic customer service and the rapid turnaround!

3 more mods coming soon! Interior/ exterior / Performance

Attachment 2615025

Attachment 2615026

Attachment 2615027

Attachment 2615028

Attachment 2615029

Attachment 2615030

Attachment 2615031

Attachment 2615032

Attachment 2615033

Attachment 2615034

Appreciate 1
      12-21-2021, 12:58 AM   #7
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I was waiting in my car at Best Buy for my curbside order. Decided to kill a couple minutes with some quick pictures.

The yellow paint on the rails and poles and "taupe" color on the wall on the side loading area of the building seemed to pop nicely with the car details..

Still waiting on my last 4 items to arrive. I've got a detail and photographer lined up for the completion..

Enjoy,
BRCHP

Attachment 2630324

Attachment 2630325

Attachment 2630326

Attachment 2630327

Attachment 2630328

Attachment 2630329

Attachment 2630330

Attachment 2630331

Attachment 2630332

Appreciate 2
ggunn9160.00
zb26031055.50
      12-21-2021, 12:59 AM   #8
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Had my break in service performed last week after doing what I could in the short time I've owned it to reach the mileage. Now that I have that complete, I'm back to my minimal driving habits in an effort to keep it PRISTINE. Call me impatient, or crazy, but I didn't wait 6 months and pay all this money to have to drive this thing at 50% of it's potential.

The power in this car is just monstrous. I remember reading other members' response to the power delivery as "scary Fast" and was a bit skeptical. Usually those driving a 600+ hp sedan have some seat time and experience in super cars with more "bang."
"SCARY FAST" is the best way to describe it. The AWD is very necessary I've come to learn. I really don't think there are very many, if any cars on the road that could accelerate as rapidly and with as much ferocity as the F90 M5 does.

I do have a few things on order, and hopefully due to arrive within the next week to 10 days. As usual, I'll be sure to update everyone on the next phase after install, as well as some thoughts on the car as a whole. LOVING this thing.

BRCHP

15mm spacers front / 12mm spacers rear
Attachment 2622115

Attachment 2622116

Attachment 2622117

Attachment 2622118

IND painted engine accents

Attachment 2622119

Attachment 2622120

Attachment 2622121

Attachment 2622311

Attachment 2622312

Attachment 2622317

Attachment 2622316

Attachment 2622315

Last edited by FSHNGRY; 01-05-2022 at 01:34 AM..
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2021, 12:23 PM   #9
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Sneaking in before you post up the rest of your work...

It's about time good sir! As someone who enjoys car journals of a build and all of your posts it's nice to see them all in one place now. Makes it easy for everyone. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Might I suggest a CS hood?
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 2
FSHNGRY2301.00
      12-21-2021, 05:10 PM   #10
Silverx88x
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

car looks perfect
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      12-21-2021, 07:06 PM   #11
ShockArrival
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Search

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Subscribed, because it's glorious!
      12-21-2021, 11:10 PM   #12
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bimmerpost…

Dropping in for an overdue update on my F90. Currently on my last night of vacation, and I was overjoyed with the update to my Dropbox that the photos of my F90 M5 are here, I couldn’t wait to share…
I’ve finally put the “2.0” finishing touches on. Funny how you ALWAYS find something extra to add, right at the very end of it all, before you can say “I’m done.” I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to not only order and build my F90, but now also being able to detail every touch the way I always envisioned. Its humbling, and truly a dream come true.

With the help of Ryan and Cat at @IND, @AzaAutoWheel, @Eurowerks, and The man behind the camera lenses, Photographer @Grizzly_lenz, I’ve been able to bring my vision to life.

Below, are the current updates and mods that I’ve wanted to showcase, along with the way I ordered my F90. My thoughts and comments below.

This round of mods consisted of:

• Eventuri Intake System & “V” trunk badge
• Custom Steering wheel by AzaAutowheel
• Fashion Grey | Gloss Black “M5” Trunk badge
• Fashion Grey | Gloss Black Engine caps/covers
• M Performance Front Splitter
• 3D Design Paddles (+/- painted)
• 3D Design Key fobs (white and black)

FSHNGRY F90 M5 COMPETITION BUILD SHEET

CURRENT MILEAGE:
EXTERIOR:
• Individual Fashion Grey
INTERIOR:
• Full Tartufo
TRIM:
• Piano black trim
PACKAGES:
• Executive Package
• Competition Package
• Drivers Assistance Package Plus
OPTIONS:
• Bowers & Wilkins
• CCB’s
• 20” Y Spoke wheels Style: 789M
•
M PERFORMANCE PARTS:
• Titanium Exhaust
• Side vents
• Side blades
• Pro spoiler
• Diffuser
• Mirrors
• Gas Cap
• Floor Matts

SUSPENSION & TIRES:
• Michelin 285/35/20 & 295/35/20
• Macht Schnell 15mm (front)
• Future Classic 12mm (rear)
• KW H.A.S. kit

IND:
• Gloss black roundels (hood and trunk)
• Floating wheel caps
• Fashion Grey M5 badge V.2 (v1: all fashion grey | v2: fashion grey/ blk edges)
• Fashion Grey plate frame
• Fashion Grey “IND” Key chain
• Fashion Grey Coolant cap
• Fashion Grey Oil cap
• Fashion Grey Expansion tank cap
• Custom painted Engine cover (Gloss Black and Fashion Grey)
• M Performance Alcantara key fob
• Eventuri Intake System
• Eventuri “V” trunk badge
• 3D design Brushed aluminum paddles “+/- “painted Gloss Black
• 3D Design Black and White key fob covers
• M Performance Front Splitters

Steering Wheel:
• Custom built by “AZA Auto Wheels”
• Grey Alcantara stripe at 12 o’clock
• Black Alcantara sides
• Black Leather: Top & bottom
• Alcantara / Piano Black trim
• Flat bottom design
• Thickness = 2cm thicker than stock

BIMMERCODE:
• OBD Link CX

MISC:.
Valentine 1 Gen. 2
Hardwired

TINT:
15% ceramic tint
Sides and Rear
50% ceramic tint
windshield

My .02 cents….

MP EXHAUST
Noticeably and significantly louder. As everyone before me has promised would happen, and boom. It’s like you flipped a switch.
Everything. The startup. The warmup. The downshift. The whine the V8 makes as your slowing down. The WOT acceleration resembles a war cry. The pops and burbles. I picked up the first person I ever pick up in any of my new cars, right after I had the intake installed, and all he kept saying was “HOLY SH** THIS THING IS WAY LOUDER”

The “POP-POP-POP-POP” 95% of the time sounds great. But when you realize that it is the SAME sound, every time, you feel that it is less organic and really all computer generated, which can be a tad annoying. I also really dislike that when downshifting from high RPM, you don’t get a WOW downshift scream that slowly descends through the RPM range. That, I do miss.

KW H.A.S. KIT:
I love how now that the suspension has settled, and the alignment, balance, driving time, all accounted for, the ride height and overall ride quality have come to character. A stiff ride and tremendous driver feedback with this kit. I still hear that clanking sound coming from what sounds like, the rear right spring and shock mechanism, I THINK, but not anything that would send me looking elsewhere.

I always feel super confident when ordering and installing a KW kit. Might be too low for some, but for me, it’s perfect, and the exact stance I was looking to achieve. Very aggressive stance, especially when grouped with 15mm/12mm spacers and Michelins. Wheel gaps are an eye sore, at least I think so. I would say I drive alone in my cars 99% of the time I’m behind the wheel- so I prefer the road to speak to me. I have noticed that when I have 3-4 adults in the car (myself included) and I catch a dip in the road, I will experience minor rubbing in the rear.

The one thing I will say is that I will be ordering the “Dinan Tension kit”. It seems to be the missing link, no pun intended, to holding down all 4 corners of this thing, its eye opening how the power in this car has. I find that I’m really has changing the way I’ve built my cars in the past. I hate to say it, but I just STILL don’t feel that confidence, and fire eye mentality, when accelerating/braking hard in this thing. The rear end wants to dance, and I don’t even f*** with RWD, at all. I’ll report back with that when I do it.

I Absolutely adore….

-The “let me teach you a lesson” balls it delivers when anyone attempts to pass you, or ride your ass lol The M5 has a long history of being one of the ultimate super sedans on the market. And for a very brief moment that someone wants to show off, they are reminded that they just don’t have what it takes.
-Thank you, BMW and M Division, for adding REMOTE START to the key fob functions. For the love of God, Thank you.

CARPLAY:
I’ve grown to love it. Great that settings and notifications remain the same as you prefer on your phone, or also settings for when a passenger is in the car. Super easy to use and navigate.

*Minor details. Does not change my opinion on the car at all, just things that annoy me…

-Abrupt “P” if opening door, while rolling. I’ve had the habit at times while in reverse, to open my door and peak out while inching back. NOT do-able with the F90’s 8 spd Auto. In fact- if you open the door and still rolling, you’ll rattle the fillings out of your teeth...

A/C:
the center of the windshield almost always has a condensation spot in the shape of a circle. Occurs mostly when I turn on the A/C at night and let the car run for a few minutes. I know South Florida humidity and the rainy season we are in now don’t bode well to avoid this. But I find it is significantly worse on this car than any other BMW. My A/c is not at auto, lowest settings, MAYBE the second level. 65 Degrees is the setting. How do I make this stop?! It’s gotten to be a pain.

REAR SIDE SUNSHADES:
I do wish these were on a button. I leave them up, mostly because of South Florida Heat and UV exposure, but when I want to put all 4 windows down I either need to put the car in park, unbuckle and use the arm rest as leverage to reach and unclip both sides carefully, not wanting them to slap down. Should’ve been connected to the rear sunshade button.

-EMERGENCY BRAKING/DRIVERS ASSISTANCE??
I’ve unfortunately experienced this for a second time, the most recent being a few days ago.

My F90 is lowered with KW H.A.S Kit, NOT lowest setting, but I’m sure it’s close. I was caught in the daily 4pm hurricane like rainstorm we experience here in South Florida this time of year. I was at a red light, and once green, began to ease forward, the dash lit up BRIGHT RED as if I had looked away from the screened gauges in traffic. The car then comes to a halt and all I could do was look at my rear view and go “PLEASE GOD DON’T DO THIS, PLEASE GOD DON’T DO THIS”

Has anyone else experienced their car just halting as if it were trying to avoid a collision?

2.0 UPDATES / IMPRESSIONS

EVENTURI INTAKE:
Initially when I explored the intake options with my F82, I was stunned at how much the price of intake systems have skyrocketed since I had last shopped for one. It just didn’t strike me as “necessary” during that time. I did add each piece of carbon fiber to that car incrementally. So, I guess that helped.
This time around, I ordered my F90 with all the M Performance carbon fiber bits. So naturally, after the first month of ownership, I grew bored and wanted to begin my personal touches to set my car apart from others, and top keep me busy. I called IND and inquired about the Eventuri kit available for the F90.

Ryan, you hit it right on the head my guy. I remember our conversation went like this” Me: how does it sound in like low RPM “normal” driving? “Ryan: OH MAN THE GROWL IS JUST WAY MORE INTENSE” I cut him off and said “sold”

HOLY. WOW. The spooling, faint whistling, inhaling sound mixture you hear as the turbo spools is just intoxicating. At higher RPM, midway through the power band as you step on it for quick pulls, you hear the “STi” whiffle sound, but at very deep grunt like version of it. The way a proper German V8 should announce it’s incoming.

The growl and V8 induction sound from within the cabin make you forget you have active sound, it’s so organic. Popping the hood is a plus, with the dual massive carbon fiber horns with trays that extend down into the back side of the grille.

The Eventuri Badge and serial number give it that stamp of authenticity to solidify that absolutely no expense was spared on the respiratory health of this almighty F90. I thought the “V” logo that company has available through IND was neat- so I ordered one to see how it looks. I’m sure it will be one of those pieces that won’t be on the car very long, but for now, I dig it.

AZA AUTO WHEEL CUSTOM FLAT BOTTOM STEERING WHEEL

I stumbled across “AZA Auto Wheel” on Instagram: @azaautowheel

They had a sponsored ad which featured an Aragon brown and Black F90 M5 steering wheel. I was hooked immediately and started with my questions. After about a week of going back and forth about colors, materials, shapes and functions, I placed my order. The only issue I had with the whole process was how long it took to fabricate and ship my new wheel. Solely an issue with my patience level- nothing to do with the company itself. They hit the nail on the head. All factory functions retained, even with DAPP. Heat, buttons, the works- not a single beat skipped. Considering the wheel was shipped from Europe, the box arrived FLAWLESS. Plenty of padding and protection inside the box to help with any sort of shock or shipping damage that could’ve happened along the way. A beautiful wheel cover (stitched and with drawstring) as well as a leather card holder wallet that was included in the box. I was VERY pleased with the response time to any question or comment I needed to make. We’re talking MINUTES.

3D DESIGN CUSTOM PADDLES:

• Honestly, this is the type of paddle that this car should’ve come with. I noticed that you can’t reach them easily if using your right hand to text, talk on the phone, and need your left hand to upshift. Tremendous built quality. Ryan at IND decided to give it that extra touch by suggesting the + / - be painted in gloss black, to match the Piano trim. Perfectly executed.

IND PAINTED M5 TRUNK BADGE 2.0:
• My first “M5” trunk badge was painted entirely in Fashion Grey. I felt that it would get lost in the trunk of the car (fashion grey is flat, no metallic whatsoever).
• Ryan to the rescue again- The face of this badge to be Fashion Grey, with the edges in Gloss black. So minor of a detail, but such a difference it makes

IND PAINTED ENGINE PIECES *GLOSS BLACK | FASHION GREY:

• The proper finishing touches. I wish the “center” piece that is available to the carbon fiber cap package was available to buy a la carte. I will probably send my stock pieces in to be painted in the opposite these. The black is gorgeous but gets lost given its placement.

M-PERFORMANCE SPLITTER:
• I was skeptical about a splitter on an M5, I won’t deny that. Everyone who has since seen it has admired and commented on how incredible a “small or minor” piece like that really brings the whole look together perfectly. Little do they know, the second most expensive M part available lol. The front bumper of the F90 now finally looks complete and proportionate flow and shape to the rest of the car. It was like a body builder, with massive shoulders and quads, but a tiny head and jaw line. The front bumper of the F90 looks beautiful if the whole car is stock, but when you lower it, put spacers, and all the other carbon fiber pieces from the catalog on the rest of the car, the front looks awkward when not “touched up”

• I absolutely love it. By NO means considered cheap, but the build quality, matching carbon fiber weave, and FITMENT make it worth every penny.

All in all, I’d say that I’m very pleased with how the build came together. I’m looking forward to enjoying it now, and not sit on my phone, refreshing tracking information for incoming parts lol

Enjoy the pics,

FSHNGRY

(Formally known as “BRCHP”)

Attachment 2694882

Attachment 2694885

Attachment 2694886

Attachment 2694887

Attachment 2694888

Attachment 2694889

Attachment 2694890

Attachment 2694891

Attachment 2694892

Attachment 2694893

Attachment 2694894

Attachment 2694895

Attachment 2694896

Attachment 2694899

Attachment 2694900

Appreciate 5
ggunn9160.00
Alberta1975.00
F30Andy1748.50
zb26031055.50
      12-21-2021, 11:11 PM   #13
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Got a text today from a good friend over at BMW of Ft. Lauderdale that an M5CS was in their garage. Had some errands in that area today so I stopped by....

Give me the trunk spoiler, you can keep the rest!

Attachment 2696901

Attachment 2696902

Attachment 2696904

Attachment 2696905

Attachment 2696906

Attachment 2696907

Attachment 2696908

Appreciate 1
Shanky0.00
      12-21-2021, 11:12 PM   #14
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Naturally, after the “ooooo---aaaaaa” honeymoon stages are done and gone, you begin to feel bored with the lack of excitement. From start to finish, the whole process of making attempts to satisfy the “modbug” is the excitement of the entire process. The moment I click “complete purchase” on IND’s website, to the dozen or so emails for tracking updates, and then following the truck (sometimes literally) for my delivery of yet another expensive “touch up” to my car are some of the most exciting/aggravating times when a new car arrives. Not to mention the “what do you mean you can’t install this?” conversations I have with my shop at 4pm on a Friday lol

This round was one I was most excited for. I’ve shared my thoughts and concerns regarding the rear end control and balance, or lack thereof, along with the idea of downpipe. I voiced the same thoughts to Ryan over at @IND-Distribution and you guessed it, a solution was presented…followed by some problems, and then multiple solutions thereafter.

I also used this opportunity to adjust the overall stance of the car. Originally, I had fallen in love with how low it was. But as driving time and seat time went on, I was quickly shown that it was in fact, too slammed, and needed to be adjusted. Besides, tires rubbing the wheel well causing those cringeworthy scraping sounds are not cool. Certainly not in any way, shape or form acceptable in an M5. The rocker panel of the car was dead even from front to back as I had originally wanted. But the rear tires just felt too “tucked” for my liking and I wanted the equal squared off stance on all 4 corners. It is a time-consuming process to say the least, and one that requires alignment (even more damn aggravating) so getting this all done at once was the best bet. I'm happy to report that the seemingly minor changes to the suspension, have 86-ed the scarping noises.

Dinan Rear Suspension Link Kit:
Thank you @MILLER over at Dinan in Alabama. I had a limited amount of time away from work over the course of the last week, so sourcing, shipping, and installing everything in a limited timeframe was crucial. Miller was able to help me out by overnighting the item to me at no extra cost. Total gentleman! Thank you!

The whole problem in a nutshell, the F90 has this “looseness” and wobbly/feather light rear end feeling that did not make me feel as connected to the car as I’m used to. I know every car is different, but for the top-of-the-line M car- I expected different. You could REALLY feel it under hard acceleration and braking. My moment of “F this, time to order this ASAP came to me last week when I was traveling on the highway. It was a Sunday evening and limited traffic flow allowed for me to put the windows down and enjoy the passing lane. I’m sure the mixture of speed, open windows, wind, and air filling the cabin didn’t help. But I honestly did not feel safe traveling at the rate I was. I’ve also pinpointed the on/off ramps on the highway being the most noticeable to replicate the feeling I’m trying to describe. From what I understood, the Link kit is designed to prevent that flex during these periods, and in turn keep the car firmly planted.

Carbahn Tension Strut Ball Joint Kit:

*Shout out to @m5_guy again for the info on this! Had it not been for his help, I would be waiting around for another month or so to complete the famed “ball joint kit ‘fix’” everyone has been so thrilled with.

Steve Dinan (The founder/OG of Dinan) left his namesake and started “Carbahn.” I was informed that the “Dinan” version was backordered until December 2021 (which might as well be a year in my eyes) so this was an easy sell. Super quick turnaround, and helpful folks there as well.

Performance PROS
:
YES. YES. YES. YES. FINALLY! THIS is how the F90 should feel. NIGHT AND DAY difference. I’m completely OVER THE MOON on how the M5 now feels while driving. Full confidence restored. Although I am slightly let down that this “fix” came at the cost of about 2500 bucks after parts, install, and alignment took place. Especially for an M car that was north of 150k, I’m not exactly thrilled I had to go this route to feel “right”, but boy- what a difference. The best way to describe it, imagine a V8 Go-kart, with 650 HP, and cornering capabilities of an E46 M3. Yes- I just said that

Eisenmann Lower Downpipe:

Initially, I ordered these along with the Ball kit at the same time with the Rear links. Unfortunately, just like the Ball Joint kit, the Eisenmann Lower DP were ALSO backordered until late December of this year. Now most people would brush it off and wait it out. Some folks could end up canceling the item. Me, I just went up a notch in “I want this” when I’m told “it can’t be had” scale. Time to focus…

Vivid Racing showed one on their website. For some reason, no one answered the phone at 2am (kidding). I placed yet a second order for this downpipe, only this one was a few hundred more as it was the “Black series” Version.

Then another heartbreak occurred. An email- OUT. OF. STOCK. / “nationwide backorder” were the words used.
John at @Eurowerks tells me “I have an Upper and Lower Eisenmann set I installed on a client’s car. 2500 miles later, and he decided to go with a different set up”

SOLD.

The offer was too good to pass up. I have the Upper (Primary) Downpipes in the original box and kept safe. To my knowledge, tunes are not yet confirmed or available for this car, and I’m not into the idea at all having witnessed firsthand the strain it puts on the motor with my F82, so keeping the uppers would be pointless. I haven’t decided yet if I’ll list them for sale, or how much. If you’re someone that is REALLY after an Eisenmann Upper Downpipe SPECIFICALLY, I’ll entertain an offer – shoot me a PM!

SOUND:

Significantly more crisp and throatier. The same sound of the MPE is there. But the “gargle” sound at idle is far more pronounced. Seems comical to say this, but its not “muffled” anymore. The exhaust now just talks, sings, grumbles without restriction. The restriction that seemed to choke up the RPM range climb is now gone. I find that cruising at 5k RPM in 3rd or 4th gear doesn’t seem laggy or choppy. WAY louder at cold start, which I love.

PERFORMANCE:

You can feel it. There’s no exact description for how the power delivery has all of a sudden appeared, probably because after 600+ HP, what are you REALLY going to notice, right? Wrong. In my short time driving around with the new set up, I can somewhat confidently say that the added power comes in around 4k RPM. From what I’ve been told based on previous dyno testing to an F90, the lower unit alone is good for 24 WHP. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
I’m interested in seeing how the upper unit and a proper, well tested tune would make the M5 feel.

Here is the link to the cold start comparison video I made quickly and posted to my youtube channel. still haven't figured out how to embed them here, but check it out! happy to answer all questions as usual!

Enjoy, bimmerpost!

FSHNGRY

Appreciate 1
ggunn9160.00
      12-22-2021, 12:12 AM   #15
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
With my MAJOR modifications done and behind me, I can say that I’ve spent the better part of the last few weeks REALLY enjoying the car more and more each time I’m behind the wheel. I leap at the opportunity to run an errand, more so than I recall doing with my M4, 335, etc. It’s more than just “a car”. I get this “Batman” like feeling like the Scene IN 'Batman Begins' from when Christian Bale gets into his Tumbler (Bat Mobile) and be in awe the first time he drove it, pushing the various settings and buttons in child-like amazement.

I love this thing, I really do. It’s odd, as I don’t have the words to properly express it, but If I close my eyes, I can still feel my E46 330izhp (my first BMW) in the bones of the F90, but this car is a mobile office, and a nice one at that, and it commands you hang onto the wheel with both hands when taking off. Night and day from the E46, without a doubt, but the way BMW has transformed over the years, while still building upon the core values from early generation BMW/M cars.

Living in South Florida, we are blessed with beautiful weather, yes, but with that comes a price. A salty one. Luckily, not one comparable to 90% of the other available mods for the F90, but a price, nonetheless.

I noticed while washing my car (at this point, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve cleaned this car btw) that my wheel locks/ lug nuts were no longer black as they were upon delivery. Now they stared at me in the face, in a RUST color. Yes- they were virtually ALL rusted on all 4 of the wheels. Corrosion, you son of a B****, you owe me some money.

I thought seriously about setting it on fire, right there in my driveway. After calming down, I did what anyone in this situation would do…. I called IND.

A painstaking 24 hours passed, and one of the neatest packaged boxes graced us with its arrival.

Attachment 2758255

I was initially REALLY turned off by the idea of Titanium bolts, on a Gloss black painted 789M wheel. Truth be told, I think I noticed on one of those slammed F350'S, which I always admire, but it had the same look I scoffed at. So I decided to give these a shot.

I have to say, I LOVE how it came out. Yet again, an item I scrolled passed on IND’s site for months, one that I saw no use for, pulled together what I thought was an already “perfect” project. Such a nice touch on the wheels in my opinion. I can confirm that the 80mm stud conversion kit as shown above fits a car perfectly with spacers. I am running 15mm up front and 12mm in the rear.

Shoutout to who else, Ryan@IND for sending me a Fashion Grey Anniversary Cap

Attachment 2758246

I had also decided to get my stock engine cover pieces painted. Some of you will remember that I had ordered a second set from IND and had them painted in Gloss Black with Fashion Grey Accents a few months ago. One that was photographed in my professional set. It was beautiful, but I just couldn’t believe I didn’t decide to go the other way around. What was I thinking?!

I dropped off the stock set to my boys @EUROWERKS. John and his team used pictures of my gloss black cap, to give me exactly what I think the engine bay REALLY needed. I couldn’t be happier with these two minor details, and how it has given the car a more completed look. A few quick photos this time around. Another session with my previous photographer is in the works and will be shared with the Bimmerpost community soon. I usually end these lullabies with “nothing left to do now” but we all know what happens…

Enjoy
Drive safe
FSHNGRY

Attachment 2758256

Attachment 2758257

Attachment 2758258

Attachment 2758259

Attachment 2758247

Attachment 2758249

Attachment 2758250

Attachment 2758251

Attachment 2758252

Attachment 2758253

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 12:13 AM   #16
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I finally decided that the iphone videos weren't cutting it anymore. It was now time to capture the sounds at higher speeds and I needed something secure to mount a camera on the car with.

I did what I do best, go all out.. I went to BestBuy and purchased the gopro Hero10 and virtually all attachments/mods for sale.

I used the suction cup, exterior microphone for wind noise, and the max lens mod to record my drive home one friends house to the next. The roads were near empty, so I found this to be a perfect occasion to showcase the sound profile of the F90. I was surprised when I heard how much whistling of the turbos spooling you are able to hear from the rear of the car. It is a sound I rarely hear from inside the cabin, or from the drivers seat position of the car. From the driver POV, you hear all grunt and almost no whistling. This video proved otherwise!

Mods in focus:

EXHAUST: M PERFORMANCE

DOWNPIPE: EISENMANN SECONDARY (LOWER)

INTAKE: EVENTURI V2

I would love to know how to embed the video directly in the video instead of the link.

Appreciate 1
      12-23-2021, 11:10 AM   #17
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Very impressive and detailed write up of your build.
Not that there's anything wrong with the OEM 789M wheels, but I'd love to see some sweet, preferably forged, 21" wheels on it.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      12-23-2021, 02:40 PM   #18
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Bullnose bolts / studs are glorious. Titanium bullnose are next level glorious.

I had no idea these existed.

Thank you for that.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      12-23-2021, 06:50 PM   #19
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
Very impressive and detailed write up of your build.
Not that there's anything wrong with the OEM 789M wheels, but I'd love to see some sweet, preferably forged, 21" wheels on it.
Thank you! I appreciate that!

Lately, I've had this itch for new wheels as well. I love my current 789M wheels too, But I find that I need to top it off with a proper, well respected set of wheels. I've had my eye on a small handful of sets I'd love to somehow photoshop on my car to see it on paper.

After contacting HRE- I was intimidated by the 17 week lead time currently for a set of wheels

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 06:58 PM   #20
Jakerx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp

Awesome thread and awesome car. Love the tartufo. So classy.

However, after watching your cold start video…holy shit Batman how much water came out of your exhaust?
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      12-23-2021, 07:10 PM   #21
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

You've built the ultimate M5. Perfect inside and out. Well done!
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      12-24-2021, 11:20 PM   #22
CodyAXM
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 On Order

Insane . I’m in love with all of it .
The interior looks like the most supple leather I’ve ever seen. The exhaust woke up my whole family ; they thanked me for allowing them to hear that.
Sell me this car .
Thank you
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00