BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Tire Warranty Question

01-25-2022, 10:14 PM   #1
Asaym87
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 competition

Tire Warranty Question

I have a 22 M5C and there is a nail in my rear driver side tire. If I get it repaired/plugged at anywhere but a BMW dealership, does that ruin the warranty coverage on that tire? Getting to the dealership is always a hassle and take 3x the amount of time it should.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 11:34 PM   #2
bimmerbeast9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f90 m5c

real men know how to plug a tire in 3 minutes, fill it with air, and then get an appointment at bmw for a new tire mount via warranty

but to answer your question, NO, plugging your tire by your lonesome or paying a tech at jiffylube to chip your wheel and mar your lug bolts real good after they get grime all over your steering wheel and grind some grease into your carpets just to plug a nail hole. (i'd learn to plug if i were you)

Almost everything I learned about cars has been to minimize the amount of times someone who couldnt care less about my car touches it
(i learned to change oil after 2 consecutive errors in a simple toyota)

you ever met the techs. if they can do it, i can dominate it.

warranties get voided by reckless irresponsible actions. plugging your tire so you can get to the joint to get a warranty honored is not irresponsible. its what you do!

Last edited by bimmerbeast9; 01-25-2022 at 11:41 PM..
Appreciate 0