BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    Advice on car wraps please

04-30-2022, 06:35 PM   #1
Adiiirn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [9.00]
Advice on car wraps please

I have a 2019 F90 that I want to wrap. I got a quote from a local shop that says they can do it but they want to remove the front and rear bumper, emblems, window trims, mirrors, etc. Idk if I want them to do it but since the car is used and he says it has dirt build up in those seams it would be best to remove them, clean them properly, and then wrap. Has anyone had experience with this or can I get some advice/opinion please.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 03:08 PM   #2
BMA89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiiirn View Post
I have a 2019 F90 that I want to wrap. I got a quote from a local shop that says they can do it but they want to remove the front and rear bumper, emblems, window trims, mirrors, etc. Idk if I want them to do it but since the car is used and he says it has dirt build up in those seams it would be best to remove them, clean them properly, and then wrap. Has anyone had experience with this or can I get some advice/opinion please.
I think that's pretty standard practice at any good Detailer so they can make sure they get everything covered and finished nicely
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 04:50 PM   #3
mpls_M5C
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Comp / 2021 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMA89 View Post
I think that's pretty standard practice at any good Detailer so they can make sure they get everything covered and finished nicely
I agree with BMA89. If they're taking bumpers, badging, etc. off the car they're doing it right.
It helps so that the wrap can... well, wrap all the way around the edges of the parts and not leave thin areas of paint exposed that are right next to the edges of the removed parts.
Appreciate 1
BMA89223.50
      05-19-2022, 11:53 AM   #4
AbelM5
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Yep, took my 2020 m5 comp in for a wrap and they took the same things off to do the job right. Anytime I take the car in for service or someone sees it up close I get complements on how well the wrap was applied. And just note my car only had 800 miles when I had it wrapped so I think any good shop is going to remove these parts and do it right instead of just trying to shove the wrap into the body panel separations.
Appreciate 1
BMA89223.50