BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    F90 M5 Competition Track Guide & Tips

07-06-2022, 01:30 PM   #45
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
On the early cars, it's called "M-dynamic" mode.

I don't remember what it is on the LCI cars, but mine engages when I hit the M2 button and it takes everything to track mode.

It's engaged by hitting the DSC button. DSC "off" is press and hold. And car goes nuts with warnings.

Shawn
Ah mdm, I thought you were talking about something sort of how the m8 has brake by wire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Quote:
On the early cars, it's called "M-dynamic" mode.

I don't remember what it is on the LCI cars, but mine engages when I hit the M2 button and it takes everything to track mode.

It's engaged by hitting the DSC button. DSC "off" is press and hold. And car goes nuts with warnings.

Shawn
Ah mdm, I thought you were talking about something sort of how the m8 has brake by wire.
There is a brake fade compensation if you've never felt it. When the controller feels the pedal go soft, it pumps the actuators harder. I've felt it a lot.

Shawn
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 01:31 PM   #46
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
There is a brake fade compensation if you've never felt it. When the controller feels the pedal go soft, it pumps the actuators harder. I've felt it a lot.

Shawn
Yeah I've had it happen a few times
Appreciate 0