BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Are these Vortex Perf Intakes Legit?

04-30-2024, 01:55 AM   #1
victorboost
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition

Are these Vortex Perf Intakes Legit?

Hi, just stumbled across the company Vortex Performance and noticed their cheap prices.

Are these intakes legit? These appear to come from the same supplier as RK Tunes and most other companies selling the silicon front mount intakes.

https://vortex-performance.com/shop/...n-air-filters/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 09:22 AM   #2
Stlthnmrdrd
1-800-STOCKAF
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 520i (Stock)

yes legit, people here bought from them too and said its the same as rk tunes intakes
      04-30-2024, 08:46 PM   #3
Derosnec
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, Supra GR, Macan GTS

Project gamma, RK tunes, Alibaba all the same
Appreciate 2
      04-30-2024, 10:07 PM   #4
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derosnec View Post
Was thinking of you specifically when I saw this thread and was thinking the same thing.

He’s right, OP.
      04-30-2024, 11:32 PM   #5
afo818
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F90 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 F90 Comp  [8.50]
The only difference is Alibaba will put your own logo on it for you lol
      05-01-2024, 07:35 AM   #6
johnny5ive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

I installed them about 2 months ago. Love em.

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=187
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 11:32 AM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:

We don't carry Project Gamma, and the RK tunes intake isn’t a popular item for us, so it doesn’t matter to me where you purchase it from.

However, it's a bit oversimplified to say that all products are the same as long as they are made in China. There are hundreds of factories with different qualities, prices, and fitment. Just like there is here in the US (unless you think that all factories are equal in the US as well)

I'm not familiar with the product discussed in this thread, so I can't comment on its quality. Im just opposed to the generalization in your post.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 11:58 AM   #8
Derosnec
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, Supra GR, Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
We don't carry Project Gamma, and the RK tunes intake isn’t a popular item for us, so it doesn’t matter to me where you purchase it from.

However, it's a bit oversimplified to say that all products are the same as long as they are made in China. There are hundreds of factories with different qualities, prices, and fitment. Just like there is here in the US (unless you think that all factories are equal in the US as well)

I'm not familiar with the product discussed in this thread, so I can't comment on its quality. Im just opposed to the generalization in your post.
Totally valid. Wasn’t implying all products made in china are equal in quality. Rather this particular design that he’s linked from vortex performance is identical to the Alibaba listing and the project gamma product. That being said RK Tunes while similar is slightly different in design then those two, and RK Tunes has genuinely been around for a long time now.

Either way whether they are knock offs of eachother or not, at the end of the day these are all silicon pipes with an average cone filter design. There’s nothing overly complex or any crazy R&D needed, so go with the cheapest option when deciding between these types of filters since they’re all pretty much the same.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 10:08 AM   #9
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Totally valid. Wasn’t implying all products made in china are equal in quality. Rather this particular design that he’s linked from vortex performance is identical to the Alibaba listing and the project gamma product. That being said RK Tunes while similar is slightly different in design then those two, and RK Tunes has genuinely been around for a long time now.

Either way whether they are knock offs of eachother or not, at the end of the day these are all silicon pipes with an average cone filter design. There’s nothing overly complex or any crazy R&D needed, so go with the cheapest option when deciding between these types of filters since they’re all pretty much the same.
+1

it's not a complicated design. You just need to make sure it fits correctly without any leaks, the silicone pipes are high quality and won't fail, and lastly, they use good enough filters to improve the airflow.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0