BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Does anyone know the latest you can place a factory order

11-06-2022, 12:07 AM   #1
M5Kitt23
Rep
Drives: 2022 RRS ATB 2022 Rubicon 392

Does anyone know the latest you can place a factory order

Before the V8 is killed?
I am thinking to place an order in March. My gut is by summer 2023 order banks will have closed.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2022, 12:34 PM   #2
bruza
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 M5 & '06 Volvo S60 R

EOP for the G30/ F90 is 7/23. Saw that timeframe before at least.

February/ March for non Individual build
Dec/ Jan for individual

Best to check with your CA to be safe.
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2022, 08:47 PM   #3
M5Kitt23
Rep

Gave commitment to a large volume BMW M center since early November and still no sign of allocation to place my order in sight! Checked through several M centers then and now. All say the same thing that there has been allocation for cars just not for M5.
Very frustrating! Now I’m starting to get worried that I won’t get my specific build ordered before they kill the old body. Is it Worth contacting BMW corporate and requesting my dealer get an allocation to order my car? Would they even be any help?!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 04:33 AM   #4
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Kitt23 View Post
Gave commitment to a large volume BMW M center since early November and still no sign of allocation to place my order in sight! Checked through several M centers then and now. All say the same thing that there has been allocation for cars just not for M5.
Very frustrating! Now I’m starting to get worried that I won’t get my specific build ordered before they kill the old body. Is it Worth contacting BMW corporate and requesting my dealer get an allocation to order my car? Would they even be any help?!
Lol corporate won't assign a dealer an order randomly, if they're meant to get one they will. If you want I can put you in contact with my SA (it's a dealership in NJ) and I'm 99.9% sure he'll get you a car lol. Especially if your build isn't individual. I see your profile says Florida, performance delivery in SC would be an option for you so you don't have to ship the car, or he might be able to set something up for the car to ship to another dealership as far as pickup.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 06:48 AM   #5
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Lol corporate won't assign a dealer an order randomly, if they're meant to get one they will. If you want I can put you in contact with my SA (it's a dealership in NJ) and I'm 99.9% sure he'll get you a car lol. Especially if your build isn't individual. I see your profile says Florida, performance delivery in SC would be an option for you so you don't have to ship the car, or he might be able to set something up for the car to ship to another dealership as far as pickup.
I was told there are no more M5 allocations in North America this year. I’d love to know if my dealer was lying. I hope he asks you to get him one and you come through.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 01:17 PM   #6
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I was told there are no more M5 allocations in North America this year. I’d love to know if my dealer was lying. I hope he asks you to get him one and you come through.
Just because there are no more allocations doesn't mean there are no more cars, just something to keep in mind. Where there's a will there's a way.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2022, 03:05 PM   #7
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Just because there are no more allocations doesn't mean there are no more cars, just something to keep in mind. Where there's a will there's a way.
I understand but when buying a car of this caliber, I just can’t justify spending the money unless it’s 100% what I want and the only way to do that is to get an allocation. I agree there are still new ones on the lot with remarkably boring builds that you can still buy.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2022, 03:06 PM   #8
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I understand but when buying a car of this caliber, I just can’t justify spending the money unless it’s 100% what I want and the only way to do that is to get an allocation. I agree there are still new ones on the lot with remarkably boring builds that you can still buy.
I agree, just because allocations are no longer being sent out (which I doubt) doesn't mean all hope is lost for building one.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 03:12 PM   #9
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I just spoke to my dealer he's gonna double check and get back to me probably tomorrow but he said he doesn't see any reason why he couldn't order you guys cars.
Appreciate 2
      12-19-2022, 03:49 PM   #10
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Patton250 M5Kitt23 just got confirmation that my dealer can order you BOTH cars if you'd like his info, just pm me.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2022, 03:52 PM   #11
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

It's a good day for the MOC. Maybe I can work a discount from him now.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 05:09 PM   #12
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
It's a good day for the MOC. Maybe I can work a discount from him now.
Lol good luck! Lmk how that turns out🤣
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1310.50
      12-19-2022, 06:58 PM   #13
M5Kitt23
Rep

Thanks guys appreciate all the commentary and feedback. That’s exactly my stance.
If I am going to drop nearly $150k all in; I want to get my M5 exactly the way I want!
Plus, I Definitely don’t want to just settle for a base option semi expensive car sitting on a dealers lot now.
I am very specific on the equipment and color combo so securing an allocation is my only viable option. Just growing impatient because I know how much time will be required for an individual color on top of normal build. Time isn’t on my side so I need to get my order in sooner than later.
Appreciate 1
micvite1540.00
      12-19-2022, 07:21 PM   #14
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks guys appreciate all the commentary and feedback. That's exactly my stance.
If I am going to drop nearly $150k all in; I want to get my M5 exactly the way I want!
Plus, I Definitely don't want to just settle for a base option semi expensive car sitting on a dealers lot now.
I am very specific on the equipment and color combo so securing an allocation is my only viable option. Just growing impatient because I know how much time will be required for an individual color on top of normal build. Time isn't on my side so I need to get my order in sooner than later.
I don't know how specific your build is (especially if you've gone Individual) but, I ordered my car (admittedly with more "standard" colors/options) because I wanted it how I wanted it. I then ended up finding my exact spec to the T, 6 states away about 2 1/2 months after I placed my order. It was more expensive than my ordered car (though not by enough to prevent me from acquiring it), but it was sitting right there. I ended up getting it a little over a week later after talking them out of an insane ADM.

Keep your eye out in case you do find your exact build (again, if you're going for more typical colors/options) and you can have it within days, even if in another state.

If you come back and tell me you want to order Frozen Twilight Purple with full Tartufo, MPE, CCBs, and a sunroof, then obviously this won't be possible, but something to keep in mind.
      12-19-2022, 07:23 PM   #15
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks guys appreciate all the commentary and feedback. That’s exactly my stance.
Plus, I Definitely don’t want to just settle for a base option semi expensive car sitting on a dealers lot now.
I am very specific on the equipment and color combo so securing an allocation is my only viable option. Just growing impatient because I know how much time will be required for an individual color on top of normal build. Time isn’t on my side so I need to get my order in sooner than later.
Yeah all of my cars have been individual and even without an allocation I always got my production number either a few days later or a week or so at most. I think nerdogray had a bit longer of a wait, but nowhere near 2 months like yours... it really depends on the dealer and what relations they have though in terms of getting cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 08:41 PM   #16
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

I reached out mid-August to get the ball rolling. I'm not entirely sure if he had an allocation then or had to fish around for one, but he gave me a production number on 9/22, so a little over a month later. It started actual production first part of November and is on a ship now, due to arrive at port in a few days. I'm doing the PCD thing, so I would guess maybe mid-late January? Total guess.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 12:26 AM   #17
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
I reached out mid-August to get the ball rolling. I'm not entirely sure if he had an allocation then or had to fish around for one, but he gave me a production number on 9/22, so a little over a month later. It started actual production first part of November and is on a ship now, due to arrive at port in a few days. I'm doing the PCD thing, so I would guess maybe mid-late January? Total guess.
If it'll be at port in a few days, assuming no stop sale you'll take delivery in 1-2 weeks (at least that's how mine was lol) so early to mid Jan would be my bet.

Yeah I thought yours took a little longer for you to get your nr, but still 1 month and getting the car vs 2 and not even having a car🤣. If I had to guess, based on the fact they recently got a white m5 on the floor, is that was supposed to be yours but ended up getting locked in and not being able to modified anymore by the time everything was decided.

I'm hearing mine should go into production March (stupid interior)🤣 can't wait to see some pics of yours!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 07:28 AM   #18
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
If it'll be at port in a few days, assuming no stop sale you'll take delivery in 1-2 weeks (at least that's how mine was lol) so early to mid Jan would be my bet.

Yeah I thought yours took a little longer for you to get your nr, but still 1 month and getting the car vs 2 and not even having a car🤣. If I had to guess, based on the fact they recently got a white m5 on the floor, is that was supposed to be yours but ended up getting locked in and not being able to modified anymore by the time everything was decided.

I'm hearing mine should go into production March (stupid interior)🤣 can't wait to see some pics of yours!
What did you do to your interior?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 07:49 AM   #19
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Yours is... intense. Definitely will be the only one of its kind. Mine is true to self... just another variation of grey, blacked out, with all the carbon fiber and MPE. No CCB's, though. Cost aside, I hate how the gold calipers just stick out and clash (to me) with the surrounding colors.

Last edited by nerdogray; 12-20-2022 at 07:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
micvite1540.00
      12-20-2022, 11:12 AM   #20
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Just got a final sheet back and confirmed everything on mine is exactly what I wanted. MOC said he is giving out 0% discounts to everyone that gets in touch with him today, so don't delay.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 07:46 PM   #21
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
What did you do to your interior?
Red
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2022, 06:57 AM   #22
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Red
How in the world did you get that? It wasn’t an option in the back end for me. I could add all the carbon parts and things like that but changing the interior wasn’t an option.
Appreciate 1