BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    shop recommendations in Philly PA area

10-31-2023, 01:49 PM   #1
F90Finn
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp Rosso corsa

shop recommendations in Philly PA area

Ordering a set of resonator delete pipes and secondary down pipes, looking for a reputable shop to have it installed at. Has anyone else had these 2 installed and how much did they charge for labor? Also secondary down pipes alone won’t trigger CEL correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 03:33 PM   #2
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

The down pipes can be a pain. It takes a little work to expose them. They can be stuck in the exhaust under the car, difficult to unbolt and bolt to the lower support brackets, and sometimes a little difficult to fit together (secondary to primary). If everything went perfectly, 2-3 hours seems reasonable. If there is a bunch of fiddling, 6 hours is possible.

I watched a utube where the guy beat the secondary out of the exhaust under the car with a hammer. That probably ruins the cat in it. If you ever need to make the car legal again, such as to sell it, that downpipe probably costs $1k to $2k. I took my time.

No CEL, but it’s still not legal and makes a minimal power difference on a car without a tune. You might hear a faint turbo whistle at low rpm, though, and that is fun.
Appreciate 0