BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Wheel Locks

12-08-2020, 06:19 PM   #1
Juceman
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Wheel Locks

Anybody using these? As with anything, nothing is for certain when it comes to preventing wheel theft (I'm no stranger to this btw). In conjunction I'm also running the BMW version, but these are actually really decent so far. Mainly because they appear to be less susceptible to hammer and break spinning cylinder that the mcGuard ones are. The seat for the lock is the outer ring and sits deep in the wheel with little chance or no obvious way to hammer a socket on to it. I'm not sure about using drill bits to remove it, but that's just more frustrating to the would be thief.

Btw, when I used the mcGuard on my 370z back in the day with two other wheel locks (3 in total). They definitely did the job, as one would be thief let me know after breaking my window and leaving me a note. Anyway they finally got the wheels because I left the damn lug nut keys in the car after an inspection. Yup, broke the window again, but this time found the keys to get the wheels off . Hopefully my new solution with the key to the wheels now on my key chain will prevent that from ever happening again.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 05:59 AM   #2
Ryno 27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition, X5 M50i

Mine came with the car, using OEM BMW wheel locks
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 06:09 AM   #3
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Thanks for the tip not to put wheel lock tool in glove box. I will not go as far as to put the tool on my key chain, but it needs to be well hidden somewhere in the car.
Appreciate 0