BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums UK    Joined the M5 club

03-13-2023, 05:24 AM   #23
Rza000
Rep
Drives: BMW M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmonafarm View Post
Thanks guys! Picked up from Coventry! Little bit disappointed though . On driving home I noticed the the wheel isn’t straight. Quite strange. I need to turn it slightly off centre to the left in order for the car to go straight. It also came up with a RDC tyre monitoring failure? I was two hours into the drive home so didn’t have time to take it back. Will take to Sytner Cardiff Monday to see if they can fix it. Also, I noticed the rear exhaust doesn’t look like a standard M5C exhaust. I think it’s after market and they haven’t noticed? If I upload pictures would someone take a look and let me know? I only noticed last night when showing my dad on the drive!

Thanks all - other than that she is some car, surprisingly quiet to drive and a really comfortable cockpit to be.
Sorry to hear, you would have thought these things would be caught in their so called checks! I hope you get it identified and sorted.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 05:25 AM   #24
Rza000
Rep
Drives: BMW M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichF90M5C View Post
Get a faraday box to keep your keys in at night. I’ve seen on our CCTV that this was a great investment.
Yeah I have one of those too for extra security thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 12:01 PM   #25
PaulT_M5
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F90

A while ago, I read that all BMW keyless entry keys since around mid 2018 go to sleep after around 2 minutes. Provided the key isn't moved after going to sleep, they're not vulnerable to keyless entry signal amplification as as they don't emit any signal to amplify.

I got my car in September 2018, but it was actually built in May 2018, so I tested this myself.

I walked up to the car, put the key on a stool next to the drivers' door, unlocked and then locked the door. I then didn't touch the key for 2 minutes and couldn't unlock the car after that time using the keyless entry. I then picked the key up, put it back in the same position and could then use the keyless entry again.
M5 London338.50
      06-02-2023, 08:24 AM   #26
MikeFish
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rza000 View Post
Hi all,

I picked up my 'used' M5C on Friday. Picking up cars never gets old, all that excitement and anticipation, love it! About the car, it is a year old example with approx 7k miles in Brands Hatch Grey, Silverstone leather and comes with comfort pack. I do miss not having radar cruise, but it was hard to find a suitable car with tech pack unfortunately. As from my previous post, I am coming from an Audi SQ7 (petrol v8), great car but having owned SUVs for a number of years, I was a little bored and wanted to get back to a more enjoyable car. Not only is this my first M car, it is my first BMW. As I am a little late to the game, there is not much more or different I can provide as way of feedback, you all know all the details and there are some wonderful posts here detailing this way better than I can ever. But I will share some personal thoughts below;

Power and luxury - The power is so addictive and probably too much for the road. The acceleration is brutal, the kids love it
Handling - As I am coming from an SUV, most cars will feel better handling wise, I just love how easy this goes round bends, roundabouts and corners
Tech - I love having buttons (I know the newest versions are going all digital), the screens and idrive are really nice and so easy to use, I missed having a click wheel too. It is so much better than my Audi with the configurations, settings and info available. My Audi did not even have tyre pressure monitors!
Quality - I feel the quality is of a much higher standard than the Audi (the Audi was great), leather feels better, there is more of it too.
Sound - I know non LCI sounded better, but I am loving the sound here, SQ7 was ok, but the is so much better.
App - I find the app is better than the Audi too, plus having a digital key on phone is great just in case.
Seats - I love the front seats, so comfortable and hold you in place. Lots of adjustments
Head Up display - Fantastic and huge so much better in ether standard or sport mode.
Other - The auto hold is soo much better than previous car. So is stop start but I don't use this.

Not so good:
I don't like you can't switch off the comfort access as I could in my previous car
Unable to change the tilt angle of passenger mirror when reversing (again I could in Audi)
Having manual child locks in rear doors (Audi you could switch them on and off electronically via a switch
Rear seat space for such a large car is a bit small. I know the front seats take a lot of room.
Drivers display - limited configuration options

Getting Familiar:
The fat steering wheel, still trying to get used to it.
I miss the rear wheel steering of my car as the turning circle on the M5 is much longer

Congrats, that's a lovely looking car.
I have also recently bought an M5. I should probably start my own thread on it, but though it's funny how handling is on your list of things you love whereas its on my list of things I don't love. I guess it very much depends what you previous car was.

I have the Bimmercode app and a couple of OBD dongles. Happy to help code the mirrors when I'm next passing oxford on the way back from London.

As stated already, you can turn the comfort access off using the idrive menu, but as also stated, the key goes to sleep after a short while. I tested it and it does work so no need for a faraday pouch (I guess some people will still use one to be safe).
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2023, 03:28 PM   #27
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Just to say, OP, nice to know there's another M5 Comp wafting around the increasingly puritanical anti-automobile zone known as Oxford: hope to be giving you a thumbs up in solidarity someday...!

D

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2023, 11:43 AM   #28
Thresherinc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5, MB SLK 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rza000 View Post
Thanks, I have these options, I was looking for one to completely turn off keyless entry etc. But its fine as I have found out the key stops sending a signal after so many seconds.
Buy yourself a Faraday box and put your keys in it, I walk in, drop the keys in and sleep soundly.
Appreciate 0