BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    MOTOMANTV 2022 BMW M5 CS: Few cars are this impressive!

11-06-2021, 03:16 PM   #1
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
MOTOMANTV 2022 BMW M5 CS: Few cars are this impressive!

Good discussion of the sum of all of its parts; the reviewer reinforces that this variation feels significantly different from the M5 and M5C models

Popcorn ready for the comments to follow that says its just an M5C with different interior
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 05:10 PM   #2
MSchfiftyFive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
Popcorn ready for the comments to follow that says its just an M5C with different interior
Who says that? Nobody in this forum that knows anything about an M5. Not sure anyone has over-simplified it that much.

It's without a doubt the best track (as in circuit) version of the M5, it's the most connected (though for an M5 that's still not very compared to other cars) to the road, it feels the most "alive" due to the removed sound deadening and lighter weight, it's tuned to the edge and nobody disputes that. ...it's also not really any faster in a straight line (at least measured so far) than the M5C, it's lacking all of the creature comforts most people think a car that starts at 10K over a maxed out M5C should come with; massaging seats, 360 camera, park and traffic jam assist, advanced cruise control. Feels like beating a dead horse w/ these videos and trying to justify your choice. Are you sure you're happy?

If we're both stuck in traffic, I'm gonna be chilling and getting a full body massage while the car literally drives itself (steers, brakes, accelerates, changes lanes when there an opening) while you also crawl along at 5MPH, super stoked you paid extra to not have any of those features. Haha, everyone's situation is different, the M is my only car and I live in a busy city with busy traffic 90% of the time. The CS is both more expensive and useless here - doesn't make it not awesome at what it does, and nobody should simplify that down to "a different interior" Be happy with your choice and the differences that exist, also know many considered (and could have bought) that version but didn't because of all of the shortcomings and compromises.
      11-06-2021, 06:05 PM   #3
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
There's been a few negative comments (not from you)
Just sharing the content as the reviewer put it in words better than I could express it- regarding results from the overall sum of all
of the changes
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2021, 09:59 PM   #4
MSchfiftyFive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M5 Comp

I always like Motoman's takes, this was a good one all the same. If I still lived in AZ w/ big wide open (new) roads and a big ass garage with my second daily commuter car...I would have picked the CS as the fun only car, without a doubt. Wouldn't miss all of the creature comforts I mentioned because my daily could have them and it's not a requirement to get in and out and have fun.

Out here in the busy city w/ shitty roads and w/ room for only one car that must have the features I mentioned to even reliably park in the tight parking spots as well as make being regularly stuck in traffic and long drives 200% better, the Comp was as far as I could take it and not regret the decision.

That said, anyone that says the CS isn't the most aggressively tuned, track capable evolution of the M5 till date is speaking crazy talk.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2021, 02:29 AM   #5
SFT33
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E28, E34, E60 & F10 M5s

It’s a cool car and I am glad they made it. However, the interior and exterior color choices along with the bronze trim ruin it for me. Too boy racer to actually drive on a daily basis.
Appreciate 3
Slugsy01155.50
bubbaboy107.50
PDOT119.50
      11-07-2021, 05:49 AM   #6
Asaym87
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT33 View Post
It’s a cool car and I am glad they made it. However, the interior and exterior color choices along with the bronze trim ruin it for me. Too boy racer to actually drive on a daily basis.

Agree with this. The lack of choice in color was a bit surprising. The rose gold/bronze trim looked like something an 18 year old would do to their car. Also there is that God awful 'CS' decal on the dash that looks absolutely terrible. Ended up going with the M5C as a result
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 06:13 AM   #7
neoprufrok
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

I was in a position to take a CS and I love the car. I may still buy one in the future. It is the best iteration of pure performance M5 there is and ever was… if that’s what you think an M5 should be for. But I’ve never felt an M5 is for pure canyon carving or track blasting… I have other cars for that. I do need a car that can drive to LA and back to the Bay Area monthly, that can carry my in-laws when they visit in town, that can load some stuff from Home Depot (with backseats that drop - that’s super helpful) and can provide me a engaging (not strong) massage on the way back home from the hospital after a day of standing in the OR. A CS will never do that.

Now… that being said… if I had to choose just one car for daily work and occasional track day fun… the CS would be on offer…. but it then has to compete with Porsche’s 4 door/4 seat offerings, AMG GT, and others. Or you can probably reasonably come close to a CS performance wise with mods.. maybe as we slowly try to figure out what exactly they did to the M5C to get to the CS.
2018 Porsche Graphite Blue Metallic GT3 Touring Manthey Racing and Akrapovic
2018 BMW Yas Marina Blue M4 Competition Convertible
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2021, 09:02 AM   #8
Chicane_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 CS + other stuff

I didn't even know my M5 has massaging seats.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 09:14 AM   #9
will0621
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5c, 20 X3MC, 20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicane_ View Post
You're not missing out on much by not using it. On a scale of 1 to 10 the strength of the massaging seats are about a 1 lol.

I guess they may do enough to help stimulate blood flow but that's about it.

Though I do get it from a safety standpoint you shouldn't be getting a deep tissue massage while driving.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #10
MNoob
Grand Duke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CSL

Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by will0621 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicane_ View Post
You're not missing out on much by not using it. On a scale of 1 to 10 the strength of the massaging seats are about a 1 lol.

I guess they may do enough to help stimulate blood flow but that's about it.

Though I do get it from a safety standpoint you shouldn't be getting a deep tissue massage while driving.
Someone on this forum described it as "active seating" which is as accurate as it is hilarious. I use it on long drives and it does help reduce the effects of sitting for a long time. Speaking solely from the over 50 perspective.
VPRKLR63.00
      11-07-2021, 10:54 AM   #11
tjlees
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 Chav Mobile

M5cs should have had ability to put back some of the.deleted equipment - like porsche does on their GTs.

BTF on the M5C, it is freaking awesome on track (to quote tyres review man on youtube) so the M5 CS must be god like.

Still can't get over the front end grip of the M5C on track and its playful nature. Handling is pretty good as well, though not quite upto Porsche standards.

The 50kg weight after the wheels/ceramics is mainly down to the carbonising, so adding a bit of equipment through the option list wouldn't have added too much weight and made it more of a daily/only car possibility

#FirstWorldProblem I need massaging/cooled/heated seats and driver professional options fitted
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 02:05 PM   #12
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

This car is a beast. From 90km to 170km in a blink of an eye.
Appreciate 0