BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    after the CD comparo, anyone choose Blackwing?

10-29-2021, 03:27 PM   #23
MSchfiftyFive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92hunter View Post
Yeah but the C7Z has like 700 lbs on the M5 with more HP/TQ from the factory. One would expect it to pull on the M5 at any speed especially with the weight penalty. Plus the M5 was completely stock versus a modded C7Z.
W/O a doubt the M5C puts down it's rated numbers to the rear wheels compared to every dyno of it ever, so it's more like 680HP/TQ, totally stock.

The C7Z absolutely rips from a dig...one time, hah. That engine heat soaks like crazy and it's down 10-15% on power after a single run w/o a long cool down. The M5 also has gearing built for top speed Autobahn driving in Germany, add all of that up and that's why there's several YT videos of the C7Z getting walked by stock M5's, the C7Z is pretty disadvantaged, modded or not.

The new C8Z on the other hand...more traction, same power from an NA motor that revs out to 8600RPM w/ way better body cooling which essentially eliminates the heat soak issue and GM didn't handicap it with the transmission this time - that's going to be a much tougher car to chase down.
      10-29-2021, 04:35 PM   #24
SFT33
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E28, E34, E60 & F10 M5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
You know what else is sad, and mildly disturbing? you constantly seeking out my posts. Daddy isn't interested in Cadillac, CS on the way.

Having owned a GM product before, it's not so bad. Get off your high horses.
Everytime I read a post and think - what a jackass - it’s you! You’re hard to miss.
Appreciate 2
      10-31-2021, 06:09 AM   #25
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchfiftyFive View Post
W/O a doubt the M5C puts down it's rated numbers to the rear wheels compared to every dyno of it ever, so it's more like 680HP/TQ, totally stock.

The C7Z absolutely rips from a dig...one time, hah. That engine heat soaks like crazy and it's down 10-15% on power after a single run w/o a long cool down. The M5 also has gearing built for top speed Autobahn driving in Germany, add all of that up and that's why there's several YT videos of the C7Z getting walked by stock M5's, the C7Z is pretty disadvantaged, modded or not.

The new C8Z on the other hand...more traction, same power from an NA motor that revs out to 8600RPM w/ way better body cooling which essentially eliminates the heat soak issue and GM didn't handicap it with the transmission this time - that's going to be a much tougher car to chase down.

My C7Z did fine for roll racing in florida heat. Trapped the same after 3-4 back to back runs in florida heat. Course racing was where the problems occur for the Auto Z.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 05:24 PM   #26
FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

Quote:
lol, hardly anyone on this forum can appreciate anything other than a BMW. Which is pretty sad.
Wow. Such a forum troll.

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 05:29 PM   #27
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:
this is all i'm saying.....
No - that's not what you said. Quite the contrary - you are negative, spiteful and load almost every post with invective.

By your own admission you aren't in the M5 camp - your father is. Possibly. Maybe. But not you. Yet here you are making noise just to rattle others and kick sand around. Forum troll, through and through.

Appreciate 1
      10-31-2021, 06:13 PM   #28
MSchfiftyFive
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
My C7Z did fine for roll racing in florida heat. Trapped the same after 3-4 back to back runs in florida heat. Course racing was where the problems occur for the Auto Z.
1-2 runs back to back roll racing out here, in the PNW cold, they're finicky engines at best. My friend's boss has one and we've played around twice now, it's not even close. I've got the JB4 but only running map 1 on pump 92 (so about 10.4 @ 131) and we've run from ~60 and a dig. Cold, it momentarily keeps up from a dig (we didn't use LC), but he always wants a lengthy cool down in between, and it still gets gapped. We did back to back 60 rolls and the 2nd run he just let off because, "heat soak was so bad", his words.

GM admitted how bad the heat soak was (due to the supercharger) in the most recent C8Z development video, it's not just on a circuit, you've got to give them lots of breather room for reliable best times. C8Z w/ that legit DCT and NA fire breathing flat plane V8 will be another story though, will be fun to give it a go.
      11-01-2021, 07:01 AM   #29
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
1-2 runs back to back roll racing out here, in the PNW cold, they're finicky engines at best. My friend's boss has one and we've played around twice now, it's not even close. I've got the JB4 but only running map 1 on pump 92 (so about 10.4 @ 131) and we've run from ~60 and a dig. Cold, it momentarily keeps up from a dig (we didn't use LC), but he always wants a lengthy cool down in between, and it still gets gapped. We did back to back 60 rolls and the 2nd run he just let off because, "heat soak was so bad", his words.

GM admitted how bad the heat soak was (due to the supercharger) in the most recent C8Z development video, it's not just on a circuit, you've got to give them lots of breather room for reliable best times. C8Z w/ that legit DCT and NA fire breathing flat plane V8 will be another story though, will be fun to give it a go.

The LT4 is far from "finicky" it's the cooling thats the issue. You haven't had one, your boss has one, and he's one sample size..

again, a 60 roll is great for f90. A 40-45 is not...

Take off jb4 and run him from a 45 and watch what happens. Make sure you post the video.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 07:02 AM   #30
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourPtDrift View Post
No - that's not what you said. Quite the contrary - you are negative, spiteful and load almost every post with invective.

By your own admission you aren't in the M5 camp - your father is. Possibly. Maybe. But not you. Yet here you are making noise just to rattle others and kick sand around. Forum troll, through and through.

yup, thats me.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 08:35 AM   #31
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:

Yep, I've noticed that quite a bit with this guy. It's not even preferring another car, it's the fact that he is ALWAYS against the M5 no matter what car it is.

Maybe he's in the "I wish I had the car and now troll the forum because I don't" camp?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 10:03 AM   #32
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
Yep, I've noticed that quite a bit with this guy. It's not even preferring another car, it's the fact that he is ALWAYS against the M5 no matter what car it is.

Maybe he's in the "I wish I had the car and now troll the forum because I don't" camp?

720S on the way, hardly wishing i had an f90..

once again, what i;m trying to say is completely eluding most of you.
Appreciate 1
ashmostro1254.00
      11-01-2021, 10:12 AM   #33
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
The black wing was never an option for me. No offense to black wing lovers but I just don't fancy it. The cars I was cross shopping were the M8 GC and Porsche Taycan 4S or a stripped Turbo. In hind sight, I made the right decision. There's nothing more thrilling than my M5 competition as a daily driver. No regrets here.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 10:14 AM   #34
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbeast7 View Post
Quote:
Let's be honest. Any serious person in the market for a daily driver would not pick the Blackwing unless they are trying to save money or are getting a steep discount. If they are trying to say that the Blackwing is the better value, I can understand that argument. Only people who read automotive magazines and lust over these cars without an intention of ever buying one would say they would pick the Blackwing - but at the end of the day where the money is spent and sales figures speak for themselves.

Keep in mind that M5 buyers are not your average joe customers who are buying a 530i. The M5 buyer is typically an enthusiast who does a lot of research and cross shops cars before spending $100k+.

The people who typically post in this thread and are saying they would pick the Cadillac don't own an M5 - otherwise they would have saved money and (in their opinion) bought the better car.
winning statement.

but hey anybody getting on that gorgeous corvette z06 wagon?

flat plane v8 sounds good
670hp at crank, but same torque as standard ..
i was thinking i might do a z06 but god they made it uglier
and its still getting gapped on the highway
I love the z06 and I want to get one seriously. I'm just not paying over sticker for it.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2021, 10:44 AM   #35
MSchfiftyFive
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The LT4 is far from "finicky" it's the cooling thats the issue. You haven't had one, your boss has one, and he's one sample size..

again, a 60 roll is great for f90. A 40-45 is not...

Take off jb4 and run him from a 45 and watch what happens. Make sure you post the video.
Friend's boss, not my boss, and say whatever you need to say to make excuses and feel better about that finicky C7Z LT4 as it's getting walked by a stock M5 even if it's modded w/ FBO, let alone a barely touched M5 running a piggyback - you guys sound like you'd get along great!
      11-01-2021, 10:59 AM   #36
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Friend's boss, not my boss, and say whatever you need to say to make excuses and feel better about that finicky C7Z LT4 as it's getting walked by a stock M5 even if it's modded w/ FBO, let alone a barely touched M5 running a piggyback - you guys sound like you'd get along great!

run him from a 40 and post the video. I'll wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 11:25 AM   #37
M5C_Uber_Alles
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
The black wing was never an option for me. No offense to black wing lovers but I just don't fancy it. The cars I was cross shopping were the M8 GC and Porsche Taycan 4S or a stripped Turbo. In hind sight, I made the right decision. There's nothing more thrilling than my M5 competition as a daily driver. No regrets here.
Similar situation to myself, I was cross shopping between the M8GC or a E63s. I really wanted to love the E63s but I’m done with Mercedes. I used to be solely in their camp but lately I really just don’t like what they’re doing. The E63s did sound sweet but that’s about it, glad I went with the M5 comp, don’t regret a thing.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2021, 11:51 AM   #38
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yup, thats me.
You probably think your reply is clever. All you're doing is solidifying the audit trail of your character.

Appreciate 1
      11-01-2021, 11:57 AM   #39
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:

No no no - he's "too good" for an M5. He's said so before - and as is evident in this thread, he'll say it again.

YET - here he is, slumming it with us M5 owners.

Florida has some lovely attributes - but it's also known for the dim-wit known in the opening words of so many headlines, "Florida Man..."

Looks like we have our very own "Florida Man" posting for our entertainment. Most likely, however, it's "Florida Boy" in Trevor's case.

Appreciate 1
      11-01-2021, 12:01 PM   #40
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:
720S on the way, hardly wishing i had an f90..
Right on cue. There's the humility we were looking for from Florida Boy.

What kind of weak sauce position are you in? Real money would have had the 720S without waiting.

Quote:
once again, what i;m trying to say is completely eluding most of you.
Here's a thought Florida Boy - maybe nothing is eluding your audience and you're just a poor communicator?

Appreciate 1
      11-01-2021, 12:08 PM   #41
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MSchfiftyFive , don't post anything. Curious to see how long Florida Boy will "wait."

Last edited by FourPtDrift; 11-01-2021 at 12:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 12:26 PM   #42
MSchfiftyFive
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

You don't even have to wait! 50 and 60 rolls...stock M5C gapped this "stock" C7Z. That same stock M5C was in the other video you didn't watch, and gapped a totally different C7Z by the same distance from 60, except that one needed FBO, including long tube headers and a 93 octane tune to not win, so I doubt the first car was actually "stock", but clearly both C7Z drivers get their clothes at the Gap.

Show up at your next meet and only race people from a 30 roll, kill it at 60, and don't count anything else or your losses. That's how the C7Z boys get 'em, perfect record!

Sorry FourPtDrift - couldn't resist, he just makes it too easy.
      11-01-2021, 12:36 PM   #43
FourPtDrift
United_States
Rep

Quote:

You don't even have to wait! 50 and 60 rolls...stock M5C gapped this "stock" C7Z. That same stock M5C was in the other video you didn't watch, and gapped a totally different C7Z by the same distance from 60, except that one needed FBO, including long tube headers and a 93 octane tune to not win, so I doubt the first car was actually "stock", but clearly both C7Z drivers get their clothes at the Gap.

Show up at your next meet and only race people from a 30 roll, kill it at 60, and don't count anything else or your losses. That's how the C7Z boys get 'em, perfect record!

Sorry FourPtDrift - couldn't resist, he just makes it too easy.
You're right of course. Florida Boy is just steamy because he really wanted a Senna (you know, for his superior driving skills) and got downgraded to the 720.

Appreciate 2
      11-01-2021, 12:47 PM   #44
MSchfiftyFive
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You're right of course. Florida Boy is just steamy because he really wanted a Senna (you know, for his superior driving skills) and got downgraded to the 720.
Bastard 720 piece of garbage. 😂 I don't know what it's like to have "family money", so I'm stuck in my ho-hum M5. Most pedestrian.

Haha, I've noticed his posts too, and you have to expect to take some shit when you come to an M5 forum and try to act like you're the only person that's considered other brands/know that other options exist (for the real enthusiast that wants a do-it-all four door supercar, that's WHY so many of us have chosen the M5, it's that good compared to everything else sub 200K), while also acting like said opinion makes you somehow superior. It doesn't, and you just come off as salty that the M5 is as good as it is, for what it is. Shit on it all you want m'man, we'll keep posting videos of it winning.