BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    So I guess we are at the point that you can't find a car for MSRP?

10-24-2021, 12:31 AM   #23
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by weefmower View Post
I was able to buy an M5C at sticker today off the showroom floor. Only half a point markup on the financing. Didn't mind paying the half point given how nuts the market is right now. Will end up selling it in a year or two max.
What dealer even had one?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 01:14 AM   #24
m5eattle
human
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by weefmower View Post
I was able to buy an M5C at sticker today off the showroom floor. Only half a point markup on the financing. Didn't mind paying the half point given how nuts the market is right now. Will end up selling it in a year or two max.
What dealer even had one?
BMW Portland. It was a dealer build, not a cancelled customer order. No M Driver nor Driving Assistance Plus. I can live without those options.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 06:51 AM   #25
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanos84 View Post
Now is a TERRIBLE time to buy pretty much anything but especially luxury items. It's just ridiculous the gouging going on. I'm a Swiss watch enthusiast and I watched this same sort of thing happen years ago, mainly w/ Rolex, and it's still going strong. Nothing can be had for msrp anymore. So sad... supply and demand is a real bitch...
This is horrible in the watch industry. With watches there is a significant secondary market that in my opinion has just ruined everything. I have given up hope of being able to purchase the watch I want. Maybe in 5 years things will change.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 12:30 PM   #26
vanos84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
This is horrible in the watch industry. With watches there is a significant secondary market that in my opinion has just ruined everything. I have given up hope of being able to purchase the watch I want. Maybe in 5 years things will change.
It's amazing how quick things change. The flippers control the market now. If you're looking for a specific Rolex professional model then it's next to impossible to get it from a dealer. Of course you can always go down to the grey market dealers and take huge hit over msrp. I did that once and will never do it again. The only reason I did it is because I bought a Submariner years ago and was able to almost double my profit when I traded it and put that back into a new watch.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 12:48 PM   #27
Jambo1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C /// 2023 XDrive40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
This is sadly the state of the market. I'm buying a 2022 M5C in DFW for MSRP - it's on a boat from Germany as of right now.
I've never paid retail for a car (and don't have an opportunity to lease based on my mileage needs), and was basically told "take it or leave it" as I was mid sentence in lamenting about paying MSRP. So feeling guilty for splurging $135K - but really wanted the LCI version, and can't find a used one anywhere. It doesn't have B&W either. Grrr.
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2021, 05:13 PM   #28
Namelss
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo1 View Post
This is sadly the state of the market. I'm buying a 2022 M5C in DFW for MSRP - it's on a boat from Germany as of right now.
I've never paid retail for a car (and don't have an opportunity to lease based on my mileage needs), and was basically told "take it or leave it" as I was mid sentence in lamenting about paying MSRP. So feeling guilty for splurging $135K - but really wanted the LCI version, and can't find a used one anywhere. It doesn't have B&W either. Grrr.
Yeah, I’ve never paid MSRP either. The last car I purchased there was $15k in discounts and incentives. I figure I’ve done ok over my automotive purchasing history so now it’s time to pay lol.

When did you order yours? I almost went through Sewell in Dallas but my local store was able to secure an allocation for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 07:07 PM   #29
Jambo1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C /// 2023 XDrive40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namelss View Post
Yeah, I’ve never paid MSRP either. The last car I purchased there was $15k in discounts and incentives. I figure I’ve done ok over my automotive purchasing history so now it’s time to pay lol.

When did you order yours? I almost went through Sewell in Dallas but my local store was able to secure an allocation for me.
This is Sewell BMW Grapevine. It wasn’t exactly an order by me per se, but rather followed up with my salesperson and his boss happened to have one getting on the ship from Germany. So close to what I want in spec - but still reeling over having to pay full price.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 07:21 PM   #30
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo1 View Post
This is Sewell BMW Grapevine. It wasn’t exactly an order by me per se, but rather followed up with my salesperson and his boss happened to have one getting on the ship from Germany. So close to what I want in spec - but still reeling over having to pay full price.
Hope to see you around the DFW when your car arrives. I go to Sewell for service. Did you try any of the other dealerships in DFW? I ordered my car back in November 2020 so sizeable discounts were still available at that time.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 05:30 AM   #31
M5C_Uber_Alles
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoob View Post
Remember the M4 GTS? People paid absurd markup on those and it didn't get any of the positive press the M5CS does.
Good point.
I guess I got very lucky on my 22 M5C. It was literally days before shit hit the fan, and I got 7K off sticker from a nearby dealer that I had not previously done business with. Now it seems like people are thanking their sales advisor if they’re not offering their first born.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 07:51 AM   #32
m5eattle
human
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5C_Uber_Alles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoob View Post
Remember the M4 GTS? People paid absurd markup on those and it didn't get any of the positive press the M5CS does.
Good point.
I guess I got very lucky on my 22 M5C. It was literally days before shit hit the fan, and I got 7K off sticker from a nearby dealer that I had not previously done business with. Now it seems like people are thanking their sales advisor if they’re not offering their first born.
A lot has changed in 20 months.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #33
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

also MB has stopped E63 production, so that increased the demand on the M5.
I got 10% off my 2019 M5C in the good old days
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2021, 10:12 PM   #34
bimmerbeast7
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5C - '04 m3 manual coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PGH View Post
also MB has stopped E63 production, so that increased the demand on the M5.
I got 10% off my 2019 M5C in the good old days
wow, thats crazy about e63.

i got my m5c in july .. ordered in march, i got like 5% off i think

but i got my 100 series LX470 a lil over 2 years ago before they tripled in value and got hot
and i snagged a hi mile but clean e46 m3 coupe manual in silvergrey and black interior with nav from across the country before they doubled and became more scarce

timing has always been against me, but 'always' isnt reality

feeling super lucky
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 10:35 PM   #35
Rjtexas
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 M, 2018 M4 conv

Had same mark up issues w dealer I had purchased 2016 X5M, 2019 M4 conv, and 2 other bmw’s. Wanted $7,500 over MSRP to order M5. Went back to crappy local dealer who ordered at sticker. W production slot 2 weeks out.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 10:40 PM   #36
Thadius
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

I have a 2019 M5C that I'll sell anyone for 5 bitcoin or 300k? Trust me, prices will never come down 😉
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 07:42 AM   #37
M5C_Uber_Alles
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadius View Post
I have a 2019 M5C that I'll sell anyone for 5 bitcoin or 300k? Trust me, prices will never come down 😉
Sadly I had 5 Bitcoin when it wouldn’t even buy you a full tank of gas
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 09:31 PM   #38
Deleted Account
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deleted Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanos84 View Post
Now is a TERRIBLE time to buy pretty much anything but especially luxury items. It's just ridiculous the gouging going on. I'm a Swiss watch enthusiast and I watched this same sort of thing happen years ago, mainly w/ Rolex, and it's still going strong. Nothing can be had for msrp anymore. So sad... supply and demand is a real bitch...
The watch industry has gotten ultra competitive. I am entrenched and get the bulk of what I request but I can appreciate the frustration for newcomers.
Appreciate 0