BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    happy ending and Extended/Service warranty cost

03-07-2022, 12:33 PM   #1
carbonfiber1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

happy ending and Extended/Service warranty cost

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
This weekend I had scheduled a service appointment at the dealer for an oil change. The car was also reporting spark plugs and SOS emergency call battery life spans reached. When I asked about the approximate cost for these services I was shocked with a "oh, its all included with your warranty/service plan". My next question was how much warranty do I have left? Now for the highlight of my week, "your car has an extended warranty good until 2026 or 125k". I was just wondering if anyone was tracking the costs associated with such an extended warranty/service plan?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 01:40 PM   #2
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonfiber1 View Post
This weekend I had scheduled a service appointment at the dealer for an oil change. The car was also reporting spark plugs and SOS emergency call battery life spans reached. When I asked about the approximate cost for these services I was shocked with a "oh, its all included with your warranty/service plan". My next question was how much warranty do I have left? Now for the highlight of my week, "your car has an extended warranty good until 2026 or 125k". I was just wondering if anyone was tracking the costs associated with such an extended warranty/service plan?
Did you buy the car used? I can't imagine you didn't know you had a warranty of it was new haha.

But it depends they have a warranty as well as an extended service plan, which one do you have? I'm guessing you just have the maintenance since warranty wouldn't cover sparkys
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 01:45 PM   #3
carbonfiber1
Enlisted Member
Rep

I am the second owner. no one mentioned this warranty/service option when the car was purchased.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 03:20 PM   #4
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Did you get a happy ending at the dealership?

It's nice to be pleasantly surprised in this day and age….
Appreciate 1
afo818254.50
      03-07-2022, 04:18 PM   #5
carbonfiber1
Enlisted Member
Rep

pretty much had a happy ending in my pants after the news was delivered that I would not have a bill this time.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2022, 08:25 PM   #6
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I am the second owner. no one mentioned this warranty/service option when the car was purchased.
I'm honestly surprised it transfered owners lol. But hey enjoy the free maintenance!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 08:00 PM   #7
carbonfiber1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Was able to get some clarity on what was purchased. Warranty still valid until end of year, which is standard factory. There was a service plan paid on top of that for 3 additional years or 125k miles. Everything is included, any maintenance even wiper blades or brakes. The plan costs about 6k is what I was told.

now for the not so good news, going over the invoice after getting my car back today I noticed they replaced my aftermarket air filters. I am going to have to have a look now to verify and see what if anything can be done. I did not expect the mechanic to replace my AF especially after noticing stock AF is not present.

anyways check out this invoice, looks like Induktion motorsports did not seat my hose properly after installing Carbahn stage 2, DINAN air exchangers. I cant be too mad since they caught that and saved me a hassle down the road.
Attached Images

Last edited by carbonfiber1; 03-08-2022 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: adding
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 09:18 PM   #8
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Was able to get some clarity on what was purchased. Warranty still valid until end of year, which is standard factory. There was a service plan paid on top of that for 3 additional years or 125k miles. Everything is included, any maintenance even wiper blades or brakes. The plan costs about 6k is what I was told.

now for the not so good news, going over the invoice after getting my car back today I noticed they replaced my aftermarket air filters. I am going to have to have a look now to verify and see what if anything can be done. I did not expect the mechanic to replace my AF especially after noticing stock AF is not present.

anyways check out this invoice, looks like Induktion motorsports did not seat my hose properly after installing Carbahn stage 2, DINAN air exchangers. I cant be too mad since they caught that and saved me a hassle down the road.
Still surprised it transferred and you are correct it covers all standard maintenance and fluid changes (diff fluids and such, spark plugs, anything in the bmw service that is recommended maintenance) wiper blades should be 1 set every 6 months to a year, as far as brakes just double check that, I know that at one point bmw did offer the brakes in the maintenance plan for non CCB but has since removed it... either way it's a good deal and you basically don't have to pay for maintenance hehee
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 08:39 AM   #9
carbonfiber1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Stopped by the dealer on the way to work, the assured me my aftermarket AF were still in place and the charge for the AFs listed were for cabin AF. So all is well, was able to get my car washed and back sitting in my garage to look at
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 01:03 PM   #10
ambletx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Still surprised it transferred
Really? I was told that the extended maintenance plan will stay with the car no matter who the owner is. However, any extended warranty terminates when the car changes owners and a prorated rebate is issued to the original purchaser of the extended warranty.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 04:17 PM   #11
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambletx View Post
Really? I was told that the extended maintenance plan will stay with the car no matter who the owner is. However, any extended warranty terminates when the car changes owners and a prorated rebate is issued to the original purchaser of the extended warranty.
Oh? That's news to me, I knew about the warranty I figured service plan is the same. Good to know
Appreciate 0