BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    2020 F90 Pre-LCI Carbon

09-27-2023, 01:13 PM   #1
Memnoch
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

2020 F90 Pre-LCI Carbon

I know this has been asked, and answered, I've ordered some OEM carbon parts, rear wing and side skirts, but I would also like to get some other parts. Some offered as OEM, but the price on them is just a bit much to handle. Some pieces like the front lip are not offered for my car on the BMW site.

I'd like to get a front lip, mirror caps, grill surround, and full carbon diffuser (just not the center piece). I had some RK Carbon pieces on my M4, they all fit well except the rear spoiler which started to bow in some places. It could have been the tape, but it was put on professionally so I don't think that was the issue.

I know there is RK, Autotecknic, and some others out there but reading reviews are very mixed. Some love them, some say that the fitment isn't great. Spending a small chunk of change on CF pieces is fine, but finding a good fit for non-OEM pieces would be preferable. Side skirts alone were $1800, BMW doesn't state on their website that it is only for a single piece.

I'm getting the car full stealth PPF next week and they said to hold off on the CF pieces until that is cured and they put the full ceramic coating on the car, and they would do the new CF pieces after. They're super awesome and said that they would do all the installations of the CF pieces free of charge.

Any suggestions on which company to use would be greatly appreciated. Again, I know this has been asked and answered, but some of the posts are older and maybe build quality is better now.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 06:04 PM   #2
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
I know this has been asked, and answered, I've ordered some OEM carbon parts, rear wing and side skirts, but I would also like to get some other parts. Some offered as OEM, but the price on them is just a bit much to handle. Some pieces like the front lip are not offered for my car on the BMW site.

I'd like to get a front lip, mirror caps, grill surround, and full carbon diffuser (just not the center piece). I had some RK Carbon pieces on my M4, they all fit well except the rear spoiler which started to bow in some places. It could have been the tape, but it was put on professionally so I don't think that was the issue.

I know there is RK, Autotecknic, and some others out there but reading reviews are very mixed. Some love them, some say that the fitment isn't great. Spending a small chunk of change on CF pieces is fine, but finding a good fit for non-OEM pieces would be preferable. Side skirts alone were $1800, BMW doesn't state on their website that it is only for a single piece.

I'm getting the car full stealth PPF next week and they said to hold off on the CF pieces until that is cured and they put the full ceramic coating on the car, and they would do the new CF pieces after. They're super awesome and said that they would do all the installations of the CF pieces free of charge.

Any suggestions on which company to use would be greatly appreciated. Again, I know this has been asked and answered, but some of the posts are older and maybe build quality is better now.

Thanks!
I’d personally avoid AutoTeknic across the board. Most of their CF looks like resold AliBaba pieces and fit accordingly. Their QC is nonexistent since everything seems to come from offshore and they have no problem shipping ill fitting pieces.
      09-27-2023, 07:30 PM   #3
Memnoch
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
I’d personally avoid AutoTeknic across the board. Most of their CF looks like resold AliBaba pieces and fit accordingly. Their QC is nonexistent since everything seems to come from offshore and they have no problem shipping ill fitting pieces.
Thanks for the info

That was one that I was going to stay away from, the only other one I really know off the top of my head is RK. Any suggestions on which one to use?
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2023, 07:55 PM   #4
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the info

That was one that I was going to stay away from, the only other one I really know off the top of my head is RK. Any suggestions on which one to use?

You’re welcome!

There are owners here who are way more qualified than me here to answer this question as they have more experience with fitting CF parts to the M5. The only one I can speak to personally, in addition to what we’ve seen on the forum, is AutoTeknic. I have no experience with RK, but here is a relatively recent thread with several long time and respected forum members singing RW’s (not RK) praises, and their parts are priced a little more reasonably.

If I was fitting CF to this car, I’d personally be using M Performance Parts, but, as you’ve stated, they add up pretty quickly.

Hope this helps, but I’m sure other owners will chime in on this thread.
      09-28-2023, 10:11 AM   #5
dcohen13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

If you are looking at Carbon fiber, I can get you a deal on the Vorsteiner Front lip. I am actually picking up mine today at their HQ. I am currently running the Maxton Design lip. I personally LOVE my Maxton Design lip. I like that it is plastic and can take a full beating. Flows well with the OEM BMW Carbon side skirts as well. I am only switching to Vorsteiner as my friend works there and wants to use car for photo shoot.

See link below for Vorsteiner, and attached photo for Maxton Design. You cannot beat the Maxton price...

https://vorsteiner.com/collections/bmw-f90
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-28-2023, 11:36 AM   #6
Memnoch
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcohen13 View Post
If you are looking at Carbon fiber, I can get you a deal on the Vorsteiner Front lip. I am actually picking up mine today at their HQ. I am currently running the Maxton Design lip. I personally LOVE my Maxton Design lip. I like that it is plastic and can take a full beating. Flows well with the OEM BMW Carbon side skirts as well. I am only switching to Vorsteiner as my friend works there and wants to use car for photo shoot.

See link below for Vorsteiner, and attached photo for Maxton Design. You cannot beat the Maxton price...

https://vorsteiner.com/collections/bmw-f90
What would the price be on that vorsteiner?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 09:02 AM   #7
dcohen13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Quote:
What would the price be on that vorsteiner?
https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2039251

See this post, where I list prices. If you are serious, I can see if I can convince them to go a little lower for you!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2023, 10:41 AM   #8
JRF90
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Comp 2019

In the UK here. Had great experience with Carbonwurks.

https://carbonwurks.com/product/bmw-...-pre-facelift/

Ordered the grille and front splitter
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2023, 10:08 AM   #9
Memnoch
Registered
Rep

That looks great, I ended up going with RW Carbon. I had pieces on my M4 and was pretty happy with them.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 11:26 AM   #10
916_M5
IG: @M5RCY_
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

Quote:

Thanks!
I have had zero fitment issues with Autotecknic. I am running their CF Grills, Front Fender flares/badges, steering wheel trim, mirror caps, and front mud flaps. I have had ZERO issues with fitment.
Their customer service has been fantastic as well, an item was damaged during shipping and they replaced the item no question asked.

I will admit they do look and they are 100% resold asia CF pieces, but so are brands like RW carbon or BimmerPlug or Monaco Motorsports or CT Carbon. Just find a source with good customer service incase you are not happy with the product or fitment. About 95% of CF out there is Asain sourced /resold CF.

I have been very fortunate to be introduced to a MAJOR CF manufacture and supplier to ALL the brands above, he goes by "Jack Chan". His parts are top quality for reps and highly recommend. About half the cost of what you see online. DM me and I can guide you in the right direction.
Appreciate 1
afo818254.50