BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    This car is a freak of nature

12-05-2018, 10:31 AM   #23
Johnhanson
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Looks stunning. Well done.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #24
Hashtag_M_Rated
///M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 First Edition M5

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
Good review! I love your dash cam system, I've been thinking about doing one but didn't think about running it all the way back to the trunk and eliminating any wires in the car! Thanks.
      12-07-2018, 01:20 PM   #25
Andy TS
Registered
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

M5

Hi all,
I have received my new M5, yes I added a lot of extras, this car is amazing, handling, speed, gadgets, please note, I am not showing off, well I am, I have the number plate, F90 BMW,
Lol
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #26
mundo74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punitive View Post
I just got my car yesterday. Absolutely amazing. I am questioning myself why I waited so long to get it. F10 is a dinosaur compared to this thing.

Some here have really high or unrealistic expectations of what they expect from a sedan.

Engine-Amazing the revisions they have done from the F10, it seems like an entirely different engine. The responsiveness, tuning, power curve are amazing.

Transmission-The ZF8 haters can go elsewhere. DCT is a far distant memory. This is probably the biggest improvement on the car. The stop and go clunkiness of the DCT was so annoying that any benefit it gave was forgotten by me. BMW spent a lot of time getting the shift patterns/programs on this and it shows. I can admire Benz making their transmissions in-house, but I think it is time they gave up on MCT.

Chasis-is solid and similar to the F10, squeak free and damping is excellent on everyday crappy roads.

The Bower and Wilkins sound leaves more to be desired, can't believe they can charge this and get away with it. Otherwise, the infotainment is spot on much better and easier to use than the Benz touchpads etc.

Paint-This is the biggest complaint. What is BMW doing, one day old and rock chips already. The carbon fiber splitters are catching the most hell. Why even factory install those without PPF.
ZF8AT hater here

ZF = slushbox = boring
M5 (should) = edgy/sharp
550i = comfortable = Zf8at
Ferrari/Porsche = edgy/sharp = DCT

I may be a ZF convert when Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porsche start using them.
      12-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #27
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundo74 View Post
ZF8AT hater here

ZF = slushbox = boring
M5 (should) = edgy/sharp

My only question is have you driven one yet ?
Take it for a good hour test drive and then let us know how you feel, honestly.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 05:24 PM   #28
zuschnell
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 m5, '18 991.2 gt3,

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punitive View Post
I just got my car yesterday. Absolutely amazing. I am questioning myself why I waited so long to get it. F10 is a dinosaur compared to this thing.

Some here have really high or unrealistic expectations of what they expect from a sedan.

Engine-Amazing the revisions they have done from the F10, it seems like an entirely different engine. The responsiveness, tuning, power curve are amazing.

Transmission-The ZF8 haters can go elsewhere. DCT is a far distant memory. This is probably the biggest improvement on the car. The stop and go clunkiness of the DCT was so annoying that any benefit it gave was forgotten by me. BMW spent a lot of time getting the shift patterns/programs on this and it shows. I can admire Benz making their transmissions in-house, but I think it is time they gave up on MCT.

Chasis-is solid and similar to the F10, squeak free and damping is excellent on everyday crappy roads.

The Bower and Wilkins sound leaves more to be desired, can't believe they can charge this and get away with it. Otherwise, the infotainment is spot on much better and easier to use than the Benz touchpads etc.

Paint-This is the biggest complaint. What is BMW doing, one day old and rock chips already. The carbon fiber splitters are catching the most hell. Why even factory install those without PPF.
ZF8AT hater here

ZF = slushbox = boring
M5 (should) = edgy/sharp

This zf is nearly indistinguishable from a dct and fixes the flaws of the previous m5 dct. I was afraid of the engagement from this transmission and have been pleasantly pleased. Drive it for a few hours in sport plus and S3.

Current: ?13 e92 m3 ESS 585, 22 f95 x5m Comp, Track - '18 manual 991.2 GT3, Wife's family truckster - '20 Volvo XC90 T8
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 07:08 PM   #29
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

Quote:
ZF8AT hater here

ZF = slushbox = boring
M5 (should) = edgy/sharp

I think it's truly excellent. And I *hate* automatics. I've previously owned Audi dual clutch S-tronic and Porsche PDK, nevermind a handful of manuals. There is nothing slushy about the way the ZF shifts in its aggressive shifting mode.
Appreciate 0