BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion    Paris Burns

Today, 09:44 AM   #133
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Ivanov View Post
Dear, could you give any examples of this military invasion? After all, if there is an invasion of the aggressor, then there must be some kind of defense? Battles, shootings, sacrifices were supposed to be?
What is this for an utterly stupid deduction?
They went in with a vastly superior force so surrender was immediate.
Apparantly you don't know the meaning of the word "invasion".
The russian militairy has no business in Crimea. Russia shows here that it has no respect for borders of souvereign states acknowledged by the UN.

Do you also think its Ok if Austria were to invade the north of Italy or for Germany to invade the west of Poland, the west of the Czech republic or the east of France and Belgium? Or Ireland invading parts of northern ireland?
Strange that you have an opposite sense of right and wrong than the rest of the free democratic world, not respecting other countries' land and assets that came to be by democratically formed mutually signed treaties.
If there's a majority of people from another country living in a border region, thats not a valid excuse for that other country to invade and annex those grounds with a militairy invasion.
If a country thinks a certain area of another country would be better off belonging to them, the proper way is to try and achieve that is through diplomatic negotiations, not by militairy invasion. But then again whats to expect from a former KGB fascist.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs performance clutch

Last edited by GuidoK; Today at 10:12 AM.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:25 AM   #134
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single turbo N54 on meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I have a feeling that this protest like most protests has had it's grievances grow from the original complaint which seem'd to be the increase of carbon taxes on gas and diesel, I think that has now grown to include the view that political leaders are out of touch, elite, and the general cost of living has become too high, I think what also falls into this view, the elite political leader who is out of touch encompasses the immigration from the middle east.

I'm not surprised the French government needs more tax revenue given the huge influx of migrants and the impact that would have on the economy,
I mean hiring an ex banker to run your country...does it surprise anyone he gives massive tax breaks to the large corporations and his friends and then institutes taxes on the poor via a diesel tax & a tax hike on pensioners? The diesel tax was also not remotely sufficient to actually de-carbonize France and is already a very low emitter. It just hurts the people who don't live in the city and have to travel there for work or play. A tax hike on pensioners? I assume they vote in higher percentages just like in the States.

Macron just comes off as massively elitist and out of touch. His speech last night did not help quell the unrest.

The students are now starting in and barricading schools and having protests making the schools close. Youth unemployment has jumped to 22 percent! You can expect they are angry there are no jobs for them when almost a 1/4 of them can't work. Unemployment is almost at 10%. France needs to right the ship and fast. https://www.france24.com/en/20181207...ines-kneel-mud <-- Police forcing student to kneel in mud with hands behind back. Are you trying to make the parents hate you?

They should also stop all of the immigration until they can fix their country. No reason to bring in people who are a drain on society in a country that already does not have enough jobs and expensive social services and living conditions.

Macron will be out, he only won because of Le Pen. Approval rating is like 20%, last president left office with 4%. He will be there soon. I would rather have seen what Le Pen would have done differently personally. Even if she is a bit radical.

E92 ACF ST 6466 + Meth Motiv / E70 #1 JBD / E70 #2 JBD / E90 PTF retired

Originally Posted by TheAxiom
FYI - I don't drive hard at all. So I'm not interested in more clamping force when I won't use it. Even on my car, I take it easy. It's just too loud to be enjoyable.

Last edited by Torgus; Today at 10:34 AM.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 10:31 AM   #135
Grumpy Old Man
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
I mean hiring an ex banker to run your country...does it surprise anyone he gives massive tax breaks to the large corporations and his friends and then institutes taxes on the poor via a diesel tax & a tax hike on pensioners? The diesel tax was also not remotely sufficient to actually de-carbonize France and is already a very low emitter. It just hurts the people who don't live in the city and have to travel there for work or play. A tax hike on pensioners? I assume they vote in higher percentages just like in the States.

Macron just comes off as massively elitist and out of touch. His speech last night did not help quell the unrest.

The students are now starting in and barricading schools and having protests making the schools close. Youth unemployment has jumped to 22 percent! You can expect they are angry there are no jobs for them when almost a 1/4 of them can't work. Unemployment is almost at 10%. France needs to right the ship and fast.

They should also stop all of the immigration until they can fix their country. No reason to bring in people who are a drain on society in a country that already does not have enough jobs and expensive social services and living conditions.

Macron will be out, he only won because of Le Pen. Approval rating is like 20%, last president left office with 4%. He will be there soon. I would rather have seen what Le Pen would have done differently personally. Even if she is a bit radical.

I've always believed that even a hard right politician getting elected would only pull western democracy's towards the centre as most are pretty left leaning already. I hope Trudeau is watching what's happening in France, because he is implementing almost identical policies here in Canada and I think the silent majority is feeling a lot like the French.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 10:39 AM   #136
Grumpy Old Man
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

I think we could substitute Mr. Dress Up's photo into this meme.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
OnerDriver1987.00

Today, 10:43 AM   #137
Ivan Ivanov
Second Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: F30 320d, F48 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
They went in with a vastly superior force so surrender was immediate.
Apparantly you don't know the meaning of the word "invasion".
Who went? Where did they went? You have very superficial knowledge - what was going on there and how...
The bottom line is that the population in this territory (the absolute majority of the population, the vast majority) made an independent choice - they did not want to stay in a country like Ukraine.
This is their sovereign right, the right of the people, expressed clearly and practically unanimously.
Are you against the expression of the right of this people to self-determination?

P.S. Hold this referendum now, in 4 years - you will get exactly the same results.
Appreciate 1
OnerDriver1987.00

Today, 10:51 AM   #138
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post

And what part of immigration do you think is coming to work in france?
The part that you cant stop, being eastern europeans. Part of being the EU is free movement of trade and people (it would be similar to say people from kansas going off to work in texas or new york), so you cant stop that immigration. They dont 'bring in' those people, they come by themselves, and getting hired by companies. Thats how the capitalist system works.

And thats the part thats pressing on the employment rate in France (and most of western europe); it's the part coming from Eastern Europe. Polish, bulgarians, hungarians, lithuanians etc etc. They are everywhere here, doing the simple low paid hard jobs. 50% of all lorry drivers is probably polish or baltic here (to give an example).
And they mostly target the jobs from the people in the yellow vests. The simple underpayed unschooled labour.
And then Macron also has to cope with the aftermath of Hollande; thousends of silly subsidized jobs that were created to tackle unemployment but don't really contribute to the economy.

So like I wrote before, the only real solution for the french is getting the french to a higher (professional) level, so that that part of france that wears the yellow vests doesnt have to compete with the polish, bulgarians etc.
But I don't see any argument layed down by the yellow vests that points to that realisation. They just want more money, they arent interested in joint possibilities to better themselves on a professional scale.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs performance clutch
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:58 AM   #139
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]

If Canada had a way to import more immigrants I am sure they would just my opinion as an American outsider.

https://www.politico.eu/article/opin...ole-in-budget/
&
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...bruno-Le-maire <-- France is now joining Italy in breaking EU rules.

"Last night he offered his troubled nation astonishing concessions that will see him not only add to Brusselsí fiscal budget but also dangerously inflate Parisí own budget to over 100 percent of gross domestic product (GDP). But the massive hand out goes DIRECTLY against EU rules and his own insistence on national spending and fiscal prudence Ė and is set to see France joining Italy in defiance of itís own EU spending laws. Public spending, which at 57 percent of GDP is among the highest in Europe."

FYI - I don't drive hard at all. So I'm not interested in more clamping force when I won't use it. Even on my car, I take it easy. It's just too loud to be enjoyable.
Appreciate 1
OnerDriver1987.00

Today, 11:10 AM   #140
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
And what part of immigration do you think is coming to work in france?
The part that you cant stop, being eastern europeans. Part of being the EU is free movement of trade and people (it would be similar to say people from kansas going off to work in texas or new york), so you cant stop that immigration. They dont 'bring in' those people, they come by themselves, and getting hired by companies. Thats how the capitalist system works.

And thats the part thats pressing on the employment rate in France (and most of western europe); it's the part coming from Eastern Europe. Polish, bulgarians, hungarians, lithuanians etc etc. They are everywhere here, doing the simple low paid hard jobs. 50% of all lorry drivers is probably polish or baltic here (to give an example).
And they mostly target the jobs from the people in the yellow vests. The simple underpayed unschooled labour.
And then Macron also has to cope with the aftermath of Hollande; thousends of silly subsidized jobs that were created to tackle unemployment but don't really contribute to the economy.

So like I wrote before, the only real solution for the french is getting the french to a higher (professional) level, so that that part of france that wears the yellow vests doesnt have to compete with the polish, bulgarians etc.
But I don't see any argument layed down by the yellow vests that points to that realisation. They just want more money, they arent interested in joint possibilities to better themselves on a professional scale.

So it sounds like the issue is being part of the EU. It allows free travel into France and the money made there is sent out of France back to their home country. So not only do they take jobs from the French people, the money is then not reinvested into the French economy. There is nothing wrong with back breaking hard work. The entire population is never going to all be 'professionally educated to a higher level' to the point that they will never need to do manual labor. That is not a realistic goal. Not everyone is suited to higher education, that is why there needs to be jobs in all countries for people with less education.

If you left the EU then you could kick out everyone taking the jobs from the French people right? It's so weird the idea of free travel within countries is not working out. It's almost like you should take care of your own country 1st and then help out your neighbors.

Go google EU failing and read: https://hbr.org/2013/06/the-european-union-a-failed-ex

Appreciate 0