BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)    Rocker panel chips

03-30-2018, 05:56 PM   #1
ilushka85
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Rocker panel chips

Just letting everyone know the rocker panel near front wheel easily chips from rocks in normal driving.
Appreciate 1
DINMANN222.00
      03-30-2018, 08:07 PM   #2
mad4comp
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 MBB M5

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Any pictures? I'm planning to get rocker panels and PPF installed, so it'd be nice to know exactly where.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 08:29 PM   #3
ljdavis
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilushka85 View Post
Just letting everyone know the rocker panel near front wheel easily chips from rocks in normal driving.
PPF is a must for this car. I got my car last week and will be taking it into the body shop next week to have the front bumper repaired from rock chips. Unfortunately, this happened a day before my PPF appointment; not a happy camper right now
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #4
Cacou
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90

I'm doing the European Delivery in a couple of months. I'm trying to see if there's a way I can get PPF installed on the most vulnerable areas before driving it over there. I'm pretty sure I could install the film myself on the hood, rocker panels, perhaps even the front bumper, but it'd be risky in terms of finding a suitable place to wash the car and do the job.

I found a couple of old threads on this, but nothing that pointed me to a solution.

Has anyone found an installer near Munich or done the job themselves over there?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 02:34 PM   #5
Ragazzi-07
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacou View Post
I'm doing the European Delivery in a couple of months. I'm trying to see if there's a way I can get PPF installed on the most vulnerable areas before driving it over there. I'm pretty sure I could install the film myself on the hood, rocker panels, perhaps even the front bumper, but it'd be risky in terms of finding a suitable place to wash the car and do the job.

I found a couple of old threads on this, but nothing that pointed me to a solution.

Has anyone found an installer near Munich or done the job themselves over there?

Thanks.

for a temp quick solution try painters tape....then ppf it properly when the car is back home.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #6
neohh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacou View Post

Thanks.
Contact Xpel, they should be able to provide a list of authorized distributor/installer in the area.
Appreciate 0