BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums UK    Dealer recommendations - Surrey

06-02-2019, 09:11 AM   #1
twct
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Dealer recommendations - Surrey

with only 500 miles on the clock it looks like my m5 will need an unexpected service visit... one of the front brake pads was seriously frozen to the rotor (washed the car and it sat for a week, apparently not a good idea!) and something bad seems to have happened when it 'broke' free as braking power is way down (lots of pedal travel) and there's a significant clunking noise coming from the front driver side wheel area. I definitely wouldn't drive it like this so will need to have it flat bedded to a dealership. Hopefully it just needs a new inner brake pad (the outside one looks fine).

The problem is I haven't had very good experiences with my local dealership. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm in Weybridge, fwiw. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
PaulT_M5
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F90

Based on what you've described, it sounds like the pad has stuck to the rotor and come off the backing, then deposited the pad somewhere, leaving just the backing.

Just call BMW Assist and they will arrange everything for you.
      06-02-2019, 02:06 PM   #3
twct
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

thanks... that makes sense. I’ve owned many BMWs (mostly in the US) but never had to use BMW Assist... and you’re right they’re making it pretty painless right down to the loaner car (which I don’t need in this case). Hopefully the dealer will be able to look at it quickly.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 06:02 AM   #4
AdamW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 LCI

I use BMW Barons (Farnborough) and have always been good to me (5 cars from them now)
Good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #5
Metzeler
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

Hi twct , I have always used both Barons Farnborough as Adam mentioned and the other good dealer in that area I used for my last car (435i GC) was Sytner Ascot for servicing.
Appreciate 0