BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    Video: Auto Express - M5 vs. E63 Track Test

04-22-2018, 11:45 PM   #89
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quite frankly, I don't get all this defensive rhetoric.

This whole section pegs the M5 against its competitors. If the M5 doesn't come out on top, there are critical voices decrying fanboyism or trolls.

I get it, there are the occasional trolls on every forum but one can safely ignore those posts.

I am new here and coming from larger sedans. Used to have S-Class models, BMW 7 series (F02) and was close to picking a new B7 but realized that a fast, large barge is still a large barge. Besides the G12 is pretty uninspiring and even the Alpina wheels seem a bit out of place on this model. M5 wasn't available yet.

We wanted something more nimble and picked the Launch Edition of the E63s, same as Vic's which is truly stunning in the flesh. The cars setup, torque and sound is definitely smile inducing Seems to make me test the legal boundaries on a daily basis.

Besides reading about the M5, I have only had a chance to see the car once. No seat time yet.
That appears to be the same with most other members. Really like what I hear and am curious to compare.

At this point I am thinking M8 which apparently has a lot of M5 hardware in it. Can't wait to see the production version and hope that much of the interior stays near the concept.
Appreciate 1
Vic5519365.00
      04-23-2018, 12:19 AM   #90
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonba View Post
Finally, the first street drags are coming in.

Not very high quality but....first vid without LC, second vid with LC

Obviously, I am not saying this is definitive proof because its a street drag.
So, is yours pulling hard? lol

I expect more selective links showing the E63S on top ... try showing 1 where the F90 is on top, probably none from you
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 03:20 AM   #91
Goonba
Private
Rep
Drives: e63s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post

I expect more selective links showing the E63S on top ... try showing 1 where the F90 is on top, probably none from you
Here he is...........

For the selectively challenged I posted a pic of my "M5" in the vbox thread.

I am posting any video that I see. This is the first organised street drag, and judging by the owners' comments on instagram and the forums (as this was planned for ages) they did several runs switching lanes, launch, non-launch, different fuel (the vids are scattered all over Insta). The E63 came out about a 3/4-1 car length on top up to 200km/h and then pulled hard up to limiter at 250km/h. There were no runs that the M5 won, according to their comments.

This is the only car forum that treats magazine reviews as "the conclusion". The point of these cars is for passionate owners to go out and give them the beans. Its not my fault that the vids show the opposite of magazines (I'm surprised that you are so surprised by this as it happens alllllllll the time across manufacturers). Like I said, if this was a hotel/restaurant review and then someone said the hotel/restaurant was not like the magazine review, would you also hiss about it?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 04:11 AM   #92
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Here he is...........

I am posting any video that I see. This is the first organised street drag, and judging by the owners' comments on instagram and the forums (as this was planned for ages) they did several runs switching lanes, launch, non-launch, different fuel (the vids are scattered all over Insta). The E63 came out about a 3/4-1 car length on top up to 200km/h and then pulled hard up to limiter at 250km/h. There were no runs that the M5 won, according to their comments.

This is the only car forum that treats magazine reviews as "the conclusion". The point of these cars is for passionate owners to go out and give them the beans. Its not my fault that the vids show the opposite of magazines (I'm surprised that you are so surprised by this as it happens alllllllll the time across manufacturers). Like I said, if this was a hotel/restaurant review and then someone said the hotel/restaurant was not like the magazine review, would you also hiss about it?
Thanks for the admission you're mistaken, I'm not surprised at all with your posts and selective videos etc. In fact, I expect many more to come but no photo (which when posted would indeed surprise me lol) of your "E63S" in your porch or driveway
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 07:33 AM   #93
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post

Here he is...........

Don't feed the trolls.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #94
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Quite frankly, I don't get all this defensive rhetoric.

This whole section pegs the M5 against its competitors. If the M5 doesn't come out on top, there are critical voices decrying fanboyism or trolls.

I get it, there are the occasional trolls on every forum but one can safely ignore those posts.

I am new here and coming from larger sedans. Used to have S-Class models, BMW 7 series (F02) and was close to picking a new B7 but realized that a fast, large barge is still a large barge. Besides the G12 is pretty uninspiring and even the Alpina wheels seem a bit out of place on this model. M5 wasn't available yet.

We wanted something more nimble and picked the Launch Edition of the E63s, same as Vic's which is truly stunning in the flesh. The cars setup, torque and sound is definitely smile inducing Seems to make me test the legal boundaries on a daily basis.

Besides reading about the M5, I have only had a chance to see the car once. No seat time yet.
That appears to be the same with most other members. Really like what I hear and am curious to compare.

At this point I am thinking M8 which apparently has a lot of M5 hardware in it. Can't wait to see the production version and hope that much of the interior stays near the concept.
I agree that these cars - the E63S and M5 - are not sports cars. They have supercar performance in a straight line - but as I have written many times on this forum - neither of them belong on a road course. Beyond weight - they are big cars - older 7 series big.

These are luxury GT cars. Very fun luxury GT cars at that. And that is okay.

I do not place my ego or worth into any car I buy - as I stated before - my C7Z did not perform - both for me and countless thousands who bought the car. Not only did I not deny it - I led the way in a very unpopular fashion on Corvette Forum with fan boys everywhere denouncing me as a heretic until not only the crowd but GM was forced to admit there was a problem. I sidnt wait for GM’s failed “solution” - I simply modded around mine at my own not minimal expense.

This time - much to Goonbas dismay - this is not the case. The F90 - from the available information we have today - is the quicker and faster car to the 1/4. Not by much - either way - but the MPH shows the slightly superior potential. This isn’t fanboiism - this is simply fact at this moment in time. Had it been the other way around - I would have said so - because denying facts is silly.

I am fortunate to own cars almost 3 seconds in the 1/4 quicker than my upcoming M5. It is my daily. I will track it for fun a few times - but that is it.

I have said my piece - no more posts about this topic from me.

Goonba can continue to post random street race videos - but like everything not controlled - they are near useless. I know his point is that all magazines are somehow corrupt - like BMW has more money than Mercedes Benz and therefore they rule the magazine world. Except I guess every time MB’s have won comparisons against BMW’s - like my earlier E63S did against the F10 M5 CP in Motortrends last shoot out. Then I guess BMW just didn’t ante in enough coin lol.

E63S’s are already being modified/tuned - so unless we have an unbiased owner of both everyone trusts - I will have to continue to trust the “crooked” magazines.

And oh yes - test my own car - which I will and post right here.
Appreciate 1
onfireX53618.50
      04-23-2018, 10:06 AM   #95
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
I agree that these cars - the E63S and M5 - are not sports cars. They have supercar performance in a straight line - but as I have written many times on this forum - neither of them belong on a road course. Beyond weight - they are big cars - older 7 series big.

I do not place my ego or worth into any car I buy - as I stated before - my C7Z did not perform - both for me and countless thousands who bought the car. Not only did I not deny it - I led the way in a very unpopular fashion on Corvette Forum with fan boys everywhere denouncing me as a heretic until not only the crowd but GM was forced to admit there was a problem. I sidnt wait for GM’s failed “solution” - I simply modded around mine at my own not minimal expense.

This time - much to Goonbas dismay - this is not the case. The F90 - from the available information we have today - is the quicker and faster car to the 1/4. Not by much - either way - but the MPH shows the slightly superior potential. This isn’t fanboiism - this is simply fact at this moment in time. Had it been the other way around - I would have said so - because denying facts is silly.

I am fortunate to own cars almost 3 seconds in the 1/4 quicker than my upcoming M5. It is my daily. I will track it for fun a few times - but that is it.

Goonba can continue to post random street race videos - but like everything not controlled - they are near useless. I know his point is that all magazines are somehow corrupt - like BMW has more money than Mercedes Benz and therefore they rule the magazine world. Except I guess every time MB’s have won comparisons against BMW’s - like my earlier E63S did against the F10 M5 CP in Motortrends last shoot out. Then I guess BMW just didn’t ante in enough coin lol.

E63S’s are already being modified/tuned - so unless we have an unbiased owner of both everyone trusts - I will have to continue to trust the “crooked” magazines.

Well said. I'm ignoring him from now on. I actually feel a bit sorry for him. I've never understood the "I'm the TURD in the Punchbowl, look at me " philosophy. Joins the forum in March 2018 to be the Turd. I could not imagine joining the AMG forums just to post the C&D, R&T, Motortrend, etc results to show them proof the M5 is quicker, etc and start an argument. Let them enjoy their forum and their killer AMG. AMG is a bad dude. Same with Porsche. I almost bought a 911 TurboS over the F90....very hard decision..but I'm not going to the Porsche Forums to debate it. It is a Very Bad Dude. Time to enjoy this forum and the new tech that will be offered and posted about the M5 !
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50
      04-23-2018, 10:18 AM   #96
elitex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C Coupe, 21 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Quote:

I do not place my ego or worth into any car I buy - as I stated before - my C7Z did not perform - both for me and countless thousands who bought the car. Not only did I not deny it - I led the way in a very unpopular fashion on Corvette Forum with fan boys everywhere denouncing me as a heretic until not only the crowd but GM was forced to admit there was a problem. I sidnt wait for GM's failed "solution" - I simply modded around mine at my own not minimal expense.

This time - much to Goonbas dismay - this is not the case. The F90 - from the available information we have today - is the quicker and faster car to the 1/4. Not by much - either way - but the MPH shows the slightly superior potential. This isn't fanboiism - this is simply fact at this moment in time. Had it been the other way around - I would have said so - because denying facts is silly.

Goonba can continue to post random street race videos - but like everything not controlled - they are near useless. I know his point is that all magazines are somehow corrupt - like BMW has more money than Mercedes Benz and therefore they rule the magazine world. Except I guess every time MB's have won comparisons against BMW's - like my earlier E63S did against the F10 M5 CP in Motortrends last shoot out. Then I guess BMW just didn't ante in enough coin lol.

E63S's are already being modified/tuned - so unless we have an unbiased owner of both everyone trusts - I will have to continue to trust the "crooked" magazines.

Well said. I'm ignoring him from now on. I actually feel a bit sorry for him. I've never understood the "I'm the TURD in the Punchbowl, look at me " philosophy. Joins the forum in March 2018 to be the Turd. I could not imagine joining the AMG forums just to post the C&D, R&T, Motortrend, etc results to show them proof the M5 is quicker, etc and start an argument. Let them enjoy their forum and their killer AMG. AMG is a bad dude. Same with Porsche. I almost bought a 911 TurboS over the F90....very hard decision..but I'm not going to the Porsche Forums to debate it. It is a Very Bad Dude. Time to enjoy this forum and the new tech that will be offered and posted about the M5 !
Let's all head over to Camaro forums and talk about how much better the mustang is. Nothing like a good ol classic debate. That's exactly what's happening here with Mr Goober and some others.
21 X5M MBB, 20 Evora GT, 20 C63S Coupe,19 X5 50i, 18 Giulia QV, 18 M5, 17 Evora 400, 18 LX570, 17 GT350,18 M4 Comp,17 R8 V10 ,17 M3 Comp,17 GT350,16 Escalade Plat ESV, 16 570S,16 911 GTS,15 M5, 15 LX570, 13 M5,13 Viper,14 Cayman S,13 M3,13 S4,10 RX8,12 A4,10 G37, 04 Mini Cooper S, 08 Scion TC, 06 Altima V6, 05 Altima, 01 Altima, 00 Altima, 94 Explorer, 92 Toyota Pickup, 98 Altima
Appreciate 2
onfireX53618.50
vtknight966.50
      04-23-2018, 10:34 AM   #97
Goonba
Private
Rep

Quote:
Once again this is the "M5 vs." board. If you want to speak about M5 tech got to the General Forum. If you are not interested in hearing about the "M5 Vs." or looking at videos of "M5 Vs." then no1 is asking you to click and read. Its amazing how offended you are by the M5 competing in real life....other BMW boards embrace the races. A huge majority (myself included) of Benz owners have also owned BMWs in their life. Get over yourself and your fanboy rhetoric.

What has a Turbo S got to do with an M5? And why would you go to a Turbo S forum to post about a car in a completely different class? Other than because you are a fanboy.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #98
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Once again this is the "M5 vs." board. If you want to speak about M5 tech got to the General Forum. If you are not interested in hearing about the "M5 Vs." or looking at videos of "M5 Vs." then no1 is asking you to click and read. Its amazing how offended you are by the M5 competing in real life....other BMW boards embrace the races. A huge majority (myself included) of Benz owners have also owned BMWs in their life. Get over yourself and your fanboy rhetoric.

What has a Turbo S got to do with an M5? And why would you go to a Turbo S forum to post about a car in a completely different class? Other than because you are a fanboy.
Read you own post above and ask yourself why you have posted in the general forum in threads you did not even start. Think about it. I feel sorry for you.
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50
      04-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #99
Goonba
Private
Rep

Quote:
Read you own post above and ask yourself why you have posted in the general forum in threads you did not even start. Think about it. I feel sorry for you.
Excuse me??? You mean the post in the vbox thread? where you were douching around about me reading and not commenting, or not owning either car????? Where have I commented on anything other than the performance of the M5 vs. E63 in reviews/vids???

Child.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 12:48 PM   #100
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Excuse me??? You mean the post in the vbox thread? where you were douching around about me reading and not commenting, or not owning either car????? Where have I commented on anything other than the performance of the M5 vs. E63 in reviews/vids???

Child.
Sad deal.
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50
      04-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #101
elitex
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Video: Auto Express - M5 vs. E63 Track Test

We still haven't seen your super amazing paint job.

Let's not forget that you took an article which praised M5 and they couldn't decide on the winner and you turned it around and said and I quote " a resounding victory for E63"

GTFOH.....
21 X5M MBB, 20 Evora GT, 20 C63S Coupe,19 X5 50i, 18 Giulia QV, 18 M5, 17 Evora 400, 18 LX570, 17 GT350,18 M4 Comp,17 R8 V10 ,17 M3 Comp,17 GT350,16 Escalade Plat ESV, 16 570S,16 911 GTS,15 M5, 15 LX570, 13 M5,13 Viper,14 Cayman S,13 M3,13 S4,10 RX8,12 A4,10 G37, 04 Mini Cooper S, 08 Scion TC, 06 Altima V6, 05 Altima, 01 Altima, 00 Altima, 94 Explorer, 92 Toyota Pickup, 98 Altima
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50
      04-23-2018, 01:03 PM   #102
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:

Child.
You shouldn’t be calling anyone a child. At least he has real world experience with cars and racing.
I know...you say you have one of the cars being discussed - but I haven’t seen anything. You have said the car is so unique it “identifies” you? I dare say I don’t think you are that important.

You show videos and zero personal experience. You are of the internet's only.

I do get it - this is the versus forum. And I am all for it. Just bring a balanced approach versus your cherry picked rhetoric.

And please stop with the conspiracy - or please do explain the Motortrend precious head to head where the F10 CP lost - the previous tests where it was actually pretty reviled - they only kind of liked the M6 - but now are in league with BMW for the F90? You avoided that earlier.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #103
Goonba
Private
Rep

Quote:
You shouldn’t be calling anyone a child. At least he has real world experience with cars and racing.
I know...you say you have one of the cars being discussed - but I haven’t seen anything. You have said the car is so unique it “identifies” you? I dare say I don’t think you are that important.

I do get it - this is the versus forum. And I am all for it. Just bring a balanced approach versus your cherry picked rhetoric.

And please stop with the conspiracy - or please do explain the Motortrend precious head to head where the F10 CP lost - the previous tests where it was actually pretty reviled - they only kind of liked the M6 - but now are in league with BMW for the F90? You avoided that earlier.
First, I posted the inside of the car yesterday on your vbox chat. That should be enough proof that I own at least this car.

Second, I am not famous and never will be, hopefully. But the design on the car is unique, and its used on all my cars. As in the design will give away an identity. So please cut the crap - a forum should stay a forum.

Third, I didn't know you had to be a "racing" driver to own either car. I would have thought a racing driver would find other cars more interesting.

Fourth, the MotorBend H2H of the F10 CP vs. an E63S 4matic (4matic means AWD!!) with a ton more power?????? Do you really think the F10 CP stood a chance? I guess we should commend MotorTrend on stating the obvious - great journalism.

Fifth, how am I being selective? Im just putting the vids from more mature discussions on BMW boards where AMG and BMW owners look at real life vids not magazine covers. I understand that in NA you love media, and use media to drive your consumption, but are you not in any way interested in how the car performs in the hands of people that actually own them? I would happily post videos of the M5 winning if there were any - I am sure there will be. But the diehard owners that have raced to this day seem to all suggest the E63s is faster (SUGGEST being the key word for those of selective hearing i.e. It may or may not be true in the long run)

Sixth, the "resounding victory" comment was completely meant with sarcasm. As in I was just pointing out how some users on this forum react to any magazine review. I'm glad you bit that bait just to prove my point.

Seventh, I live in the centre and have no1 around me that owns M5s. Bentaygas, Range Rovers, G-Wagens, Hondas, Fords, even a Chiron. So I have little opportunity to race anyone. However last June, as soon as I ran-in the car I went to an airfield where a huracan and 488 (spiders) were both slapped in the derriere.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #104
elitex
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
You shouldn't be calling anyone a child. At least he has real world experience with cars and racing.
I know...you say you have one of the cars being discussed - but I haven't seen anything. You have said the car is so unique it "identifies" you? I dare say I don't think you are that important.

First, I posted the inside of the car yesterday on your vbox chat. That should be enough proof that I own at least this car.

Second, I am not famous and never will be, hopefully. But the design on the car is unique, and its used on all my cars. As in the design will give away an identity. So please cut the crap - a forum should stay a forum.

Third, I didn't know you had to be a "racing" driver to own either car. I would have thought a racing driver would find other cars more interesting.

Fourth, the MotorBend H2H of the F10 CP vs. an E63S 4matic (4matic means AWD!!) with a ton more power?????? Do you really think the F10 CP stood a chance? I guess we should commend MotorTrend on stating the obvious - great journalism.

Fifth, how am I being selective? Im just putting the vids from more mature discussions on BMW boards where AMG and BMW owners look at real life vids not magazine covers. I understand that in NA you love media, and use media to drive your consumption, but are you not in any way interested in how the car performs in the hands of people that actually own them? I would happily post videos of the M5 winning if there were any - I am sure there will be. But the diehard owners that have raced to this day seem to all suggest the E63s is faster (SUGGEST being the key word for those of selective hearing i.e. It may or may not be true in the long run)

Sixth, the "resounding victory" comment was completely meant with sarcasm. As in I was just pointing out how some users on this forum react to any magazine review. I'm glad you bit that bait just to prove my point.

Seventh, I live in the centre and have no1 around me that owns M5s. Bentaygas, Range Rovers, G-Wagens, Hondas, Fords, even a Chiron. So I have little opportunity to race anyone. However last June, as soon as I ran-in the car I went to an airfield where a huracan and 488 (spiders) were both slapped in the derriere.
Bit the bait? Laying bait now are we? Classic troll move. Should've known....

Still waiting for that super awesome paint job pics.... I am really curious now.
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50
      04-23-2018, 02:34 PM   #105
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:

You have been wrong since "first". And "reveal your identity?
Seems to contradict your "Second". "Third" Experience with racing helps you to not talk out your be-hind. Very quoting things from the internet. Your "fourth" is silly - the BMW lost the comparo - it isn't just about performance - it would be a short program otherwise. Your point is that these things are fixed - like every test where the F90 wins according to you - why would that differ - especially in a subjective decision like H2H if that were so? "Fifth" - more mature boards? Seriously - you have to stop. Street videos are the most unreliable source. Do you know how many people say they are stock are tuned or more? This goes to back to my point about "third". You are naive to the racing world. This "may or may not be true" is trolling language. Racing is math: power, weight, traction, driver and the proper settings for the car to run optimally. The outcome will almost always be the same. "Sixth" - if you are glad people "bit the bait" - you are a Troll. Thank-you for confirming.

"Seventh" - so wait - this is my favourite - you beat a 488 and Huracan with an E63S? 488 if it were a dig race - maybe - due to traction - but a Huracan? That traps 132-135 MPH in the 1/4? No. You did not.

Must be quite a place where you live - Chiron - and Hondas - but no BMW's.

Lol.
Appreciate 1
elitex1231.50
      04-23-2018, 05:17 PM   #106
Goonba
Private
Rep

Quote:
Seems to contradict your "Second". "Third" Experience with racing helps you to not talk out your be-hind. Very quoting things from the internet. Your "fourth" is silly - the BMW lost the comparo - it isn't just about performance - it would be a short program otherwise. Your point is that these things are fixed - like every test where the F90 wins according to you - why would that differ - especially in a subjective decision like H2H if that were so? "Fifth" - more mature boards? Seriously - you have to stop. Street videos are the most unreliable source. Do you know how many people say they are stock are tuned or more? This goes to back to my point about "third". You are naive to the racing world. This "may or may not be true" is trolling language. Racing is math: power, weight, traction, driver and the proper settings for the car to run optimally. The outcome will almost always be the same. "Sixth" - if you are glad people "bit the bait" - you are a Troll. Thank-you for confirming.

"Seventh" - so wait - this is my favourite - you beat a 488 and Huracan with an E63S? 488 if it were a dig race - maybe - due to traction - but a Huracan? That traps 132-135 MPH in the 1/4? No. You did not.

Lol.
Ok big shot.....as a previous guy said, you seem a little deceived by your own grandeur - or, the "I'm always right" tool.

And yes (read again what i wrote)..... a 488 SPIDER and huracan SPYDER (together SPIDERS) struggle to get out of 11s on a runway. But again, your text book of perfect conditions and local mechanic's knowledge will tell you otherwise.

Yes, in the area where I live, M5s and E63s are rare (drug dealer cars ). But if you want a Brabus, Lambo, Bentley, Rarri, Porsche etc etc etc there are plenty of those. There are also plenty of BMWs, Mercs, Hondas and Priusi but they are used by uber drivers.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 05:36 PM   #107
elitex
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Lol.
Ignore him man, that's what I am going to do. He's going to beat you with his ignorant experience. What a troll. He actually said that he would've bought an M5 if it was .1s faster. Hahahaha.

TBH, every forum's got a few. I remember a guy just like him arguing how ppl who bought a Lexus LX were dumb and should've bought a GX. Made countless dumb arguments, ignored the facts to prove his points.

Time will tell which car is faster. I have a feeling that it'll be inconclusive for some time since they are so close. I've owned faster cars and straight line and speed isn't everything. This a second M car I am in total love with that I've owned. First was my E92 M3.
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50
      04-23-2018, 05:46 PM   #108
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
Ok big shot.....as a previous guy said, you seem a little deceived by your own grandeur - or, the "I'm always right" tool.

And yes (read again what i wrote)..... a 488 SPIDER and huracan SPYDER (together SPIDERS) struggle to get out of 11s on a runway. But again, your text book of perfect conditions and local mechanic's knowledge will tell you otherwise.

Yes, in the area where I live, M5s and E63s are rare (drug dealer cars ). But if you want a Brabus, Lambo, Bentley, Rarri, Porsche etc etc etc there are plenty of those. There are also plenty of BMWs, Mercs, Hondas and Priusi but they are used by uber drivers.
Thanks for the title. You are getting frustrated with facts you can’t argue. Again - it’s not about grandeur or anything else - it’s about being accurate.

Huracans are mid 10 second and mid 130 MPH cars. 488’s have been to known to run even higher MPH. Yes - a SPIDER is heavier - but not mid 11’s heavier lol.

And regardless - even if the people in your very particular town of Chirons and Honda’s and Brabus cars...and Bimmer Uber drivers - can’t manage to drive their SPIDERS - you aren’t spanking anyone with a low 11 second car (that would be “your” E63S to be clear).

So again - I think we are on the same page that your are highly biased and wishing to elicit responses - a la Troll.

The two are very very close. Period. The F90 quicker to the 1/4 and the E63S faster in a roll. That’s about it.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 05:54 PM   #109
Goonba
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitex View Post
Ignore him man, that's what I am going to do. He's going to beat you with his ignorant experience. What a troll. He actually said that he would've bought an M5 if it was .1s faster. Hahahaha.

TBH, every forum's got a few. I remember a guy just like him arguing how ppl who bought a Lexus LX were dumb and should've bought a GX. Made countless dumb arguments, ignored the facts to prove his points.

Time will tell which car is faster. I have a feeling that it'll be inconclusive for some time since they are so close. I've owned faster cars and straight line and speed isn't everything. This a second M car I am in total love with that I've owned. First was my E92 M3.
Yet again you are putting words in my mouth. YOU said I would have bought it if it was 0.1s - I never said that.

I said if it performed much better I would have got it.

More specifically, my E63 is now 1 years old and I thought BMW would make the M5 the fastest combustion sedan ever - the final F*** U to electric power before everyone switched to hybrid. Yes if it was epic handling and Tesla P1253284D fast (which would be very respectable from BMW) I would have switched. Most likely, that title with go to the GT AMG sedan/dolphin/thing.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 06:06 PM   #110
Goonba
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the title. You are getting frustrated with facts you can’t argue. Again - it’s not about grandeur or anything else - it’s about being accurate.
Your argument of "accurate" has no basis. Magazine pages are not regulated. This isn't the Guinness Book of Records where everything needs to be recorded, average and audited with multiple runs. The car magazine "ecosystem" is a complete mystery. Every other industry is now dominated by customer reviews/demos - yet fanboys still cling on to those digits printed on the pages.......
Appreciate 0