F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Do all engine services yourself
ARMA SPEED

01-27-2016, 03:21 AM   #1
Svensken
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: g01 x3 m40d lci

Do all engine services yourself

Hi,

Maybe this has already been answered, but I couldnt find anything when I googled this site.

I have a 2012 f30 320d and my plan is to own the car to the end of its life. Therefore I want to perform all services such as engine oil, fuel filter etc by myself. It has reached 80000km and im out of free services from BMW.

Can I add my own services to iDrive and make it look "real" when looking in the menus? If yes, how do I do? I don't want the car to tell me the oil have not been changed just because I did the oil change myself.

I hope you understand my poor english.

Thanks
Svensken
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 03:01 AM   #2
joq3
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30 M/T -13

From what I understand this is not possible.
You can reset the oil service interval in the dash, by holding the ODO reset button.
But when checking the iDrive Service history it will be empty.

To add things to the service history the place that does the service must be connected to BMW's servers to complete it. This is what I have learned.

I want to do the same thing, but when you sell the car it won't look good if there is no service history. So I'm a bit disappointed that they made it this hard.
I mean, to replace air filter and microfilter, I have to take it to the shop, that is an easy replacement. And here in Sweden they charge about double on everything compared to the US. An oil change is about $400-450 at BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 02:51 AM   #3
Booey1979
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i m-sport BBK 2piece

That's ridiculous to have to hook it up. However, receipts should suffice. If you are paranoid, take a video with the receipt and the service performed, then upload it to youtube to "time stamp it." That is if you are planning to sell the care later on. Not an issue for OP who's gonna keep the car.
Appreciate 0