BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT    Ppf and radar install

04-05-2022, 06:36 PM   #23
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Maybe so, but seeing is believing. Doesn't really matter if he's gonna warranty the work that's days I'm without my car again, plus no guarantee it's not gonna peel again, how many times am I gonna go get this fixed before I decide it's not worth my time and go pay someone else and now I'm out double the money? I mean there's no guarantee another shop wouldn't peel, but I haven't seen evidence of any issues thus far with one place so I'd rather put my trust in them. On top of the fact he's extremely expensive and as the reviews say extremely unresponsive when it comes to talking to people. Didn't really want to get into this here but might as well now. After speaking to him on the phone was told to text him my email address so he could put everything in writing for me, and that phone call was the last I heard of him, asked about scheduling and how far in advance I'd need to work something out and crickets... I'm usually skeptical when it comes to reviews and will always give the benefit of the doubt but once I experience it for myself there's no more room for doubts.

Now to explain my experience with autocouture as a comparison, called right before they closed asked if I could see some of their work, was told I could come whenever so I went the next day, spoke to Matt who walked me through the procedure and showed me a car they just finished as well as his own personal car that had ppf done some time ago with no issues i could see. He told me they book about a month out and that I'd need to put down a deposit and he'd get back to me once his team came in since I had some odd custom requests. Sent him an email before I left the parking lot so he had my info and got an email back a few hours later as confirmation he got my message. 2 days later got the quote as well as a breakdown of everything I wanted. Paid the deposit and was told to reach back out when I have a clear delivery date to sort things out. Very simple and easy, have 12 emails back and forth since I had a few more questions. I asked phil the same questions never got a response, asked if I could go take a look at some things he's working on he said yeah sure I'll call you when I start working on it in a few days and again nothing. That's the difference in a business that cares about their customers and communication and one that doesn't IMO. Sure we can all argue he's busy, but then who's to say he's not gonna rush my car or others cars just because he's that busy and needs to knock em out? Maybe that's why the ppf was peeling? Who knows? But that's certainly what's stuck in the back of my head now.
I agree. The guys at ACM have always been very responsive to me. One peeve I have is when people give you an email contact option and then fail to actually respond to emails. That always puts up a Red Flag for me.
      04-05-2022, 08:26 PM   #24
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM5NYC View Post
I agree. The guys at ACM have always been very responsive to me. One peeve I have is when people give you an email contact option and then fail to actually respond to emails. That always puts up a Red Flag for me.
emails I can sort of understand, I mean my dealers emails get sent to spam half the time so I get that, but a text message? you can't say you didn't get it, and I sent a few lol
Appreciate 0