BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    So if you had $50K to invest, where would you put it?

05-18-2020, 12:01 PM   #771
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
It has been very hard to figure which drug or med tech stock to buy, but you should probably try, even now.
I've been in & out of a few since March, & did manage to score!

Murf
Yeah, that was the main reason. It would have been a gamble in picking one.

Too high now. After all this, what would they work on?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 02:28 PM   #772
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Also one more if others are looking and I will stay off for awhile. It opened at 1.20 and now at 1.32.

SFET.

Do your own research but they have retired all of their debt. I bought in at 1.17 I believe. It's easily worth $2.00+ and they have an Earnings Report coming out in about 2-3 weeks.

http://www.globenewswire.com/news-re...ture-Debt.html
Appreciate it brother.

You're definitely on-top of it.

P.S. I have an order for SEEL set at 0.88, but I don't think it's going to get filled, not today anyhow.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-19-2020, 12:07 AM   #773
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Optimism seems to be morphing into delusion with today's markets. I can't believe todays rally given where we were on Wednesday. Oh well, time to buy more puts.
Appreciate 1
premier3is1631.50
      05-19-2020, 12:33 AM   #774
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Nerd View Post
Optimism seems to be morphing into delusion with today's markets. I can't believe todays rally given where we were on Wednesday. Oh well, time to buy more puts.
Pardon my ignorance but what is a put?

I had great gains today and got out of one airline stock DAL. I hope it rallies again tomorrow and I can get out of UAL.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 12:33 AM   #775
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Gotten to a point where I don't even want to look at the market no more. One day up 700-900 points and then down 500-900... once again, all I'll say is good luck to everyone investing at this time, it clearly has a mind of its own.

Good luck on your puts. OTM long term puts or short term? What's the options strategies you running?
Appreciate 2
Nuckle2218.00
Rmtt8211.00
      05-19-2020, 12:44 AM   #776
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Quote:

I had great gains today and got out of one airline stock DAL. I hope it rallies again tomorrow and I can get out of UAL.
I believe you had mentioned you were somewhat new to investing.

If so, become more trained in trading stocks before jumping into options. Calls and puts are options trading. This is definitely one you'll have to really understand in details (which I won't go into, maybe someone else can) before trading, since it's much more riskier than stocks. Basically a call option gives the buyer the right to buy an asset at a set price. It's derivative investing, and you can lose everything really, really fast.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-19-2020, 12:52 AM   #777
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Quote:

If so, become more trained in trading stocks before jumping into options. Calls and puts are options trading. This is definitely one you'll have to really understand in details (which I won't go into, maybe someone else can) before trading, since it's much more riskier than stocks. Basically a call option gives the buyer the right to buy an asset at a set price. It's derivative investing, and you can lose everything really, really fast.
Thanks!

Wasn't going to even attempt it but was just curious. I feel fancy setting trail atop percentages at this point.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 01:05 AM   #778
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

Wasn't going to even attempt it but was just curious. I feel fancy setting trail atop percentages at this point.
If you want to learn options trading, there's a lot of YouTube videos you can watch to get an idea and learn.

Someone I know mentioned a website they used to learn some basic for options trading, you can give it a shot if you'd like. I've never used it, but based on their feedback it's pretty good.

https://www.tastytrade.com/tt/learn
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 02:17 AM   #779
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Quote:
Gotten to a point where I don't even want to look at the market no more. One day up 700-900 points and then down 500-900... once again, all I'll say is good luck to everyone investing at this time, it clearly has a mind of its own.

Good luck on your puts. OTM long term puts or short term? What's the options strategies you running?
I agree with you. This violability is overall a sign of bear market, however hard to predict it in any way at this time. I'm going cash neutral after this Friday.

I usually play short term (2-3 weeks out) and buy on days such as today where market gets a huge upswing for no apparently (good) reason. Today, for example, most puts decreased 50-60% compared to Friday's pricing and I only buy options on blue chip stocks where there is high volume/interest.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00
premier3is1631.50
      05-19-2020, 04:22 AM   #780
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:

+1.

Aside from holding the stock. Calls and Puts are the next level up. You can make some really good money, but you better know all the metrics of the stock you are playing with.

After that...then "shorts". I have friends who have made tons of cash on shorting a stock...and also lost tons of cash as well.

Right now there is plenty of action with just straight cash.
premier3is1631.50
      05-19-2020, 08:30 AM   #781
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Can anyone tell me how I ended up with 1 share of HOTH in my positions? It shows I paid $0 for it. Didn't know things like that could happen. I know I didn't buy it as I have never heard of it.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 08:43 AM   #782
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can anyone tell me how I ended up with 1 share of HOTH in my positions? It shows I paid $0 for it. Didn't know things like that could happen. I know I didn't buy it as I have never heard of it.
It probably came from Aiki as they were doing a distribution.

If you aren't in Aiki...then I don't know where as that was the only one I was aware of.
      05-19-2020, 08:56 AM   #783
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It probably came from Aiki as they were doing a distribution.

If you aren't in Aiki...then I don't know where as that was the only one I was aware of.
I am in AIKI.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-19-2020, 09:04 AM   #784
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am in AIKI.
Yeah...they had a 1 share of Hoth distribuition for every 500 shares of Aiki you owned.

Crazy enough...they filed an 8K that is probably going to make it run pretty hard. Probably see $7 or more.
      05-19-2020, 09:09 AM   #785
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I am in AIKI.
Yeah...they had a 1 share of Hoth distribuition for every 500 shares of Aiki you owned.

Crazy enough...they filed an 8K that is probably going to make it run pretty hard. Probably see $7 or more.
That's good news. I hope I don't have to pay you commission on it lol.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00
      05-19-2020, 09:30 AM   #786
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's good news. I hope I don't have to pay you commission on it lol.
LOL......No...I'm an amateur at all of this. The biggest advantage I have going for me is I am good with numbers, and good at sorting through information.
      05-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #787
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Well, looks like my SEEL order didn't get filled at .88 yesterday. I extended the order and bumped it up to 0.90, but debating if AIKI might be a better candidate for a run. I saw what it did last month and think it could happen again with some good news.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #788
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
Well, looks like my SEEL order didn't get filled at .88 yesterday. I extended the order and bumped it up to 0.90, but debating if AIKI might be a better candidate for a run. I saw what it did last month and think it could happen again with some good news.
It's up to you my man....but Aiki is a Pump and Dump scheme. I know as I have done it 3 times already. There is some strong dislike of the CEO...he's known to screw investors over. Last one I got out on was when the stock was over $2.00+ and he did an offering at $1.00 a share to raise money.

**Edit** It may be good for another couple of runs, it just takes too long for me.

Plus Sabby is in that one as well with a big stake, and they are notorious for holding a stock down and putting up resistance....and then they milk it for penny's at a time.

SEEL still has a lot of stuff coming in the next couple of weeks. They had a press release yesterday and one today about hosting a conference on what will be coming.

Low Market cap as well...so when it runs people will be paying a premium for the shares. Anything a buck and under is gold in my opinion!

Last edited by Rmtt; 05-19-2020 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2020, 10:27 AM   #789
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's up to you my man....but Aiki is a Pump and Dump scheme. I know as I have done it 3 times already. There is some strong dislike of the CEO...he's known to screw investors over. Last one I got out on was when the stock was over $2.00+ and he did an offering at $1.00 a share to raise money.

**Edit** It may be good for another couple of runs, it just takes too long for me.

Plus Sabby is in that one as well with a big stake, and they are notorious for holding a stock down and putting up resistance....and then they milk it for penny's at a time.

SEEL still has a lot of stuff coming in the next couple of weeks. They had a press release yesterday and one today about hosting a conference on what will be coming.

Low Market cap as well...so when it runs people will be paying a premium for the shares. Anything a buck and under is gold in my opinion!
AIKI is a mess, I was reading your posts on here about it in March, and it seemed pretty chaotic to say the least.

Lol, as soon as I posted on here, my SEEL order got filled at 0.91. Shall wait and see what happens. Like I told you before, it's money I can afford to lose if it goes south. I mean, hopefully I don't lose my ass on it, I picked up 5500 shares which uses up the remainder of my mess around cash.

Still heavily invested in the airlines (finally in the green), so my risk tolerance is about at its wits end.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-19-2020, 10:58 AM   #790
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
AIKI is a mess, I was reading your posts on here about it in March, and it seemed pretty chaotic to say the least.

Lol, as soon as I posted on here, my SEEL order got filled at 0.91. Shall wait and see what happens. Like I told you before, it's money I can afford to lose if it goes south. I mean, hopefully I don't lose my ass on it, I picked up 5500 shares which uses up the remainder of my mess around cash.

Still heavily invested in the airlines (finally in the green), so my risk tolerance is about at its wits end.
Great.

SEEL...man if you can see Level 2 data...the wall to $1 is thin as can be. And on the 3 month chart it is a classic "Cup with Handle". I see it consolidating for a few days and then it will start to rise.

There is a Conference call next Tuesday discussing SLS-002 that I'm waiting on.

Just keep an eye on it. When it goes, people will be selling this at a 1.5 and will be screwing themselves. The drug voucher they have is worth 5X the company. I'm surprised that they haven't had someone try to buy them.

Plus what they are doing is beneficial to people. So we get to make money on a stock that helps people out!

Last edited by Rmtt; 05-19-2020 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2020, 11:24 AM   #791
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I agree with you. This violability is overall a sign of bear market, however hard to predict it in any way at this time. I'm going cash neutral after this Friday.

I usually play short term (2-3 weeks out) and buy on days such as today where market gets a huge upswing for no apparently (good) reason. Today, for example, most puts decreased 50-60% compared to Friday's pricing and I only buy options on blue chip stocks where there is high volume/interest.
Are you buying in, at or out of the money puts?

Going to assume out of money puts since you are relying on those heavily swings. And yes, totally agree, buying options on low volatility stocks will have Theta eat up your money fast.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 12:29 PM   #792
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I am in AIKI.

How do you make sure you don't miss the spike in price? If I remember the last one only lasted a short period of time. Go ahead and set a limit sale on it?
Appreciate 0