Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #23
dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Coupe xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dL. View Post
I'm glad you noticed!

I haven't seen one that is perfect. They all either have at least one button that's a bit recessed or raised up.

These are the little details that makes BMW different than other brands. Other brands don't have these because they don't cheap out.

If you want to discover other OCD-like anomalies, I'll give you another one that all F30/32/80/82 M Sport and M steering wheels have. Go check your steering wheel and wrap your hand around the 3 and 9 o clock position and use your fingers to feel the back of the leather. Your right hand (3 o clock) will have less leather wrapped behind and less surface area than the left hand (9 o clock). All of them are like that to a varying degree and don't ask me why it is asymmetric like that. Also wrap your hands around the leather at 5 and 7 o clock position and you may discover that one side feels thicker than the other.

I can list out a few more if anyone likes to hear them, and I can only discover that much in a BMW for some reason...

dL

Do you have a woman in your life? I'm just poking. Now you're going to make me go check my ///M Sport wheel. I'm going to LMAO if you're right.
Sedan_clan, I do haha and she's picky almost like me but only in bags and shoes and you know, the usual girl stuff hahaha.

Check my post again, I added another one! Hahaha. I swear I can write an article about my findings. It's ridiculous. I mean if you paid attention to other threads, another member discovered that the cloth M seats have different patterns between the left bolster area and the right bolster area, and it is extremely noticeable just above the M emblem. Welcome to BMW!

dL
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:36 PM   #24
accce
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SBM/BLK EXT CC Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspyrops View Post
I don't see what you mean?

Then your a lucky one
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:38 PM   #25
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Sedan_clan, I do haha and she's picky almost like me but only in bags and shoes and you know, the usual girl stuff hahaha.

Check my post again, I added another one! Hahaha. I swear I can write an article about my findings. It's ridiculous. I mean if you paid attention to other threads, another member discovered that the cloth M seats have different patterns between the left bolster area and the right bolster area, and it is extremely noticeable just above the M emblem. Welcome to BMW!

dL

Damn you! You're going to make my flawless car flawed.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:42 PM   #26
dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

dL

Damn you! You're going to make my flawless car flawed.
Hahaha sorry brother!

Sedan_clan, do you have an F80 or F82?

I apologize for going slightly off-topic but I'm sure we can just label this as the OCD-Discovery thread soon.

Back on topic! According to F30post, if you use your nails to poke at the buttons, you will wear them very soon and lights will leak through as you have scratched the paint, as shown on the picture on page 1! I highly doubt they have solved that for the new M3/M4's.

dL
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:45 PM   #27
kinimod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 GT3

Noticed the buttons misalignment too. I've been saying this over and over: F8x interior quality is shit. Hyundai can do better for half the price. Deal with it and stop defending. And I'm not some troll from a Ferrari forum, I've just spent real $80K on my M4. The M5 and M6 is entirely different world... but it's a whale.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:46 PM   #28
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha sorry brother!

Sedan_clan, do you have an F80 or F82?

I apologize for going slightly off-topic but I'm sure we can just label this as the OCD-Discovery thread soon.

Back on topic! According to F30post, if you use your nails to poke at the buttons, you will wear them very soon and lights will leak through as you have scratched the paint, as shown on the picture on page 1! I highly doubt they have solved that for the new M3/M4's.

dL
I have an F30 currently......F82 currently in production. I wear ///M driving gloves to keep my greasy lil finger oils from ruining interior components. I caught on fast back in the E46 era. My OCD is dialed in!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:47 PM   #29
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinimod View Post
Noticed the buttons misalignment too. I've been saying this over and over: F8x interior quality is shit. Hyundai can do better for half the price. Deal with it and stop defending. And I'm not some troll from a Ferrari forum, I've just spent real $80K on my M4. The M5 and M6 is entirely different world... but it's a whale.

So why did you buy an F82 again?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:50 PM   #30
kinimod
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
So why did you buy an F82 again?
It drives amazingly well, such a great balance of fun, comfort, practicality, sport, emotion, character. This BMW can still do the best
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #31
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
It drives amazingly well, such a great balance of fun, comfort, practicality, sport, emotion, character. This BMW can still do the best

At least your priorities were right despite you not being happy with the interior. Well done Sir!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #32
dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinimod
Thank you! Perfect statement. It questions me every time when so many people love to defend for a company who is clearly doing a disservice to consumers by cutting cost everywhere. Unless you have shares from BMW, then I can understand.

To support that, my friend's base model Hyundai Sonata's or my parent's 2014 Mazda 3 power window buttons do not creak. Try lifting the switches (close windows) on your F30/32/80/82 on a sunny day and I guarantee you can make a creaking symphony out of it. You may need to try it out after 10k miles so a PDI definitely cannot pick that up.

Beware however, as you may pull off the entire power window switch unit out like I did because the clip came loose for some reason.

dL
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #33
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
This forum is going to make me hate my car before I even get it... My OCD will be out of control, and my head will implode when I do the PDI.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #34
dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

At least your priorities were right despite you not being happy with the interior. Well done Sir!
Yep, that's pretty much the only reason that BMW can get away with cutting cost. Hardly any companies can match the driving dynamics of a BMW and that is something far greater than all of the crap I've said so far haha. That's the #firstworldproblem sacrifice we have to accept.

dL
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:59 PM   #35
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
This forum is going to make me hate my car before I even get it... My OCD will be out of control, and my head will implode when I do the PDI.
You can do the BMW Zoloft mod. You won't care about the buttons and you will probably get less tickets and wash your car less often.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #36
kinimod
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yep, that's pretty much the only reason that BMW can get away with cutting cost. Hardly any companies can match the driving dynamics of a BMW and that is something far greater than all of the crap I've said so far haha. That's the #firstworldproblem sacrifice we have to accept.

dL
Ultimately we're buying fun and experience in life. If you want value, you buy different stuff. Does the M3, M4, M5, M6 give you the "holy fucking shit" feeling on every full throttle corner exit as you upshift? It does for me. I've driven faster and more expensive cars that did not give me that feeling or experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 10:07 PM   #37
dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ultimately we're buying fun and experience in life. If you want quality, you buy different stuff. Does the M3, M4, M5, M6 give you the "holy fucking shit" feeling on every full throttle corner exit? It does for me. I've driven faster and more expensive cars that did not give me that feeling or experience.
Fixed

dL
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 10:18 PM   #38
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
...I wear ///M driving gloves...
Because any ole driving gloves will void the warranty.

Cheers.
      06-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #39
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin
Quote:
...I wear ///M driving gloves...
Because any ole driving gloves will void the warranty.

Cheers.

Gotta be OEM approved. I have the part number for those that need it.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 11:30 PM   #40
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
\ swear I can write an article about my findings. It's ridiculous. I mean if you paid attention to other threads, another member discovered that the cloth M seats have different patterns between the left bolster area and the right bolster area, and it is extremely noticeable just above the M emblem. Welcome to BMW!

dL
That's an article I'd read! Do it, do it!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 07:52 AM   #41
dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy
Quote:
\ swear I can write an article about my findings. It's ridiculous. I mean if you paid attention to other threads, another member discovered that the cloth M seats have different patterns between the left bolster area and the right bolster area, and it is extremely noticeable just above the M emblem. Welcome to BMW!

dL
That's an article I'd read! Do it, do it!
Hahaha that'd be a pretty boring article!

I'll give you another one. Tap the button that turns on the interior driver-side dome light. Now tap the passenger and you will most probably notice that it feels quite different. One might be a bit stiffer than the other for example. This also applies to the misaligned radio buttons, and the dual zone climate dials.

Now you might ask, well all buttons are going to feel different, right? Wrong. Try touching the iDrive set of buttons and they are pretty much perfect in haptic & feel.

dL
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 08:24 AM   #42
BD SM3RF
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB F80

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hahaha that'd be a pretty boring article!

I'll give you another one. Tap the button that turns on the interior driver-side dome light. Now tap the passenger and you will most probably notice that it feels quite different. One might be a bit stiffer than the other for example. This also applies to the misaligned radio buttons, and the dual zone climate dials.

Now you might ask, well all buttons are going to feel different, right? Wrong. Try touching the iDrive set of buttons and they are pretty much perfect in haptic & feel.

dL
Oh my! I know some have been disappointed to learn their cars are not as perfect as they thought but on the bright side I have learned that I am not OCD after all... I will show this thread to my wife cause otherwise she is still going to want a second opinion when I tell her I'm very picky about cars and not cetifiably OCD
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #43
Reedomn
Major
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8

weird...mine goes to 11 ??
Attached Images

e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #44
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

DANG IT. Reading this thread made me go look and sure enough, '8' is cockeyed. OCD KICKING IN HAAARD.

DSC_3369 by Kit W, on Flickr
Appreciate 0