BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Front bumper paint

02-21-2020, 09:29 PM   #23
gojumatt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4

Hey man, you arguing against reality and fact. The thickness can, indeed, throw off the calibration of the blind spot and cross traffic alert sensors that are behind the bumper. Reed the article from BMW and icar. Jeez, I feel like I’m trying to argue the point with an inexperienced insurance adjuster. You fix cars your way, I’ll do it my way.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 09:33 PM   #24
gojumatt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
cool, man. I'm sure you enjoy ripping folks off on a bumper job.

you're telling me you'd tell someone like OP to replace his bumper if he came into your shop? That is criminal.
Criminal fixing the cars the way the manufacturer mandates because of safety concerns? Holy shit. Wowsers. Speechless. You ever hear of John Eagle and a certain Honda Fit?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 06:24 AM   #25
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojumatt View Post
Criminal fixing the cars the way the manufacturer mandates because of safety concerns? Holy shit. Wowsers. Speechless. You ever hear of John Eagle and a certain Honda Fit?

You're using this "safety and manufacturer" as an excuse to rip people off. You know very well a 99% of bumpers can be repaired.

Sorry bud, i'm not in business to rob people. As i said, i've done numerous BMW, Aston, Bentely, all with PDC, (repairs) and i have yet to have ANY issue with sensors. I'm done with this conversation. Replacing a bumper for something like what OP has, is ridiculous.
Appreciate 0