BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    ConnectedDrive showing "Status not available" from Info tab

05-25-2020, 02:45 PM   #1
nolaf90
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5C

ConnectedDrive showing "Status not available" from Info tab

Picked up a 2020 M5C last week after trading in my M550i. My ConnectedDrive is not working fully. I am able to send remote commands to the vehicle, use Remote 3D view, locate vehicle, lock/unlock, etc. However, when I go to the "Info" tab where mileage and VIN should be shown I see the message "Status not available."

I checked on the web version of ConnectedDrive and all services are enabled and nothing seems amiss. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times, tried removing the vehicle from the app and readding (also several times). Nothing seems to work to get the Info tab to show data. I also checked for a vehicle software update and the website tool to check for that tells me no update is required.

Has anyone else had this issue with their f90 and getting ConnectedDrive to work fully?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 09:24 PM   #2
nolaf90
Rep

Called BMW Genius hotline because this problem is getting super serious

They had me update iDrive Apps and Services (hit Options from the iDrive controller when on the Apps menu). This didn't fix the issue. I had already tried this earlier from reading about issues other people were having with iDrive remote functions not working. My situation is the opposite of that where remote functions like unlock/lock/horn/lights all work fine from the app, but the info tab just shows this "status not available" error.

Not a huge deal but I always liked being able to see the mileage from that tab on my m550i.

Anyway just thought I'd give an update on my only problem so far with the new ride. Aside from this minor issue I haven't regretted the trade.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 12:53 PM   #3
Junior1234
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M50d and 2020 M5

I have the exact opposite problem with the app. My remote functions doesn´t talk to the car. But it reads the information correctly on the info tb.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 01:39 PM   #4
nolaf90
Rep

still having the issue after it looks like the ConnectedDrive app updated

Got a screenshot this time. Super annoying to not be able to check mileage. Worked just fine on my 2018 M550i.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 05:59 PM   #5
nolaf90
Rep

Great news, this was fixed today when I brought the vehicle in for my breakin service. They said they had to re-register something on their side (I forgot exactly what it was) and now my app works completely.
Appreciate 0