BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    M5 Competition question???

01-25-2020, 04:44 PM   #177
MarkNewM5COMPETITION
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 COMPETITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGillies View Post
Just took delivery (1st Sept.) of my M5 Comp. still running in with 500 miles to date, however I note when I start the car the dashboard shows an "M" logo only and does not have the "M" with COMPETITION written below it, why would be this be on a competition car?

Every other competition car I have seen welcomes you with the M logo underneath which is the word competition, seems to make sense on a competition variant.

Also my exhaust seems quiet, no crackles, pop's or bangs as per the many YouTube reviews out there. Am I to assume both issues wll be addressed at the running in service (1200 miles)?

Can anyone comment or help clarify, should I challenge my dealer on this or not?
The competition should say it. Switch to sport mode
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #178
M5NL
Rep
Drives: M5 2020

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5NL View Post
Thanks for sharing indeed!
I wrote to them in November and still have not got an official reply beside the "we are working on it" if they take 3 months for this reply, I will be even more pissed off. I asked for compensation of the sport exhaust option which I think considering the rip off is the bare minimum.
So finally got the official mail from BMW, they will pay me back the sport exhaust since it makes no more sound, so that is something at least !
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 01:49 PM   #179
DGillies
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Comp. MBB

M5NL

Hi M5NL, would you be kind enough to share your letter stating a refund of the exhaust? I remain devastated by the whole issue and although I love the car it is on my mind everyday and detracting from my ownership experience. If they are refunding at least they feel a little pain and may be forced to offer an alternate solution.

The issue is that Audi and Mercedes have not toned down the RS and AMG and I drove an M8 3 weeks ago (brand new Jan 2020 car) and it sounded incredible with pops and bangs a plenty so why change the M5 only if it is regulation???

Thanks in advance if you are able to share a copy, I can send you my private mail address if it helps.
Appreciate 2
      02-22-2020, 04:13 PM   #180
momo1M
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGillies View Post
Hi M5NL, would you be kind enough to share your letter stating a refund of the exhaust? I remain devastated by the whole issue and although I love the car it is on my mind everyday and detracting from my ownership experience. If they are refunding at least they feel a little pain and may be forced to offer an alternate solution.

The issue is that Audi and Mercedes have not toned down the RS and AMG and I drove an M8 3 weeks ago (brand new Jan 2020 car) and it sounded incredible with pops and bangs a plenty so why change the M5 only if it is regulation???

Thanks in advance if you are able to share a copy, I can send you my private mail address if it helps.
Does this regulation affects cars in Canada?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 01:47 PM   #181
DGillies
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Comp. MBB

Hi momo1M, no it does not, European cars only. Lucky you!!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 02:28 PM   #182
Earlando86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 and F90 M5

I brought a brand new 2019 M5 (non-comp and no sport exhaust). And man does it sound great! The crackles and pops were unexpected. I put the link below. Have you thought about going with an aftermarket company for your issue?

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 12:00 PM   #183
leeadam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp (Evolve Tune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyhoof View Post
Here is a difference both Competition both in sport plus mode

Pre update

Post update
its odd as been told my June 19 M5 comp has opf filters yet mine sounds like the pops and crackles one on these videos?
Appreciate 0