BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    New MAD Product Release - M5 & M8 short ram Intake System

11-27-2023, 04:49 PM   #1
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: bmw

New MAD Product Release - M5 & M8 short ram Intake System

MAD M5 M8 F90 F92 Cold Air Intake

Intake is shown connected to eventuri inlets pipes and Mpire Coolant reservoir relocation kit.

Introducing the MAD short ram Intake System for BMW M5 and M8 – Unleash the Power Within!

Revolutionize your driving experience with our latest MAD Intake System, specially designed for BMW S63 and n63 Engines . Engineered for performance at an unbeatable price, this intake system is your gateway to increased horsepower, enhanced throttle response, and an unmistakable engine growl.

Key Features:

Performance Unleashed: Our MAD Intake System is crafted to optimize air intake, delivering a noticeable boost in horsepower and torque. Feel the difference as your BMW M5 or M8 transforms into a powerhouse on the road.

Cost-Effective Excellence: We believe in providing premium performance at an affordable price. The MAD short ram Intake System ensures that you get the most out of your investment without compromising on quality.

6-Inch Filters: Experience superior air filtration with our generously sized 6-inch filters. Designed to capture more air without sacrificing efficiency, these filters contribute to improved engine performance.

Easy Installation: No need for complicated installations. Our intake system is designed for a hassle-free setup, allowing you to enjoy the benefits of enhanced performance in no time.

Distinctive Engine Growl: Elevate your driving experience with the unmistakable growl that accompanies the MAD Intake System. Let your BMW M5 or M8 be heard and recognized on the road.

Upgrade your ride without breaking the bank – choose the MAD short ram Intake System and unlock the full potential of your BMW M5 or M8. Drive with confidence, power, and a sound that sets you apart from the rest.

Fitment:

- 2018+ F90 BMW M5/M5C/M5CS
- 2020+ F92 BMW M8/M8C
- 2020+ F93 BMW M8/M8C
- 2020+ G30 BMW M550I (LCI models only)
- 2020+ G12 BMW 750I (LCI models only)
- 2019+ G15 BMW M850I
- 2019+ G16 BMW M850I

Pre-Order Available Shipping Feb 16th 2024.

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 12-28-2023 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 06:17 AM   #2
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Were you ever able to determine what is needed to connect to Dinan Inlets? How much HP increase on stock?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2023, 05:11 PM   #3
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRob View Post
Were you ever able to determine what is needed to connect to Dinan Inlets? How much HP increase on stock?
Not yet. Those intakes are coming very soon though.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 04:50 PM   #4
Mr. Jonathan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
MAD M5 M8 F90 F92 Cold Air Intake

Intake is shown connected to eventuri inlets pipes and Mpire Coolant reservoir relocation kit.

Introducing the MAD Low-Cost Intake System for BMW M5 and M8 – Unleash the Power Within!

Revolutionize your driving experience with our latest MAD Intake System, specially designed for BMW S63 and n63 Engines . Engineered for performance at an unbeatable price, this intake system is your gateway to increased horsepower, enhanced throttle response, and an unmistakable engine growl.

Key Features:

Performance Unleashed: Our MAD Intake System is crafted to optimize air intake, delivering a noticeable boost in horsepower and torque. Feel the difference as your BMW M5 or M8 transforms into a powerhouse on the road.

Cost-Effective Excellence: We believe in providing premium performance at an affordable price. The MAD Low-Cost Intake System ensures that you get the most out of your investment without compromising on quality.

6-Inch Filters: Experience superior air filtration with our generously sized 6-inch filters. Designed to capture more air without sacrificing efficiency, these filters contribute to improved engine performance.

Easy Installation: No need for complicated installations. Our intake system is designed for a hassle-free setup, allowing you to enjoy the benefits of enhanced performance in no time.

Distinctive Engine Growl: Elevate your driving experience with the unmistakable growl that accompanies the MAD Intake System. Let your BMW M5 or M8 be heard and recognized on the road.

Upgrade your ride without breaking the bank – choose the MAD Low-Cost Intake System and unlock the full potential of your BMW M5 or M8. Drive with confidence, power, and a sound that sets you apart from the rest.

Fitment:

- 2018+ F90 BMW M5/M5C/M5CS
- 2020+ F92 BMW M8/M8C
- 2020+ F93 BMW M8/M8C
- 2020+ G30 BMW M550I (LCI models only)
- 2020+ G12 BMW 750I (LCI models only)
- 2019+ G15 BMW M850I
- 2019+ G16 BMW M850I

Pre-Order Available Shipping Feb 16th 2024.
Does this picture show the coolant overflow tank repositioned on the M5 or is this an M8? If M5, does MAD offer a kit or is this DIY after the intake was installed. I'd like to do both if possible.

Edit: Yep just read the picture description....

Last edited by Mr. Jonathan; 12-28-2023 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: updated post
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 04:53 PM   #5
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jonathan View Post
Does this picture show the coolant overflow tank repositioned on the M5 or is this an M8? If M5, does MAD offer a kit or is this DIY after the intake was installed. I'd like to do both if possible.

Edit: Yep just read the picture description....
One of our dealers Mpire Autowerks in Newyork sells this kit.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 06:21 AM   #6
Mr. Jonathan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Comp

No heat-shield? do you have any data to show IATs are not effected or is the MAD intake w/heat-shield recommended?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 09:10 AM   #7
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

MAD sells 2 versions, with and without a heat shield. You can easily find these advertised.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2023, 10:11 AM   #8
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jonathan View Post
No heat-shield? do you have any data to show IATs are not effected or is the MAD intake w/heat-shield recommended?
It will more than likely have slightly higher iats when idling and low speeds compared to our heat shielded version. There is a still a good amount of air flow directed at the filter from the factory air ducts so the difference at speed is going to be more similar.

For customers that are looking for more sound and a lower cost its unlikely a few degrees will be an issue or even noticeable in daily driving.

For everyone else our heat shielded or new carbon intake may be a better option for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 03:44 PM   #9
Mccarlin
Rep
Drives: 2019 Nardo BMW M5 Comp

Please post when a version of the intakes are available to work with the Dinan inlets.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2024, 08:48 AM   #10
HelloM8s
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C, 20 F-150 Limited

I DIY'd my own short ram air intakes using 3.5" carbon fiber tubing and 6" filters. Looks identical and sounded amazing.
Although when logging it I noticed that my IAT's were on average 15* higher at WOT than the stock airbox with the same temps outside. (was acutally 3* cooler with the short ram air)

I then made a "heat shield" using 1/8" plastic sheeting and my temps were still averaging 11* higher.

I ended up just ordering Dinan inlets and using the stock airbox with BMF filters. Kind of hoped there was a way to get more turbo noises from the stock airbox.

Although the Mad Carbon intake does look promising.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 02:39 PM   #11
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloM8s View Post
I DIY'd my own short ram air intakes using 3.5" carbon fiber tubing and 6" filters. Looks identical and sounded amazing.
Although when logging it I noticed that my IAT's were on average 15* higher at WOT than the stock airbox with the same temps outside. (was acutally 3* cooler with the short ram air)

I then made a "heat shield" using 1/8" plastic sheeting and my temps were still averaging 11* higher.

I ended up just ordering Dinan inlets and using the stock airbox with BMF filters. Kind of hoped there was a way to get more turbo noises from the stock airbox.

Although the Mad Carbon intake does look promising.

Good info. May I ask how you performed this test on your Diy intakes?

I do agree if you want the lowest temps possible our carbon intake with a closed airbox design will be the best. But for those who want to hear their engine and turbo sounds and not tracking their vehicles our open intake designs are a lot of fun.
Appreciate 1
omgmike359.00