BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    xHP connection problems

12-13-2023, 09:55 AM   #1
Kponti
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8C comp

xHP connection problems

Vehicle is a 2023 M8c coupe. I posted in the 8 series forum but this has way more traffic here

I have the licence and map pack. I also have the xHP blue wireless adaptor, the recommended obd to Ethernet cable and a Ethernet to USBc cable.

Issue is when I plug in the wireless adapter (for initial unlock, supposed to be used), I see no Wi-Fi signal to connect to on my phone. Doesn't seem as though it's being broadcasted out at all.

So I tried connecting directly with the two cables to my phone
, I get a question asking if I want something or the other to connect I say yes, it disappears and nothing happens afterwards. If I try to connect via the xHP app, says it can't find an adapter.

What is the WiFi name for the xHP blue wireless adapter?
Is there something I need to do inside my car to make.the OBD port active?
Do I need a different adaptor to unlock the drivetrain?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2023, 08:45 PM   #2
bxdinster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 comp 2009 135i

g series and f90 m5 need can orange mhd adaptor for initial install of xhp only afterwards you can use the black enet mhd adaptor for map switches.

The adaptor should pop up under wifi but i never used xhp adaptors cant help you there
Appreciate 0