BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Dinan Tune

02-21-2019, 01:21 PM   #23
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5, 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev230 View Post
Dinan blankets the factory warranty period only
That's what I am worried about. I want a Dinan tune, but I want to have my extended warranty still valid the whole 7 years.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 04:00 PM   #24
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

I'll say this and it's a big change for me: BMW are now ALL OVER potential warranty violation mods. This is new to me since they rarely cared for any of my other cars 2016 and prior. Audi and Mercedes have always been fairly hot on this but BMW are right there alongside them now.

If the warranty is important to you, do NOT ECU tune and you should even be careful with making what may seem to be simple coding mods since they're looking/detecting those, too.

I was also told they scour the forums. I'm not sure how they tally online presence to some vehicle issue or other but, suffice it to say, don't post your VIN .

If anybody's interested in knowing more, feel free to PM me...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 04:35 PM   #25
turbomcgee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Found this on here - https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...php?p=24227468

Forum member asked -
"There is a Dinan advert in the latest issue of the BMW CCA magazine Roundel that says Dinan flash tunes return for F8x, M2, M3, M4 in Q1/2019 with the remainder of the current line-up to follow thereafter."

Dinan response -
"B series motor flash tunes come Q2 seems like a reasonable timetable. The M2/M3/M4 are the ones that will first come out however (may be a few other surprise platforms at first release as well). The delivery mechanism is the biggest hurdle we are currently tackling. the only thing concrete is M2/M3/M4 coming out in Q1"

I also spoke with Dinan and the F90 will be getting a flash tune, but a solid timeline isnt possible at this time. - It will really depend on how the ECU takes to tuning, so it could be summer if we're lucky or much later if we're not. - once again no promises on timeline, but it is coming.

Last edited by turbomcgee; 02-22-2019 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 04:04 PM   #26
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomcgee View Post
Found this on here - https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...php?p=24227468

Forum member asked -
"There is a Dinan advert in the latest issue of the BMW CCA magazine Roundel that says Dinan flash tunes return for F8x, M2, M3, M4 in Q1/2019 with the remainder of the current line-up to follow thereafter."

Dinan response -
"B series motor flash tunes come Q2 seems like a reasonable timetable. The M2/M3/M4 are the ones that will first come out however (may be a few other surprise platforms at first release as well). The delivery mechanism is the biggest hurdle we are currently tackling. the only thing concrete is M2/M3/M4 coming out in Q1"

I also spoke with Dinan and the F90 will be getting a flash tune, but a solid timeline isnt possible at this time. - It will really depend on how the ECU takes to tuning, so it could be summer if we're lucky or much later if we're not. - once again no promises on timeline, but it is coming.
EuroCharged is already offering an OBD II-installed ECU tune. FYI
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2019, 01:54 PM   #27
turbomcgee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
EuroCharged is already offering an OBD II-installed ECU tune. FYI

yeah but no dealer network or warranty. - there are other flash options out there too...but so far Carbahn and Dinan are the only ones planning to offer a warranty and do business with dealers.

I'm sure MHD, HEX and BootMod will be touching the F90 down the road too.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 12:31 PM   #28
jbordages
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition (on order)

One of the largest Dinan Dealers is still BMW of Manhattan (its a Premier Authorized Dealer). Why this is important is that BMW of Manhattan is corporate owned. If they sell/install something Dinan, you have to imagine BMW Corporate is ok with it.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 06:27 PM   #29
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbordages View Post
One of the largest Dinan Dealers is still BMW of Manhattan (its a Premier Authorized Dealer). Why this is important is that BMW of Manhattan is corporate owned. If they sell/install something Dinan, you have to imagine BMW Corporate is ok with it.
I don't see why. One dealership deciding to branch out isn't going to affect a warranty decision by BMW Corp. The dealership itself might offer something but your conclusion is a bit too optimistic in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 04:54 PM   #30
subzero05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335

Its a dealership choice to sell or not sell Dinan. BMWNA seems to be frowning on aftermarket stuff In general and Dinan is no exception. regardless, Dinan is moving back toward flash tuning , but the M5 tune wont be anytime soon for them. They are still working on m2,3,4 stuff trying to get that series right.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 07:35 PM   #31
AMOR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90

What’s the deal between dinan and carbahn? If Steve Dinan left his own company to establish carbahn, who’s running the Dinan now?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 07:48 PM   #32
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOR View Post
What’s the deal between dinan and carbahn? If Steve Dinan left his own company to establish carbahn, who’s running the Dinan now?
Dinan is part of a much larger conglomerate (HPI) that is made up of dozens of companies/brands but the main entity is Holley. The European\Tuning division (Powerteq) consists of Dinan,APR (Audi/VW), superchips, Diablo sport and edge on the domestic side. Other sister companies in the portfolio include Flowmaster, Hooker/Blackheart, B&M, Hurst, NOS, EFI, the Mr Gasket brands, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 08:51 PM   #33
AMOR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Dinan is part of a much larger conglomerate (HPI) that is made up of dozens of companies/brands but the main entity is Holley. The European\Tuning division (Powerteq) consists of Dinan,APR (Audi/VW), superchips, Diablo sport and edge on the domestic side. Other sister companies in the portfolio include Flowmaster, Hooker/Blackheart, B&M, Hurst, NOS, EFI, the Mr Gasket brands, etc.
Thanks for clarifying that. Any updates on when Dinan’s flash tune is coming out for F90?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 09:05 PM   #34
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Thanks for clarifying that. Any updates on when Dinan’s flash tune is coming out for F90?
Nothing to share at present I'm afraid other then it's still in development. We are behind in flashing and are well aware of that fact. Been revamping our entire backend delivery system which has been tedious and caused more delays then I care to admit to the whole program. Been slowly digging out with S55 and N55 released as the low hanging fruit and now are primarily focused on volume. S58, S63, b48 and N63 are also being worked on concurrently but the vast majority of resources are on B58 at present.
Appreciate 0