BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Anyone with issues with auto-high beams?

04-21-2024, 09:20 PM   #1
SigForLife
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Comp

Anyone with issues with auto-high beams?

I previously owned a 21 M5 Comp that ended up being bought back by BMW under Pa’s Lemon Law. I just purchased a slightly used 2023 M5 Comp and the auto-high beams seem to turn off in the absence of any vehicles and even where there is an actual vehicle, it takes in excess of a minute, post-vehicle for it to turn back on. I don’t remember any such issues with 21. I’m wondering if anyone else has had this problem and whether it is some form of calibration issue. Thx in advance!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:44 AM   #2
Sneaky Pete
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
I previously owned a 21 M5 Comp that ended up being bought back by BMW under Pa’s Lemon Law. I just purchased a slightly used 2023 M5 Comp and the auto-high beams seem to turn off in the absence of any vehicles and even where there is an actual vehicle, it takes in excess of a minute, post-vehicle for it to turn back on. I don’t remember any such issues with 21. I’m wondering if anyone else has had this problem and whether it is some form of calibration issue. Thx in advance!
Its not just car headlights but also street lights, reflective road signs etc that affect the sensor.
It should work exactly as expected on a pitch black road.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:52 AM   #3
GTTC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

I think I read somewhere in the owner’s manual that the auto-hi beam sentivity is adjustable.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:57 AM   #4
jrmccain
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

From the Manual
Attached Images

Appreciate 0