BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion    Things Dealerships Do That Piss You Off

01-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #155
GreyCoupe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 650i Coupe

Overall, my experiences with BMW dealers has been pretty good, although I will never forgive them for selling me a car with run flat tires...
Enjoyed some fun cars over the years: 1966 Corvette Convertible, 240Z, E24 L6, 300CE-24, 2004 645 Ci, 550SL, A6s, 535xi, E300/Bluetec/420, Grand Cherokee Overland, 2012 650i Coupe, 12 CL550, 13 SL550, 15 650i Coupe
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2016, 01:29 PM   #156
Shinguin
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d LCI

Local salesman told me BMW just allow 9.6% discount for F30 LCI and he is willing to provide it to me. Bought it at other dealer with more than 20% discount...
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 02:26 PM   #157
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

Not really anything that pissed me off, but my local dealer (who was my first choice to purchase from) is a one-price dealership.

They had an X1 that I really liked, but it was overpriced compared to other CPOs on the market. They stuck to their one-price guns (which frankly I can respect) and I ended up with an X1 from a different dealer that was a year newer, had more options all for less $$$.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 08:15 PM   #158
Rain49king
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
to think only 8% of profit is built in you are crazy. its called hold back where bmw cuts them a check for each car sold.

i dont like lying and if you dont do your home work the dealership will crush you. i like the tesla approach to sales and cut out the middleman but you saw all the dealerships cry because their monopoly would be in jeopardy.

i like the game playing like where i was trading in my car where we agreed on 15k, 6 weeks after the car came in i told my wife be prepared to walk out and like i knew they would..."ohh we can only offer you 14k, the used car market has changed..blah blah" I said forget it and keep the M3 i already called discover and they said they would refund me my 1k deposit. we stood up and they came back to the table 14800 which was fair given i used the car for 6 more weeks. but its those types of nonsense that people hate the car buying experience and if my wife did the deal on her on should would have just signed the deal.

Always know what you want to pay
leave emotions aside, never get attached
always be prepared to walk away
Break down each item separately (trade,new car, financing)
There is 40% mark up in a gallon of milk next time your at the grocery I would negotiate the price! Dealers don't set the MSRP price of these cars, I have no problem with anyone shopping for the best deal but I don't see why you would bash a dealer for asking for the manufacturer suggested retail price. I would venture to say a dealer would be lucky to make 8% at MSRP, take in to consideration how much they spend on advertising, employees, buildings and property, then take in to account most dealers are funded by a floor plan through a bank who pays for the millions of dollars in inventory for very high fees. Not saying they don't make money but they definitely are not closing early if you happen to pay MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 11:26 AM   #159
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain49king View Post
There is 40% mark up in a gallon of milk next time your at the grocery I would negotiate the price! Dealers don't set the MSRP price of these cars, I have no problem with anyone shopping for the best deal but I don't see why you would bash a dealer for asking for the manufacturer suggested retail price. I would venture to say a dealer would be lucky to make 8% at MSRP, take in to consideration how much they spend on advertising, employees, buildings and property, then take in to account most dealers are funded by a floor plan through a bank who pays for the millions of dollars in inventory for very high fees. Not saying they don't make money but they definitely are not closing early if you happen to pay MSRP.
i know many in the car business that kill it making 100k ++ taking people for a ride, its honestly their fault (payer) because they don't do the homework. Herb Chambers might be a billionaire, i don't think the industry is hurting, why not use direct marketing and decrease price all around, manufacturer owned dealerships.

Profit is profit and i understand your side, (its their job to maximize profit)

Alot of times you would be better off going off in a test drive and tell the guy you will give him 500 cash or even 1k if you can get it as low as possible. remember you are likely working with employee's that have the least integrity. greasing goes a long way in the service industry
      01-04-2016, 12:04 PM   #160
Rain49king
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
i know many in the car business that kill it making 100k ++ taking people for a ride, its honestly their fault (payer) because they don't do the homework. Herb Chambers might be a billionaire, i don't think the industry is hurting, why not use direct marketing and decrease price all around, manufacturer owned dealerships.

Profit is profit and i understand your side, (its their job to maximize profit)

Alot of times you would be better off going off in a test drive and tell the guy you will give him 500 cash or even 1k if you can get it as low as possible. remember you are likely working with employee's that have the least integrity. greasing goes a long way in the service industry
Why not just move to a communist country, fuck capitalism right? We can have no social classes, we will all just be equal and happy driving our government issued Chevy Impala. The government can own everything and tell us how to feel think and let us know what we should and should not have. You know people making 100K a year wow really! In today's world that barely getting by unless your spouse works. I make 3 times that and I would consider myself fortunate but by no means rich. Let's cut job's and people's ability to provide for there families so this guy can save $1000 bucks on his $80k car. Get a life my friend!
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2016, 07:12 PM   #161
Fast.asleep
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain49king View Post
Let's cut job's and people's ability to provide for there families so this guy can save $1000 bucks on his $80k car.
That's capitalism. Sometimes it's pretty ugly but it's the best option we've got so far.

When it comes right down to it, I care about a dealerships operating costs as much as they care about my mortgage.
Appreciate 1