BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)    More Honors for Hamilton...

View Poll Results: I don't like HAM because...
It's the car. He has had it very easy. 7 43.75%
He had everything handed to him on a silver platter. 0 0%
He whines too much. 4 25.00%
The FIA let's he and Mercedes do anything he wants. 0 0%
His team mates always lay down for him. 0 0%
Average driver. He's just been lucky. 1 6.25%
Other...please state what it is. 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

12-26-2020, 04:00 PM   #23
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Other.....

Lewis thought he had more rights to the name 'Hamilton' than a watch company that had been making watches since 1892 under that name.... and tried to sue that company.
Luckily the European Union Intellectual Property Office ruled otherwise... (so the Hamilton Watch Company can luckily still make, sell and repair their watches under their own name )

One of the megalomaniac traits that happen to some people that dominate their field of profession and therefore they think it's also applicable in other fields (many popstars suffer from the same horrific condition)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58900.50
MKSixer34171.50
      12-26-2020, 04:37 PM   #24
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Other.....

Lewis thought he had more rights to the name 'Hamilton' than a watch company that had been making watches since 1892 under that name.... and tried to sue that company.
Luckily the European Union Intellectual Property Office ruled otherwise... (so the Hamilton Watch Company can luckily still make, sell and repair their watches under their own name )

One of the megalomaniac traits that happen to some people that dominate their field of profession and therefore they think it's also applicable in other fields (many popstars suffer from the same horrific condition)
I saw that. What they are actually suffering from is poor and greedy legal counsel. My daughter is a 2nd year in law school and laughed at the suit when she heard about it.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 05:09 PM   #25
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I saw that. What they are actually suffering from is poor and greedy legal counsel. My daughter is a 2nd year in law school and laughed at the suit when she heard about it.
I don't know if it's a matter of poor legal counselling.
One of Lewis' sponsors is IWC, a brand in a competing watch conglommerate.
Maybe they saw an oppertunity to bully one of their competitors by using this as a legal tool.
But point is, Lewis should know that this is happening (and he does), and should know that it's a sign of poor character if you let yourself in with such things, whether he wins or loses.
I think it's more a question of upbringing/education than legal counselling.
Legal counselling may predict the outcome, but maybe not the morality of the matter.

It's a bit like Max Verstappen would be sueing the Pepsi Co. if they want to further expand their Pepsi Max products in Europe..... because his name is also Max...(imagine if that would happen...)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 12-26-2020 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 3
      12-27-2020, 03:39 AM   #26
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Maybe they saw an oppertunity to bully one of their competitors by using this as a legal tool.
But point is, Lewis should know that this is happening (and he does), and should know that it's a sign of poor character if you let yourself in with such things, whether he wins or loses.
Legal counselling may predict the outcome, but maybe not the morality of the matter.

It's a bit like Max Verstappen would be sueing the Pepsi Co. if they want to further expand their Pepsi Max products in Europe..... because his name is also Max...(imagine if that would happen...)
The more I read about this the more it's hard to believe. I think having too much money can lead some into delusions of grandeur.
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2020, 04:45 PM   #27
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

It absolutely is poor legal counseling. Anyone on the planet can spend 10 minutes on a search and see that the original Hamilton watch brand is untouchable in this. I work with patents and trade marks all the time. HAM is a racing driver and depends on his business staff to manage these processes. The attorneys on that team and anyone who agreed with this debacle should be rung up and moved on to their next opportunity to screw the pooch.

Complete idiots.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
racerbruce3848.50
      12-27-2020, 05:17 PM   #28
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Well said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
It absolutely is poor legal counseling. Anyone on the planet can spend 10 minutes on a search and see that the original Hamilton watch brand is untouchable in this. I work with patents and trade marks all the time. HAM is a racing driver and depends on his business staff to manage these processes. The attorneys on that team and anyone who agreed with this debacle should be rung up and moved on to their next opportunity to screw the pooch.

Complete idiots.
Well said MK -
My business experience totally agrees - terminate your legal team.