E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Two weeks ownership

08-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #1
Brrapp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Monaco Blue E92 335i

Garage List
Two weeks ownership

Its been 2 weeks since I got the 09 E92 and Ive made my first purchase from burger I got the obd2 scan tool from Bavarian technic .

I have the dreaded 30ff I knew it would happen as I bought the car knowing it had waste gate rattle .

Ive also found out that the car fax where I got the car was incorrect it said one owner no accidents, one owner in U.S. that is ,I ran the VIN to check open recalls VIN invalid called BMW they ran VIN invalid they said to call BMW N.A. llc they were closed Saturday to activate VIN in U.S. ?

I actually found previous owner from service docs. from Germany where he purchased the car used he was 3rd owner.And the car has an accident he said a truck backed over the hood and the hood was replaced, I also asked if the car had a rebuilt title he said no.

So back to the codes I got a half engine light and limp mode got the scan tool and the first 30 ff code was at 61k miles and the other 2 30ff were at the present mileage of 81k.all the codes were thrown at about 2100/2500 rpm and the two codes that came up on me were when I was in too high of a gear and lugging it.

Ive been researching turbos and don't know if I should go the OEM or VTT, RB. was leaning towards the VTT with upgraded chra and compressor wheels or maybe just the VTT OEM replacement.now would be the time for upgrades though. any suggestions?

Last edited by Brrapp; 08-20-2017 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 05:07 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats on the new ride!

If your budget allows it, get a stage 2 upgrade turbo

If not get a stage 1 Pure or Vargas

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 08:31 AM   #3
Brrapp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Monaco Blue E92 335i

Garage List
Thanks for the reply Mike,I reached down through the top and got ahold of waste gate actuator rod it was tight then wiggled the arm for the waste gate at the turbo housing ad it rattled.

I do have a mity vac and will go through the leak test but I'm pretty sure its going to be turbo R/R.

I have to save up a bit I was quoted 1600 for labor only at an indy here in Albany GA I was hoping to do supporting mods first but right now can only afford turbos will probably go the stock route because I cant afford turbos and supporting mods for upgraded turbos at this moment.

I may check out Markert and see what kind of deal I can get for RB ones but I only see the twos on their website plus install.

Still on the fence about RB,Pure,VTT, I'm probably going to do OEM for reliability.

Last edited by Brrapp; 08-27-2017 at 08:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrapp View Post
Thanks for the reply Mike,I reached down through the top and got ahold of waste gate actuator rod it was tight then wiggled the arm for the waste gate at the turbo housing ad it rattled.

I do have a mity vac and will go through the leak test but I'm pretty sure its going to be turbo R/R.

I have to save up a bit I was quoted 1600 for labor only at an indy here in Albany GA I was hoping to do supporting mods first but right now can only afford turbos will probably go the stock route because I cant afford turbos and supporting mods for upgraded turbos at this moment.

I may check out Markert and see what kind of deal I can get for RB ones but I only see the twos on their website plus install.

Still on the fence about RB,Pure,VTT, I'm probably going to do OEM for reliability.
I would go with Pure ... Might be even more reliable than stock

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0