E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > 2007 328xi - No starting after not driving in gear P0752 Error Code

03-29-2018, 10:01 PM   #1
harrimann
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Garage List
Exclamation 2007 328xi - No starting after not driving in gear P0752 Error Code

Hello all,

So I had a very odd thing happen on my BMW yesterday. (2007 328xi Sports Wagon)

I drove home from work and stopped to pick up some food from the grocery store. When I arrived I put the car in P and turned the car off. Ran inside grabbed my food and hopped back in my car. I started the car put it in R and hit the gas, but it did not go anywhere. I then switched the car into D hit the gas, slightly moved forward, but there was a wall in front of me. So I shut the car down and now the car won't start.

I connected the car to a scanner and came up with the following error codes:

P0752 BMW - Shift Solenoid 'A' Circuit Continuity
P181A - not sure what this one is.

As I was messing with the car an icon came up on the dash that basically said press brake to start car. It is acting as if I'm not pressing the brake or that the car is not in P so it won't start.

Thoughts on this? Do I need to replace the Shift Solenoid? Do I have to completely remove the tranny or can I access the Solenoids by dropping the pan? Do I have to remove the mechatronics? If I understand correctly the Solenoids are connected to the mechatronic?

I'm fairly mechanically inclined and prefer to do the work myself on all my vehicles. This is the second BMW I've owned. I used to have a 318ti but I sold it to a friend.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by harrimann; 03-29-2018 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 10:10 PM   #2
harrimann
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Garage List
I just came across this site:

https://blog.bavauto.com/16677/bmw-a...2-e83-ga6l45r/

Makes me think that it is not the Shift Solenoid.

What do you guys think? My fear is that if I take it to the dealer they are going to tell me I need a new tranny.
Appreciate 0