BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    MPE install question/advice

07-27-2019, 08:46 PM   #1
M5 dude now
Private
Rep
Drives: M5 competition

Garage List
MPE install question/advice

I want to buy the MPE from GetBMWParts because its cheaper, like $1500 cheaper. First question, do any of you think if I show the price to my local BMW stealership, they might match the price of the GetBMWParts? If they don't, can I just buy the parts (cheaper) and get the dealership to install the MPE. I know they probable hate that but what is the install charge for something like this?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 09:16 AM   #2
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyclinician View Post
I want to buy the MPE from GetBMWParts because its cheaper, like $1500 cheaper. First question, do any of you think if I show the price to my local BMW stealership, they might match the price of the GetBMWParts? If they don't, can I just buy the parts (cheaper) and get the dealership to install the MPE. I know they probable hate that but what is the install charge for something like this?
I have always had a good relationship with my local Service Manager and within the past year there was a change in trying to retain customers. There are signs posted at my local dealer which state that they will match or beat any service quote by any competitor on BMW's. Apparently, they were losing customers when they lost their service. They matched the price on installing my DP's.
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 01:25 PM   #3
M5 dude now
Private
Rep
Drives: M5 competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
I have always had a good relationship with my local Service Manager and within the past year there was a change in trying to retain customers. There are signs posted at my local dealer which state that they will match or beat any service quote by any competitor on BMW's. Apparently, they were losing customers when they lost their service. They matched the price on installing my DP's.
I have been buying from this same dealership for 15 years. I am hoping they will do the same. They changed General Manager a couple years ago and things have changed but I will give it a try.
Appreciate 0